Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am keeping ROTJ Bobba... I want a pre and post Sarlaac pit version --if they ever released a Boba Fett Sarlaac escape version (and you know they will!) I will skip that...

Yeah, that was my immediate thought as well. What the hell is a Stormtrooper doing there ?

Also, how the hell would you tunnel upwards through sand with a helmet on ? Even his weapons tracking antennae thing is up and unbent.....

OK I'll stop now. I'm sounding really negative. But it's the little things I guess. I'm still really positive about the show, just constructive criticism I guess.
Although a Sandtrooper would've made more sense, I suppose in 30 years nearly anyone could end up down there. I like to imagine Jabba put him down there. I suppose they just wanted another armoured character to show what would happen to Boba if he stayed down there, and all they had on hand that day is a Stormtrooper outfit. My biggest gripe with the scene is the horror didn't last long enough, with Rodriguez's horror background he should really have brought that home and delivered a whole bunch of horrific things inside that Sarlacc. Also, it would've been more atmospheric if we'd seen it all from inside Boba's helmet, just as he was seeing it.

Also, it would've been more atmospheric if we'd seen it all from inside Boba's helmet, just as he was seeing it.
I keep seeing all these great ideas from random forum nerds. Highlights Disney's creative bankruptcy.

I'm not saying they didn't have these same ideas -- speaking as a creative, ideas are a dime a dozen, execution is different ballgame -- but don't tell me Disney didn't have the wherewithal to execute on ideas like this.

They just didn't bother because they know they can deliver minimum viable product and people line up.

I'm still keeping my preorders for the Deluxe and Repainted figures, but only because of how memorable and badass he was on Mando. Not sure yet if I'll feel inspired to pick up anything new from this series (which will be great for my wallet at least).
So the funny thing is, I haven't picked up anything in a while but this show has me circling back on at least thinking about a Din figure, because uneven though it was, it felt like canonical Star Wars for the most part, the character has a cooler vibe and the suit looks cooler. :unsure:

If they peppered his escape throughout the episode and then it ended with him breaking free it would have felt more epic. 38 years of fan speculation and he simply uses his torch and a bit of cardio 🤣🤣🤣
Honestly the thing that bothered me more was the lack of continuity with Boba's much thinner appearance in ROTJ. I've grown to be perfectly fine with his shorter and thicker frame in the new series, and the idea that he packed on some pounds since we last saw him, but for the show to pretend that he just always looked that way just kinda rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

Last edited:
So the funny thing is, I haven't picked up anything in a while but this show has me circling back on at least thinking about a Din figure, because uneven though it was, it felt like canonical Star Wars for the most part, the character has a cooler vibe and the suit looks cooler. :unsure:
Yeah it might be debatable whether OT Fett or Mando is the cooler character, but there's no question now that Mando is far cooler and more badass than this new version of Fett. And he has much more of that Boba Fett mystique as well.

..... Mando is a himbo. We love him. Likeable guy. He looks great. And he is... a bit of a himbo.

Say what you want about Fett, but nobody was strolling up to Slave 1 and dismantling it for parts. Slave 1 was locked the eff down.

Fett isnt getting into a knife fight with a mudhorn, when he has a ship full of ranged weapons at his disposal. Hell to the no.

I dont want to hear about Solo knocking him into the sarlacc, because that was an accident - and those can happen to anyone, accidents happen to you and me. Im talking about demonstrated episodes of questionable judgement.

Love that himbo Mando. But dude, please. Dont bring a knife to a mudhorn fight.

But now we've got Boba Dad strolling into town to shake hands and kiss babies without a helmet on, just asking for someone to take a pot shot at his shiny noggin. :unsure:

Sure didn't feel much like this guy...

3922c5ed771a048ebb2c619c85c8c844.gif

Honestly the thing that bothered me more was the lack of continuity with Boba's much thinner appearance in ROTJ. I've grown to be perfectly fine with his shorter and thicker frame in the new series, and the idea that he packed on some pounds since we last saw him, but for the show to pretend that he just always looked that way just kinda rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.
Yep and they really went out of their way to highlight that fact with extended full body shots of him laying on his back in the sand looking like a beached whale.

Although a Sandtrooper would've made more sense, I suppose in 30 years nearly anyone could end up down there. I like to imagine Jabba put him down there. I suppose they just wanted another armoured character to show what would happen to Boba if he stayed down there, and all they had on hand that day is a Stormtrooper outfit. My biggest gripe with the scene is the horror didn't last long enough, with Rodriguez's horror background he should really have brought that home and delivered a whole bunch of horrific things inside that Sarlacc. Also, it would've been more atmospheric if we'd seen it all from inside Boba's helmet, just as he was seeing it.
I wholeheartedly agree with your take on how his escape should have been played but the episode didn't take place 30 years after ROTJ since his post-Sarlacc appearance in Mando was five years after ROTJ. My guess is that his escape occurred within hours or days of the barge exploding especially if it hadn't even been picked over by jawas when he crawled out.

Sure didn't feel much like this guy...

View attachment 553129
Yeah it really feels like they're trying to bring Fett closer to Morrison's actual charming and likable personality, which would be fine for a lot of characters, but not Fett. And we still saw that cold and ruthless guy in Mando, so not sure why they felt the need to change it now.

I'm late to the discussion but basically in agreement with just about every post made so far. My 10 points:

1. Episode was way too short and not as impactful as it should have been.
2. The taming of the Fett is not good. This wasn't exactly our classic Fett. I truly hope for his "full" return.
3. TM should have been put on a stringent diet/exercise plan once it was decided that he was returning in Mando, let alone having his own show.
4. From what I've seen so far, Fennic should be running the new syndicate... (Could Disney be going all blue-haired Holdo here?...)
5. Loved the Gamorrean duo.
6. The new Tuskens were cool.
7. While watching the episode, what kept running through my mind was, "I'd like a figure of that... I don't care for that as a figure.."
8. Someone nailed it earlier by saying that the Sarlacc Pit escape flashback should have been extended further, to make it more epic.
9. Why the heck did Fett and Fennic walk into town sans weapons?? That alone defied Star Wars logic, especially in Tatooine.
10. With just 6 episodes left, Favreau and Friends really have to do better.

Bonus "11": I need to re-watch the episode and perhaps lessen my critiques afterwards...

But now we've got Boba Dad strolling into town to shake hands and kiss babies without a helmet on, just asking for someone to take a pot shot at his shiny noggin. :unsure:
He had to carry his coins in the helmet instead of ask for a bag when the Paradise club seemed eager to please. Then when the fight started he dropped his helmet instead of dumping the coins on the ground and placing it back on. Not to mention he never used his jet pack.

He had to carry his coins in the helmet instead of ask for a bag when the Paradise club seemed eager to please. Then when the fight started he dropped his helmet instead of dumping the coins on the ground and placing it back on. Not to mention he never used his jet pack.
This may be a question for the super nerds only, but does usage of the jetpack require wearing the helmet? For navigation or something?

I didn’t get the impression he had an opportunity to dump the coins and put his helmet back on since they genuinely jumped him and the helmet rolled out of the circle of attackers. But not using the jetpack does feel silly.

This may be a question for the super nerds only, but does usage of the jetpack require wearing the helmet? For navigation or something?

I didn’t get the impression he had an opportunity to dump the coins and put his helmet back on since they genuinely jumped him and the helmet rolled out of the circle of attackers. But not using the jetpack does feel silly.
At least for Mando he used some controls on his wrist gauntlet to remotely control it. Maybe Boba’s jet pack and interface aren’t as new as Din’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back