Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to add that anyone who has added an "s" to the end of Reeve during any point of this threads existence is not allowed to own this figure.

ITs SUPERMAN :rock

from tommy's blog (plastic enemies):

ap_20100729012153464.jpg

That's good enough for me... if its on Tommy's blog that is gospel :lecture

Man, I am so stoked about this; guess I can save the $50ish I could have spent on the Mattel version.

At this point I feel as though if it's anything other than Superman, Hot Toys' Facebook page will have to be removed off the interwebs due to the hate that'll be slung.

I'd just like to add that anyone who has added an "s" to the end of Reeve during any point of this threads existence is not allowed to own this figure.

What if you want to buy multiple Christopher "Reeves?" By the way, I hope everybody has read his book "Still Me." Great book by a great man.

Lmao! I think it kind of just rolls off the tounge that way b/c his name has been used in a plural manner so much ppl naturally put the arbitrary 's' there. Just like when you tell a street name. Most of the time ppl put an 's' at the end for no reason

I'm ready for Hot Toys to make a Christopher Reeve Superman...finally. :yess: Now that his likeness is out there already on the DC Direct Superman statue, and the upcoming 12" figure from Mattel, it's now able to be made. I know for many years there were issues with "officially" getting permission to use his likeness on Superman figures. I've seen some custom ones over the years. Some good some bad. I've got one coming soon from Les Walker. :yess: I'm counting the days until I get it. :) But I would also buy a Christopher Reeve Superman figure IF Hot Toys made one!

I think the DX04 would be perfect for a Reeve Superman! Plus the news that there should be two heads. One for Clark Kent, one for Superman. Christopher Reeve with ALWAYS be my Superman! The Superman of my childhood growing up in the 1980s. He made a HUGE impact on me portraying Superman and Clark Kent.

Do we really need another Sam Worthington figure? First Hot Toys did a Marcus Wright, then they did the upcoming Perseus from the new Clash Of The Titans. I loved AVATAR, but I'd much rather see a Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent 2-in-1 figure set, than a Jake Sully/AVATAR figure set.

Yeah, I agree that Hot Toys on facebook and their forums WILL be ON FIRE :mad: if this new figure is NOT a Christopher Reeve Superman for this new DX04 figure!

I see confusion with Christopher Reeve's name sometimes too. I think some people confuse the spelling of his last name with the actor that played Superman and Clark Kent in the Superman T.V. series in the 1950s. His name was George Reeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back