Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

The Mandalorian is getting close people. I know this sums it up for me......

255194228e21165e4a938488ca8700f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

The Mandalorian is getting close people. I know this sums it up for me......

255194228e21165e4a938488ca8700f3.jpg

I dont get it, i see only 2 males in that pic. Whats the other one look like?

:dunno

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Exactly, but haters are going to be haters.....until they see this show. I just ignore them.

The potential for this is so big. First rate directors, $10M/episode budget, Filoni involved, Rogue One cinematographer, the time period (post Jedi).

Just the fact that it's TV and 8-10 hours in total. That's more than a movie trilogy, which is why character development can be far better for TV series.

All of the people involved are the typical Hollywood idiots so don't expect them to not follow the stupid Hollywood rules. Expect a boring romantic sub plot that makes you wish for a fast forward button e.t.c. I will watch it whenever someone upload it somewhere later but I certainly won't be paying for it. I am only looking forward to seeing the figures.

Damn I think I'd think twice before taking on Gina in a dark alley :lol

IMG_8658.jpg

Wonder if we'll get a Carl Weathers or a Moff Gideon Hot Toy. I'd tip Gideon and a Death Trooper.

Wonder if we'll get a Carl Weathers or a Moff Gideon Hot Toy. I'd tip Gideon and a Death Trooper.

Give me Giedon all day. I wanna have the trio of Tarkin, Krennic, and Gideon on a shelf.

Plus, from collecting Predator figures since forever, I've heard numerous times that Carl Weathers is a stickler for signing off on his likeness. Hence, we never got anyone but Arnold and "Billy" from Hot Toys Predator line, and neither did Neca although they were able to do Apollo Creed somehow but that's more of an anomoly:lol But money always talks, so I won't say we'll never get him either.

Give me Giedon all day. I wanna have the trio of Tarkin, Krennic, and Gideon on a shelf.

Plus, from collecting Predator figures since forever, I've heard numerous times that Carl Weathers is a stickler for signing off on his likeness. Hence, we never got anyone but Arnold and "Billy" from Hot Toys Predator line, and neither did Neca although they were able to do Apollo Creed somehow but that's more of an anomoly:lol But money always talks, so I won't say we'll never get him either.

OK that's interesting about Weathers. But yeah I'd prefer a Gideon as well.

I guess there is a decent chance for Gina's character as well. Although I would also hope we see a familiar OT alien of some sort too, other than the Jawa.

From what we've seen so far:

Cara Dune > Moff Gideon > Incinerator Trooper > the rest

However, there'll be so so many cool looking characters we haven't even had a glimpse of yet. Really hoping we get a Hot Toys Zuckuss out of this series.

From what we've seen so far:

Cara Dune > Moff Gideon > Incinerator Trooper > the rest

However, there'll be so so many cool looking characters we haven't even had a glimpse of yet. Really hoping we get a Hot Toys Zuckuss out of this series.

Don't be surprised if you get 4-Lon and Suckuzz instead.

Don't be surprised if you get 4-Lon and Suckuzz instead.

haha I see where you're going with that, but it was ''confirmed'' by MakingStarWars that Zuckuss and Bossk were going to be in the show. Then again they also ''confirmed'' IG-88 was in it, so you're probably closer to the truth than they are.

It will be legendary. That first trailer will be legendary. Seeing him back with the beard...

It will be legendary. That first trailer will be legendary. Seeing him back with the beard...

Yeah no doubt. But seems they'll be keeping the story pretty tight. I guess they didn't decide to get creative and expand too much on what they had planned for the movie.

These TV series are so perplexing. On one hand they are way longer than a movie which you would think is good. But on the other when I consider Breaking Bad or other TV series say it seems they need a decent amount of time to get anywhere.

I guess it's about how compact the story line is.

Am sure it'll be more of him coming to grips with living in exile and watching out for Luke without being spotted as a Jedi. Oh and the training with Qui-Gon to be able to transcend to force ghost.

Can't see him going on too many swash buckling adventures off planet. Maybe to Dagobah or to Bail Organa.

But that's ok actually. Maybe they'll keep it open to expand on it if ratings are through the roof.

Then again 6 hours is about the same time as a whole trilogy of movies. This Kenobi story was originally supposed to be a stand alone movie, wasn?t it? Which suggests they had a very specific story in mind. Keep that story and pad it out a bit and 6 hours is probably just about right.

Solo might also have been a miniseries. And instead of it, anthology series might have focused on new one-off characters like RO.

Solo might also have been a miniseries. And instead of it, anthology series might have focused on new one-off characters like RO.

I still think it will. Doing a Crimson Dawn spin off with Maul and Qira would be easy. Emilia Clark has more than enough big budget TV experience. Perhaps as a parallel story Enfys Nest and the beginning of the rebellion could also play into that Maul/Crimson Dawn story too.

Even a show with further adventures of Han/Chewie and Lando could work.......although I have a feeling the fans who can only accept Harrison Ford as Han wouldn't like that.

I think it?s really good keeping the Obi Wan series to only six hours. It?s a character we don?t want to get washed out even more. Kenobi going on this and that forced adventure, saving this and that. Looking forward to six hours of meaningful content!

For the same reasons it?s good that The Mandalorian is a new character - not Boba Fett.

I think it?s really good keeping the Obi Wan series to only six hours. It?s a character we don?t want to get washed out even more. Kenobi going on this and that forced adventure, saving this and that. Looking forward to six hours of meaningful content!

For the same reasons it?s good that The Mandalorian is a new character - not Boba Fett.

I agree about Kenobi being washed out even more, he's gotten SO MUCH stories between the PT and OT's, plus Clone Wars and even Rebels. I feel like there's only so little you can tell that won't feel shoe-horned because we already know his fate and what will happen in the future. Is he gonna secretly stop the Empire from building another super secret weapon that will not have been mentioned in the OT/Sequel Trilogy?

Whereas Boba's canon now really only has AOTC, a couple Clone Wars Episodes, and his 2 minutes of screentime in the OT. Other than that, he's a blank slate that they can tell an unlimited number of stories with. And it's pretty obvious the Mandalorian is getting all the hype because that's what people have been wanting Boba Fett to see for 40 years. Color his armor green and it changes nothing from everything they've told and shown us from the show. With that said, I've always said I really don't care if he's Boba Fett or not, my original observation was just how your two replies just seemed to contradict each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back