Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I agree about Kenobi being washed out even more, he's gotten SO MUCH stories between the PT and OT's, plus Clone Wars and even Rebels. I feel like there's only so little you can tell that won't feel shoe-horned because we already know his fate and what will happen in the future. Is he gonna secretly stop the Empire from building another super secret weapon that will not have been mentioned in the OT/Sequel Trilogy?

Whereas Boba's canon now really only has AOTC, a couple Clone Wars Episodes, and his 2 minutes of screentime in the OT. Other than that, he's a blank slate that they can tell an unlimited number of stories with. And it's pretty obvious the Mandalorian is getting all the hype because that's what people have been wanting Boba Fett to see for 40 years. Color his armor green and it changes nothing from everything they've told and shown us from the show. With that said, I've always said I really don't care if he's Boba Fett or not, my original observation was just how your two replies just seemed to contradict each other.

I see what you mean. But with Boba my reason is different - and I should have elaborated on that. His status is iconic and the mystery is a big part of that. I think it would be a big risk giving him an open ended series where this mystery would be washed out. A six hours Boba series on the other hand would probably be a good idea.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I see what you mean. But with Boba my reason is different - and I should have elaborated on that. His status is iconic and the mystery is a big part of that. I think it would be a big risk giving him an open ended series where this mystery would be washed out. A six hours Boba series on the other hand would probably be a good idea.

You have to remember that the selling point with this Mandalorian show is that he's mysterious Bounty Hunter. Hell, they don't even wanna tell us his name yet. I'm really surprised that with as big as Disney is on branding characters, they've been able to keep this one a secret so far.

As far as his mystery, I think it could be done. Back when a Boba Fett movie was still being heavily rumored, I always said they should just take the 2012 Dredd approach where you find out WHY he's the bad ass by following him on a mission or something. No sappy love story, no having to delve into the characters history so viewers can "connect", just 2 hours of someone who's badass, being a badass. I even applaud them for not forcing Dredd any stupid reason to remove his helmet. I hate that trope in movies. But yeah, they were able to build on Dredd's character without the cost of giving away his mystery and that's 100% how a Boba Fett movie should be handled.

You have to remember that the selling point with this Mandalorian show is that he's mysterious Bounty Hunter. Hell, they don't even wanna tell us his name yet. I'm really surprised that with as big as Disney is on branding characters, they've been able to keep this one a secret so far.

As far as his mystery, I think it could be done. Back when a Boba Fett movie was still being heavily rumored, I always said they should just take the 2012 Dredd approach where you find out WHY he's the bad ass by following him on a mission or something. No sappy love story, no having to delve into the characters history so viewers can "connect", just 2 hours of someone who's badass, being a badass. I even applaud them for not forcing Dredd any stupid reason to remove his helmet. I hate that trope in movies. But yeah, they were able to build on Dredd's character without the cost of giving away his mystery and that's 100% how a Boba Fett movie should be handled.

But I did say that I?d like to see a limited series/a movie with Boba.
Yes, the Mandalorian is mysterious right now, but wait till season 3 when he?s falling in love for the second or third time ;-) ...then not so much. I prefer it being a new character.

Damn I don't know. That all silver armour just suddenly looked pretty damn good.

Bring on all the other characters too Hot Toys !!! I want a HT Nick Nolte Ugnaught !!

Also love the custom gun Gina has. Looks like part of the double magazine RT-97C Heavy Blaster Rifle one of the Sandtroopers used.

IMG_8691.jpg

IMG_8692.jpg

IMG_8693.jpg

IMG_8694.jpg

IMG_8695.jpg

That chrome armor looks so damn good there. No way the season ends without him adding colors to it:lol

That chrome armor looks so damn good there. No way the season ends without him adding colors to it:lol

Yeah. Hot Toys are rubbing their hands together already I think.

As normal season 2 with headsculpt and be armour I'm guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New trailer tonight !!
a4809f4f3e0e876f6a6437199f53c8c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’m not sure which way they are going with the 2 versions of armor chromed 1st or painted 1st? The chrome looks like its an upgrade from the painted version with the modified chest armor, matching shoulder armor and gauntlet upgrade but that could be how he starts out and maybe it gets damaged during a battle and he changes it. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

I’m not sure which way they are going with the 2 versions of armor chromed 1st or painted 1st? The chrome looks like its an upgrade from the painted version with the modified chest armor, matching shoulder armor and gauntlet upgrade but that could be how he starts out and maybe it gets damaged during a battle and he changes it. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

According to the panel, the chrome one is the fully upgraded "Beskar" armor. We apparently see him upgrade to that from the first earthtone armor throughout the show. You can see he already has the chrome shoulder here and damaged gauntlet.

the-mandalorian-star-wars-lucasfilm.jpg

Your right I forgot about that. It’s a major part of the storyline.

Damn, I thought I'd be content with his original armor, but the chrome version just looks way too cool in that poster.

Damn, I thought I'd be content with his original armor, but the chrome version just looks way too cool in that poster.

Haha yeah you're not the only one.

Maybe Hot Toys will release small cheap upgrade panels.......yeah right :lol

Haha yeah you're not the only one.

Maybe Hot Toys will release small cheap upgrade panels.......yeah right :lol

That’ll just make you wanna buy the full figure to display them both anyway:lol

The new trailer for The Mandalorian is sick

Yup this is an part of the Star Wars universe that is well overdue for exploration.

The new trailer for The Mandalorian is sick

This is movie-quality stuff. It looks amazing. If this is what we?re getting from Star Wars TV then we?re in for a hell of a few years despite no movies.

Hmmm I do like all of that chrome. Will have to wait and see what HT does. I do really like the one with the brown armor panels. Looks more rugged

This is movie-quality stuff. It looks amazing. If this is what we?re getting from Star Wars TV then we?re in for a hell of a few years despite no movies.

Yep. Realized this back when Daredevil season 1 released, and the cast said the same thing. TV series' (with film-level production and budget) allow for vast amounts of character development and potential world building. Have expected the same for Disney+ Marvel Studios and Star Wars shows ever since they were announced.

Couldnt care less about shiny-chrome armor or what... RO Vader all over again *but I love that shiny RO Vader

Hmmm I do like all of that chrome. Will have to wait and see what HT does. I do really like the one with the brown armor panels. Looks more rugged

For anybody hoping for a deluxe figure with simple armor swap between the brown and eventual chrome armor, even the vest and suit are totally different so I dont think thats a viable possibility. Its probably easier for Hot Toys to just release it with a Pedro headsculpt if he really does take off his helmet like the trailer teases.

D077FA58-553E-4BCB-BB31-305DCCB88B87.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back