Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Ok, I feel more and more confident Hot Toys will at least make these three, especially since Gina and IG-11 are both on the new poster.

View attachment 467089

Wow haven't seen that poster. Nice find.

I like the Nick Nolte character in the background.

Looks like they're holding their cards pretty close to their chest. Not even the girl with the child anywhere.

But that's cool with me I prefer going in fresh not knowing much.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Yeah, it’s a cool image that should get the attention of casual viewers who aren’t up to date on all the news and rumors. Reminds me of those old time movie posters, actually.

The neck piece is too wide.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09...-look-dave-filoni-star-wars-clone-wars-rebels

mando.jpg

I’ve always preferred his earth tone armor as all of the pics with his upgraded silver pieces looked clunky, but this pic may be my favorite promo image so far. Everything looks gorgeous. Please don’t let us down and not release both versions, Hot Toys. Thank you!

Nice image, haven?t seen that one yet!
I also prefer the pre-beskar/original armor as well.

Nice image, haven?t seen that one yet!
I also prefer the pre-beskar/original armor as well.

Yeah me either. Every HD image I see I get more excited for how polished this looks.

Also agree that the metal armour looks pretty good in this shot. I get the feeling he might upgrade pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but Deborah Chow (The Mandalorian and Better Call Saul) has been announced as the director of the Kenobi series. Hossein Amini (the writer of Drive) announced as the series writer. Slightly disappointed Filoni's not involved, but maybe they have something else lined up for him.

https://www.starwars.com/news/deborah-chow-obi-wan-kenobi-series

Yeah me either. Every HD image I see I get more excited for how polished this looks.

Also agree that the metal armour looks pretty good in this shot. I get the feeling he might upgrade pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. One of the second batch of promo shots earlier this year already had his brown armor with a broken gauntlet and already upgraded shoulder bell. The one where he’s taking cover.

Won't be devastated whichever version they decide to release, upgraded or pre-upgraded. Would slightly favour the pre-upgraded. Hopefully they make both or, even better, a deluxe version including both armour choices. No doubt we'll get a new version of him for every season.

Hopefully they make both or, even better, a deluxe version including both armour choices.

They'll probably release both separately, then 6 months later the deluxe including both armour choices.....

but seriously I hope they don't Iron Man it. That could get very tiring from a collecting viewpoint.

Did HT confirm they'll do Mandalorian figures?

I can?t recall any specific confirmation, but I think Jack Bauer May have alluded to it. Also JC Hong loves Mandos, even Holiday Special Fett got made, and Lucasfilm seems to be pushing Triple Force Friday a lot. So I?d say the chances are pretty good. The marketing push seems to mirror TFA?s marketing, and HT had put up stormies and Kylo on the Force Friday for that.
BUT HT seems to do their own thing and have neglected other significant Star Wars events this year so who knows.
Fingers crossed cause I?m going to NEED a Mando with both armors and IG-11.

So their going to push Mando and a month later push TROS? Way too much.

I'm guessing at best HT reveals the Mandalorian figure, then moves on to TROS which won't be in theaters long so they'll have to reveal what the can fairly quickly between November and February.

I'm guessing at best HT reveals the Mandalorian figure, then moves on to TROS which won't be in theaters long so they'll have to reveal what the can fairly quickly between November and February.

That?s what Triple Force Friday is- pushing all 3 major Star Wars projects in the next few months.

This is StarWars we're talking about, even though lately the brand has been heavily contaminated, but the flame of passion hasnt quite completely extinguished from the true fans.

Not sure about other characters, but Im 100% positive the main protagonist of The Mandalorian definitely getting Hot Toys figure treatment.

If the show is good I might buy the main Mandalorian guy. And only the rough looking version, not the shiny silver clone of Jango. Probably no other characters unless the show is shockingly good.

I'm 99% sure I'm not buying stuff from TROS either. Perhaps now that Feige is lurking around they will let go of Kennedy and that idiotic unbelievably still-rumored Johnson trilogy along with her. Then maybe I'll be interested in new Star Wars content again.

They balanced out Captain Marvel, Endgame, and Far From Home all within a few months of each other. I don?t see why they couldn?t for this show and TROS. Mando?s two costumes at the bare minimum, if I had to wager.

And while not an actual confirmation, I don?t recall ever seeing them post about something they don?t eventually end up making.

632751BA-A09E-45E1-B9F9-1B94FB38CAB5.jpeg

Last edited:

They balanced out Captain Marvel, Endgame, and Far From Home all within a few months of each other. I don?t see why they couldn?t for this show and TROS. Mando?s two costumes at the bare minimum, if I had to wager.

And while not an actual confirmation, I don?t recall ever seeing them post about something they don?t eventually end up making.

View attachment 467235

They posted about Alien Covenant and never released anything. But I think they were planning to at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back