Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If BoBF continues like the first episode, I expect many to bail on the Boba Fett figures. We'll see if it picks up and Boba becomes a competent person again.
:lol:lol:lol

Well, dunno, I still have my monk Boba set going, so far, as thought his re-appearance was well done in the Mandalorian. It may have well been best to have Boba make occasional appearances in Mandalorian vs. a whole show. But there it is.:bunnydanc

Yo, they didn't choose the Jawa Life. The Jawa Life chose them. ☠️
7ZeNSj.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Hot Toys next Boba Figure will be him and Bacta Tank as an exclusive accessory.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hot Toys next Boba Figure will be him and Bacta Tank as an exclusive accessory.
Agree with the music. They should have got these guys in for the end theme.

Nothing against Gorranson, he could have done the rest, just this style suits the underworld better imo.

Well I've just watched it and maybe I need to take a bit of time to think about it or even give it a rewatch, but right now, I found it to be very "meh". I really hope the second episode onward is better. I appreciate they had a lot of set up to do.
I do quite like this new black robe wearing tribe/clan of Tuskens. Nice addition to the classic brown robed ones we've seen before.
I liked Boba's new look more than I did before, now I've seen it properly in motion, on screen. Still prefer his repainted, end of season 2 Mando look.
The fight with the energy shield guys was underwhelming.
Was it just me, or did Tem not sound like Boba? Not sure if I made sense there. His accent is a little weaker/softer maybe? Voice less harsh?
I think the episode could have done with being longer. It was about 34 mins long without the credits.

Last edited:
Yep I'm happy with my ESB Boba and upcoming AOTC Jango.

First episode was very ho hum. Didn't feel like an event series launch at all.

After episode 1 I don't have the urge to collect anything from this show which is honestly a bit of a relief. But it is a bit sad that the Sarlaac escape scene was so lackluster that I don't even feel the need to get that as a figure.

It was very anticlimactic.

Aaaaand I'm back to making **** up in my head instead. I'll watch the rest out of curiosity but this isn't the same Fett infamous for his disintegrations. I was a bit wary back in Mando S2 but this is probably the final nail in the coffin for TM Fett. It's very early days so we'll see.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If BoBF continues like the first episode, I expect many to bail on the Boba Fett figures. We'll see if it picks up and Boba becomes a competent person again.
Highly doubt that, he was lame in the OT and people ate up the merchandise, if he remains lame then nothing will change because he looks cool.

Highly doubt that, he was lame in the OT and people ate up the merchandise, if he remains lame then nothing will change because he looks cool.
I was six when I first saw Empire Strikes Back in the theater and when I saw Boba with the rest of the bounty hunters, I just thought exactly what you stated chrisstruthers....cool. But then when Han had been frozen and Boba was taking him away, I just associated him as being a really bad individual.

As a kid, you really don't put too much thought into the original trilogy (kid in that era). You really felt like you were in another galaxy. It would have been nice if George had not killed off Boba, but I believe he did it to close loose ends. Jabba also. Han could just focus on the rebellion.

Seeing that Boba survived, you would think that after retrieving his armor and Slave-1, he would go after Han for revenge. Fennec being his associate, I don't know as yet. He did team up with individuals in the Clone Wars series, so the verdict is not in as yet.

I pray that they do Boba justice, as there is still some episodes to build him, but part of me wishes he did not escape the Sarlac Pit. I wish that he was not a clone from Jango in fact. He should have been left a mystery and left unmasked if I had a choice.

First episode was very ho hum. Didn't feel like an event series launch at all.
Agreed. If I compared it to the first episode of the Mandalorian, The Mando show left more of an impact. Mainly because we had no idea who the Mando is and what his back story was. Story line was better and other characters were more interesting (IG-11, Greef, Kuiil, The Client and doctor Pershing). Music was also fitting from beginning to end. Really love that shootout scene with IG-11 and the music that went along with him.....gave me Frankenstein vibes. I really did want a figure of IG after that one episode and after Din shot him I thought back to Darth Maul in episode one and said to myself, "Way to f#%! up another cool character!" Thank goodness we had two moe episodes of him.

Now, seems like if most people had a choice of figure from this one episode it would be either the Gamorrean Guard, Sand People, Max Rebo or Jawa. If the Tusken tribe leader plays more of a role in future episodes, then maybe.

He was a badass in the OT. You could tell he was a ruthless veteran and wouldn't tolerate a Tusken kid, mayor insult and the idiot Rodian.

In this he is completely worthless and Fennec is the only one with brains.

Fits right in with Disney destroying well loved OT characters. People ordered cause of Mando S2, not this garbage.

But SW fans raised on PT, ST and TCW have been raised on garbage so he fits right in with poorly written characters.

Agreed that EU Fett would have wordlessly killed that Rhodian. And probably would have killed the Tusken kiddo.

With that said, i am willing to give this time to develop, altho not too much since we are only dealing with seven short episodes here. Boba is way out of his depth. If you or I suddenly were made a crime kingpin we would struggle a bit, too. Its been thirty minutes, give it some time.

Greatly enjoyed the flashbacks and the sarlacc scene is what it is, we are not getting more in the way of that sad to say. Respect to Fennec, she is still extremely cool.

I am keeping all my Mando series Bobas, i do not care what happens in this series, that throne room scene is emblazoned in history and it will be commemorated in my collection. We will see what else pops up.

Last edited:
Characters are developed through adversity.

We sympathize when they fall.

We celebrate when they rise.

Boba Fett’s fall began when a blind man gave him a concussion and sent him slapstick tumbling into a giant sand monster.

He will rise again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back