Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of predators bad ideas,
I guess this is old,sorry if is been discussed but, anyone here read that Dutch Cameo for the predators movie that didn't happen?

I just read it on the link sprig0701 gave us about the sequel,
I was like... is this for real? seems a little too much for Dutch:

Ground begins to vibrate, barely perceptible at first.
Growing stronger, rising in intensity and volume.
As if a freight train was coming toward them.
Slowly Royce stands up. Isabelle alongside him.
Ready for whatever comes next.
Dust and ash swirl all around, obscuring vision in all directions.
Then the cloud settles, revealing—

A PREDATOR SHIP
This isn’t the Enterprise. Ugly. Battered. Functional.
They stare.
A form SHIMMERS into view. A Predator. Another. More. About a dozen of them.

Royce and Isabelle. No energy to fight. No point to run. They simply wait.
Predators part like the Red Sea. Their leader — his armor different from the rest, covered in trophies from untold hunts — approaches.
Surveys up our duo. The devastation. Last but not least, the slain Black Super Predator.
Slowly he removes his helmet.The face beneath it belongs to—
DUTCH
The man. The myth. The legend.
DUTCH
Not bad, kid. Not bad at all.
SMASH TO BLACK
THE END

link here:https://www.movie-moron.com/?page_id=12993
:slap
that kind of end reminds me of the Resident evil movies, where they sandwich a totally pointless scene at the end for no reason besides for sequels, like the third nd forth movie's end....

Of course, but... 63?
He'd be floating around with his futuristic Pred-wheelchair and Bio-mask oxygen tanks....

Why not? People are still buying Eastwood as a tough-as-nails hardass in Grand Torino. I don't see why Arnold would be any different, so long as the role proper suits his age. Going toe-to-toe with predators is a bit much, but using their own technology and his experience from P1to ambush them sure makes a hell of a lot of sense for an age appropriate role.

Why not? People are still buying Eastwood as a tough-as-nails hardass in Grand Torino. I don't see why Arnold would be any different, so long as the role proper suits his age. Going toe-to-toe with predators is a bit much, but using their own technology and his experience from P1to ambush them sure makes a hell of a lot of sense for an age appropriate role.
I'm not saying every 63 year old is like that, I meant for what he would be doing.. Like, hunting big scary alien shizzle..

I'm sure he and his clan won't just be driving around shooting asian gangsters. :lol

They could probably pull it off, with the technology thing, but idunno.. Seems too crazy, and there are far better roles he could play in a sequel.

:lecture when clint says he is going to blow a hole in some guy's face...i believe him. plus, if that's from the original rodriguez script it's from the mid 90s. which means arnold would be a little younger.

I'm not saying every 63 year old is like that, I meant for what he would be doing.. Like, hunting big scary alien shizzle..

I'm sure he and his clan won't just be driving around shooting asian gangsters. :lol

They could probably pull it off, with the technology thing, but idunno.. Seems too crazy, and there are far better roles he could play in a sequel.

I find my scenario a hell of a lot more plausible than a CIA liaison/adviser ala Dillon in the first film. He's too old for that kind of role unless you make him the first to be taken out, or wound the hell out of the Predator before the 1-on-1 begins. Better to see him as a Sgt. Rock-type hardened veteran who's been hunting these things like a pseudo intergalactic bounty hunter since his debrief after the first film. Hell, maybe even toss in Glover as part of the "team" and you can add the poopy P2 back into canon. :lol

Speaking of predators bad ideas,
I guess this is old,sorry if is been discussed but, anyone here read that Dutch Cameo for the predators movie that didn't happen?

I just read it on the link sprig0701 gave us about the sequel,
I was like... is this for real? seems a little too much for Dutch:

Ground begins to vibrate, barely perceptible at first.
Growing stronger, rising in intensity and volume.
As if a freight train was coming toward them.
Slowly Royce stands up. Isabelle alongside him.
Ready for whatever comes next.
Dust and ash swirl all around, obscuring vision in all directions.
Then the cloud settles, revealing—

A PREDATOR SHIP
This isn’t the Enterprise. Ugly. Battered. Functional.
They stare.
A form SHIMMERS into view. A Predator. Another. More. About a dozen of them.

Royce and Isabelle. No energy to fight. No point to run. They simply wait.
Predators part like the Red Sea. Their leader — his armor different from the rest, covered in trophies from untold hunts — approaches.
Surveys up our duo. The devastation. Last but not least, the slain Black Super Predator.
Slowly he removes his helmet.The face beneath it belongs to—
DUTCH
The man. The myth. The legend.
DUTCH
Not bad, kid. Not bad at all.
SMASH TO BLACK
THE END

link here:https://www.movie-moron.com/?page_id=12993
:slap
that kind of end reminds me of the Resident evil movies, where they sandwich a totally pointless scene at the end for no reason besides for sequels, like the third nd forth movie's end....

:lecture when clint says he is going to blow a hole in some guy's face...i believe him. plus, if that's from the original rodriguez script it's from the mid 90s. which means arnold would be a little younger.
Correct.
This is indeed from Rodriguez's script. Being such a huge fan like us, he came up with that script shortly after the '87 original.

Personally, I think it's garbage.
Thank goodness it wasn't used.

I find my scenario a hell of a lot more plausible than a CIA liaison/adviser ala Dillon in the first film. He's too old for that kind of role unless you make him the first to be taken out, or wound the hell out of the Predator before the 1-on-1 begins. Better to see him as a Sgt. Rock-type hardened veteran who's been hunting these things like a pseudo intergalactic bounty hunter since his debrief after the first film. Hell, maybe even toss in Glover as part of the "team" and you can add the poopy P2 back into canon. :lol
The P2 rocks.
He was just given a bad script and even worse co-stars.

The P2 rocks.
He was just given a bad script and even worse co-stars.

Best looking Predator with the coolest toys, taken out with one hell of a painful script and overacting stars. I'd be all for a remake taking place in current L.A., even with the same stars, but with the dialogue rewritten, the overacting turned down to at least 11, and the Predator toughened up considerably. Especially the final act. I'd lose the whole arm-chop scene and have Glover track the predator, who's returning back to the ship with trophies for a finale in the sewers outside the ship, vs. having P2 running back to the clan after getting spanked by an old man.

Best looking Predator with the coolest toys, taken out with one hell of a painful script and overacting stars. I'd be all for a remake taking place in current L.A., even with the same stars, but with the dialogue rewritten, the overacting turned down to at least 11, and the Predator toughened up considerably. Especially the final act. I'd lose the whole arm-chop scene and have Glover track the predator, who's returning back to the ship with trophies for a finale in the sewers outside the ship, vs. having P2 running back to the clan after getting spanked by an old man.
:goodpost: Yes! Agreed with every word. :clap

yeah, everything human in that movie is painful to watch. and so loud. i swear if a human is on screen they are yelling. or so it seems.

and get off my lawn you damn kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back