Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

They posted about Alien Covenant and never released anything. But I think they were planning to at that point.

Alien is not Star Wars. They?re definitely making a Mandalorian at a minimum (in my opinion.)

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Alien is not Star Wars. They?re definitely making a Mandalorian at a minimum (in my opinion.)

I agree, but the question was if they ever posted about something they didn?t end up making.

I agree, but the question was if they ever posted about something they didn?t end up making.

We both are just being pedantic lol.
I?m excited for HT?s showing.
Does anyone hope/think they?ll do a deluxe with the additional armor?

So their going to push Mando and a month later push TROS? Way too much.

I'm guessing at best HT reveals the Mandalorian figure, then moves on to TROS which won't be in theaters long so they'll have to reveal what the can fairly quickly between November and February.

It's a shame really that they're so close to each other. The Mandalorian will inevitably miss out in merchandising to Episode IX, as the latter costs more and therefore needs to make more $$$, to qualify KK's ST as a financial success, if nothing else. Even though any Mandalorian figures will likely sell out long before the ST figures do. We should still get a few Mandalorian figures between now and season 2. The second season will have no competition as far a movie's concerned.

Have they produced a figure from a tv show before? VGM for videogames, MMS is for movies, will they be T.. something?

We both are just being pedantic lol.
I?m excited for HT?s showing.
Does anyone hope/think they?ll do a deluxe with the additional armor?

I hope so. That would be really nice to be able to swap the armour out as you like. And they are only small panels of armour. How was it with Boba Fett ? Did they have velcro for on body armour swap out pieces ?

But I know it's Hot Toys they will probably keep them separate.

I hope so. That would be really nice to be able to swap the armour out as you like. And they are only small panels of armour. How was it with Boba Fett ? Did they have velcro for on body armour swap out pieces ?

But I know it's Hot Toys they will probably keep them separate.

Also there might be other differences? Like the flight suit underneath? Otherwise we might get a normal version with just the chrome armor and one also containing the brown.

Also there might be other differences? Like the flight suit underneath? Otherwise we might get a normal version with just the chrome armor and one also containing the brown.

Our only hope MAYBE is that they don't know how successful it will be and decide to keep both looks in one figure. But I know that's a stretch. Chances are they do the earth tone this season, and release a different on next season.

Nothing too amazing but one more poster

5c6c3e681c2eb03e3cf0e0d9034a534e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there are two sort of looks for the Mandalorian?

I really hope HT makes it an all in one or maybe a deluxe version since it seems just a matter of swapping out a couple of chest pieces.

That poster is screensaver material.

Isn't it great that this is only 6 weeks away and we still don't know much about it, bar the basic concept. They've managed to keep an air of mystery around the series, unlike Episode IX. Really hoping there won't be any significant leaks coming in the next few weeks.

That poster is screensaver material.

Isn't it great that this is only 6 weeks away and we still don't know much about it, bar the basic concept. They've managed to keep an air of mystery around the series, unlike Episode IX. Really hoping there won't be any significant leaks coming in the next few weeks.

Totally, that's the way I like it going in. Hope there isn't another trailer either. It's going to b a great couple of months of discussions and analysis episode by episode. Am so glad they went for the week by week approach. So much more enjoyable. Then watch it all again as a binge later when they are all out.

I just watched Revenge of the Sith today. Totally forgot that scene with Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end where Yoda tells him they will be conversing about training for the transition to force ghost when they die. So that's a given that Yoda, and probably Qui-Got will turn up in the Obi-Wan series.

Not sure if it'll be internet online learning or how. They probably only get 3G reception on Tatooine :lol

I just watched Revenge of the Sith today. Totally forgot that scene with Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end where Yoda tells him they will be conversing about training for the transition to force ghost when they die. So that's a given that Yoda, and probably Qui-Got will turn up in the Obi-Wan series.

Not sure if it'll be internet online learning or how. They probably only get 3G reception on Tatooine :lol

Did you know that ROTS was originally supposed to be 4 hours long, but they cut it down for theatrical release? There was a deleted scene that put that whole Qui-Gon scene in context, and gave it more weight. They also had a scene with Grievous impaling Shaak Ti with her own lightsaber. Would definitely be up for an extended cut of the film some day, with the best deleted/unfinished scenes put back in.

Qui-Gon is essential for 'Kenobi'. Slightly concerned about the choice of writer/showrunner, especially when you look at his writing credits outside of the excellent Drive. A little less concerned about the director. They really should've had someone close to the prequels involved, ie. Filoni. Ewan McGregor will probably have some say on the direction of the character, I suppose. Just like Mark Hamill did with Luke in The Last Jedi... oh, wait a minute. I hope this isn't another KK ****-up.

Here's a very crude cut of the Yoda/Qui-Gon scene. There are several cool mock-ups of the scene on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMhrBL2phA

So there are two sort of looks for the Mandalorian?

I really hope HT makes it an all in one or maybe a deluxe version since it seems just a matter of swapping out a couple of chest pieces.

He upgrades throughout the show but I?d prefer there to just be separate releases between the two. His flightsuit and stuff looks so much more newer than when he?s in his brown armor and I want him to look as accurate as possible.

Plus, being a deluxe means I?ll just be paying premium prices for a lot of pieces that?ll stay in the box. Especially since I?m definitely going to have each costume displayed.

Did you know that ROTS was originally supposed to be 4 hours long, but they cut it down for theatrical release? There was a deleted scene that put that whole Qui-Gon scene in context, and gave it more weight. They also had a scene with Grievous impaling Shaak Ti with her own lightsaber. Would definitely be up for an extended cut of the film some day, with the best deleted/unfinished scenes put back in.

Qui-Gon is essential for 'Kenobi'. Slightly concerned about the choice of writer/showrunner, especially when you look at his writing credits outside of the excellent Drive. A little less concerned about the director. They really should've had someone close to the prequels involved, ie. Filoni. Ewan McGregor will probably have some say on the direction of the character, I suppose. Just like Mark Hamill did with Luke in The Last Jedi... oh, wait a minute. I hope this isn't another KK ****-up.

Here's a very crude cut of the Yoda/Qui-Gon scene. There are several cool mock-ups of the scene on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMhrBL2phA

No I didn't know that, I'm not the biggest prequelist, but I'd like to see that for sure.

I just had a look at the Deborah Chow (director) article. Says all scripts are done, so too late now to do anything about it now :lol

No, but considering it was all written and ready for a movie (or trilogy) then I guess it must have got the going over again to flesh it out for the longer runtime in TV format. So the optimist in me says they can now do like you've mentioned for ROTS, and do all the extra bits which normally get cut out in a standard length movie.

The other bit in the article says "We really wanted to select a director who is able to explore both the quiet determination and rich mystique of Obi-Wan", so even though coming from KK that hopefully means there will be more character drama, mixed also with some action etc also. But like in those comics, simply coming to grips with an undercover existence, not being able to use the force etc would be interesting.

But I doubt he'll stay on Tatooine the whole time. I don't think they'll be able to resist going to Dagobah again. It's too juicy I think. Would be perfect for a force ghost Qui-Got scene too. Plenty of logs to sit on :lol

*bump*

This'll get tasty today.

Oooh....
(Nycc)
d1bfafdf125fa9c68ec16236f6bca21c.jpg
a7b01c6126b29c4be42e0edbc0b18ddb.jpg
3b6b29614dc7cfc002cd56e5c00f3a8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dang. I?m gonna want these....until the prices are revealed.[emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back