Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im also anxiously awaiting the announcement of DX04. I keep thinking is a battle damaged T-800 but I pray that it's Superman.

I think that's the BIGGEST clue right there that its going to be Reeves. Why would they need a new muscular body for a BD T800 when they already have that body?

When watching Superman, I'm amazed to see how built Reeves was. He's not muscular like how Schwarzenegger or Stallone was but he was pretty built. Obviously they would need a new body as the ones currently available are too muscular. HT knows that one of the biggest demand is Reeves and what a better way to market that than selling it as a DX.

Just like many ppl have said on the FB Hot Toys page. Why would you need an extra head for a BD T-800. there's no point in a regular b/c the regular T-800 just came out. If hot toys its gonna make reeves perfect then he will need a new muscular body. If anyone has seen the extras on the superman DVD then you know how built reeves actually was, (paraphrased quote) "I knew I was going to be wearing a bodysuit, but I wanted to actually feel like superman not just a man in a suit" maybe it's not reeves, but I really don't think it's T-800..but with 2 PERS sculpts I don't see who else it could be. Like I said on the FB page, they could throw a major curveball and it could be Neo from the Matrix. Not that I want him, just a something not everyone has guessed since they do still have the Matrix liscence though he wouldn't need a new muscular body

from hot toys:

Thanks very much for the guess by fans on DX04! A few fans have got it right and here is one more evident clue for the final guess!

The following unprecedented artist cast reveals how much emphasis Hot Toys has put on this project, which shall give fans more solid hints on what this collectible figure is!

Hot Toys is going to proudly present the strongest ARTIST CREW of the MMS DX04 1/6th scale Collectible Figure!

Artists Cast:
- Head Sculpted by Yulli
- Body Sculpted by Noh Sung Woon & Kouhei Okui
- Painted by JC Hong
- Head & Body Art Directed by JC Hong & Kojun
- Costume Made by Lim Young Jin
- Accessory Sculpted by Cha Tae Jin
- Product Designed by Monster Jr., Hazel Lee & Ray Ling
- Backdrop Designed by Monster Jr. & Fung Wong

Curious you? One more thing, the DX04 will also come with a newly sculpted muscular body!

Can't wait? The DX04 is coming and pre-order will start very soon! Stay tuned!
[/I][/I]

a newly sculpted muscular body wouldnt be needed for reeve so now im really doubting it will be him :(

I hope its Supes but that sounds like Avatar to me?.
Backdrop designed by....
Head and body art directed by... 2 people to sculpt the body?
Not Reeves surely? Two heads (early and tribal jake?)
:panic:

I hope its Supes but that sounds like Avatar to me?.
Backdrop designed by....
Head and body art directed by... 2 people to sculpt the body?
Not Reeves surely? Two heads (early and tribal jake?)
:panic:

Hmm now that I think about it. You're probably right in which I definitely wouldn't mind a Jake Sully/Avatar Figure. But that would mean we'd need a Neytiri to go with him. I think or hope that we get one normal wheel chair Jake and one Avatar Jake...Sam Worthington is coming up in the world and seems like hot toys likes making his sculpts so I certainly wouldn't mind yet another :) but over all I'd still reeeeeally want a Reeves Superman. But can't say I'd be mad if we get Avatar

I would love it if it was Avatar then my wallet can catch a break for once :lol

ITs SUPERMAN :rock

from tommy's blog (plastic enemies):

ap_20100729012153464.jpg

He's just teasing. You guys are gonna be in for a big disappointment.

Not for definite yet bud.

Although I seriously hope so.

I think its 99.9%.

remember the crushed helmet before Mark 3 BD was even announced, portable vaio from connor, mark 2 boots etc? he got the insider info before it was even announced by HT. And also the mark VI silhouette a few weeks back?

I assumed he got the nod from HT to give a bit of a spoiler/teaser for us since we are such a demanding crowd :lol

Actually, another point that it may be reeves...the 2 heads, 1 clark kent and 1 superman...new muscular body...

Man, i think it is gonna be Reeves!!!:panic:

i seriously HOPE its superman, but i know it may or not be. It wont be a terminator because of the new body, we can rule that out. not sure about avatar, because what would two heads be for? thats a maybe for avatar. doubt its expendable.

Honestly reeves has a unique body and pretty much the only figure worthy of the Pers system. im not going to hold my breath but i am secretly praying it is reeves. lets all keep our fingers crossed.

Actually, another point that it may be reeves...the 2 heads, 1 clark kent and 1 superman...new muscular body...

Man, i think it is gonna be Reeves!!!:panic:

Another point?! We've been discussing it all day. :lol

Last edited:
i seriously HOPE its superman, but i know it may or not be. It wont be a terminator because of the new body, we can rule that out. not sure about avatar, because what would two heads be for? thats a maybe for avatar. doubt its expendable.

Honestly reeves has a unique body and pretty much the only figure worthy of the Pers system. im not going to hold my breath but i am secretly praying it is reeves. lets all keep our fingers crossed.

Well secrets out now, but don't worry I'm praying for a Chris Reeves Superman as well.

i seriously HOPE its superman, but i know it may or not be. It wont be a terminator because of the new body, we can rule that out. not sure about avatar, because what would two heads be for? thats a maybe for avatar.

The two heads could be either one human Jake Sully and one Avatar Jake Sully or two Avatar Jakes: one when he first goes to the tribe with full hair and one with the sides shaved off with the war paint from the end battle scene.
And for the whole "years of planning" part or whatever, Avatar the movie was years in planning/making so maybe just b/c Hot toys didn't announce the liscnece, doesn't mean they weren't planning on having Avatar figures. Maybe they were waiting
I'm hoping for reeves as much as anyone b/c he too was my hero growing up, just giving reason for avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back