Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was ok. I hope it gets better. Some cool things and some I didn’t care for. Not much I want in 1:6 from that episode. Maybe just a certain blue guy and a certain white droid.

It was solid and for the most part I’m satisfied. I didn’t leave the episode overly hyped like I was with Mando ep 1 but they may pull this off. Episodes just need to be longer.

I wouldn’t mind one of those crazy lookin Tuskens in 1/6. just one though

So I've seen Episode 1. What did people think ?

I'd say the following

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I enjoyed it. The flashbacks were very good and it's interesting to see Boba isn't prepared for the crime boss life.

I enjoyed it. The flashbacks were very good and it's interesting to see Boba isn't prepared for the crime boss life.
I dunno. I got the feeling that the Crimelord bit was being a bit Disneyfied. i.e "I rule with Respect not Fear". Surely the advice from Fennec and the droid will be shown to be bad advice, and kids watching will learn that respect is better than fear. Seems in line with what George would do as well.

Plus I really can't see Disney going to go down the fear and torture route.

Liked it, think it might of worked if Disney+ gave us 2 episodes instead of just 1, as this worked as an introductory episode, but that really is it.

The fight scene with the Parkour guys was not great though, felt very choreographed with too many quick camera cuts. Would of love to seen more of the Sarlacc Escape too. Tem definitely has a presence as Boba though.

I dunno. I got the feeling that the Crimelord bit was being a bit Disneyfied. i.e "I rule with Respect not Fear". Surely the advice from Fennec and the droid will be shown to be bad advice, and kids watching will learn that respect is better than fear. Seems in line with what George would do as well.

Plus I really can't see Disney going to go down the fear and torture route.

There was a clear aversion to blaster guns :mad:

Liked it, think it might of worked if Disney+ gave us 2 episodes instead of just 1, as this worked as an introductory episode, but that really is it.

The fight scene with the Parkour guys was not great though, felt very choreographed with too many quick camera cuts. Would of love to seen more of the Sarlacc Escape too. Tem definitely has a presence as Boba though.

I was pretty apprehensive about Morrison playing a post ROTJ Boba Fett and the first episode just confirms he was miscast. From his body look in the suit, down to his body language, constant helmetless appearances, bumbling actions, and diologue he just doesn't feel like the mysterious bounty hunter from the OT. I hope he is redeemed in the episodes to come.

Not when he strode into Jabba's palace though. :)

6 months after when KK worked out it was hidden in a post credit scene, she probably then went and said (in a old lady high pitch school teacher tone)......."we'll have no more of that Mr Rodriguez !"

I'm definitely afraid that the first two seasons of The Mandalorian are going to be an anomaly. The Mandalorian was really good, has probably become too popular and now the Lucasfilm(Kennedy) idiots likely want to take advantage of that and put their spin on things as they have done in the past. The very long delay of season three is not a good sign.

Last edited:
If BoBF continues like the first episode, I expect many to bail on the Boba Fett figures. We'll see if it picks up and Boba becomes a competent person again.

Wasn't the biggest fan, but I think with everything I've ordered from Mando I don't think I'll need any figures from this series yet. I'm glad I ordered the other Tuskens, I prefer that look over these.

If BoBF continues like the first episode, I expect many to bail on the Boba Fett figures. We'll see if it picks up and Boba becomes a competent person again.
Maybe, but whatever happens this is staying !

repaint-armor-boba-fett-on-throne-deluxe-mandalorian-star-wars-hot-toys-bunker158-3.jpg

I don't like his current outfit, but I'm still looking forward to the Uncle Fester, mildewed and repainted figures. Those are the interpretations of the older Boba that I want to remember him by.

The Book of Bob is likely to be one of those stories that'll have to be explained away as a mis-interpretation of the actual events, maybe by 8D8.

I'm definitely afraid that the first two seasons of The Mandalorian are going to be an anomaly. The Mandalorian was really good, has probably become too popular and now the Lucasfilm(Kennedy) idiots likely want to take advantage of that and put their spin on things as they have done in the past. The very long delay of season three is not a good sign.
I don't see the delay as an issue, especially with Covid situation, and it takes time to out-do yourself; but think midway through Season 2 of Mando it overly embraced the nostalgia train anyway - tho the Bill Burr episode was awesome.

There wasn't anything I wanted to pull my wallet out for re Boba, except the Tuskens. But it's early yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back