Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I'm really digging the chrome armor, that upgraded chest place looks sick. I hope HT makes a second Mando cause I already want it lol. Also I'd buy a full set of that armor in 1:1 in a heartbeat.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

For anybody hoping for a deluxe figure with simple armor swap between the brown and eventual chrome armor, even the vest and suit are totally different so I dont think thats a viable possibility. Its probably easier for Hot Toys to just release it with a Pedro headsculpt if he really does take off his helmet like the trailer teases.

View attachment 469479

Man, just thinking outside of the box. The rational assumption, as well as the logical answer for that speculation question would be:

Why would they even bother casting Pedrio from the first place if The Mandalorian not going to unmask himself at some points in the series ?

Man, just thinking outside of the box. The rational assumption, as well as the logical answer for that speculation question would be:

Why would they even bother casting Pedrio from the first place if The Mandalorian not going to unmask himself at some points in the series ?

We do get a hint in the new trailer that his love interest removes his helmet. [emoji12]

I'm loving seeing those Super Battle Droids, and the droid gunship.
Perhaps a flashback to the end of the Clone Wars, when he was a child?

Good call. I initially thought they were single old repurposed droids. But the family etc probably points to his past. Plus it's a pretty safe thing to put in a trailer also as a misdirect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call. I initially thought they were single old repurposed droids. But the family etc probably points to his past. Plus it's a pretty safe thing to put in a trailer also as a misdirect.

Yeah, it’d have to be or Pedro’s playing 60+ year old Bounty Hunter.

Yeah, it?d have to be or Pedro?s playing 60+ year old Bounty Hunter.

How do you get 60 years between the tail end of the clone wars and the end of return of the Jedi?!?
If the series is set five years post-ROTJ, it?s no more than 27 years after the Clone Wars ended, surely?
Luke and Leia were born the day after the war ended and were 19 when A New Hope came around and about 22 by the end of ROTJ.
So it hasn?t been 60 years since the clone wars. Less than 30. Allowing for a flashback to when he was younger.

How do you get 60 years between the tail end of the clone wars and the end of return of the Jedi?!?
If the series is set five years post-ROTJ, it?s no more than 27 years after the Clone Wars ended, surely?
Luke and Leia were born the day after the war ended and were 19 when A New Hope came around and about 22 by the end of ROTJ.
So it hasn?t been 60 years since the clone wars. Less than 30. Allowing for a flashback to when he was younger.

Yeah, you're right. It's the end of ROTJ, I was thinking of TLJ. Disregard what I said and carry on.

Timeline definitely lines up with him being Boba Fett. Confirmed!

Yeah, you're right. It's the end of ROTJ, I was thinking of TLJ. Disregard what I said and carry on.

Timeline definitely lines up with him being Boba Fett. Confirmed!

No worries.
It’s all good.
I, for one am glad to have Star Wars to be excited about again!!!

Man... now I want all those Carbonite bounties as a background for the future display!

Man... now I want all those Carbonite bounties as a background for the future display!

It’s a bit hard to tell(and I have still framed through the entire trailer several times), as to whether those blocks are the “Sideshow style” rectangular blocks, or the “ESB & ROTJ” style blocks with a taper. If someone were to offer generic “dudes in carbonite”, would the tapered blocks be preferred, or the boxy ones?

With regards to what looks to be a flashback scene, how cool would it be to see the very first scene as the Siege of Mandalore with a quick live action Ahsoka Tano cameo. Filoni's directing the first episode after all.

With regards to what looks to be a flashback scene, how cool would it be to see the very first scene as the Siege of Mandalore with a quick live action Ahsoka Tano cameo. Filoni's directing the first episode after all.

Not a bad idea, but don't think even Filoni would want to steal the thunder from the Mandalorian in the first couple of episodes. But I guess if she was briefly in the distance somewhere or whatever it would get fans talking a lot.

Speaking of fan comments, seem they don't care too much for the line at the end the Mandalorian delivers.... check out the comments for the trailer. Pretty funny :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs&list=PL148kCvXk8pCIP4ENUF3tSIG_SmVNxBU7&index=3&t=0s

It?s a bit hard to tell(and I have still framed through the entire trailer several times), as to whether those blocks are the ?Sideshow style? rectangular blocks, or the ?ESB & ROTJ? style blocks with a taper. If someone were to offer generic ?dudes in carbonite?, would the tapered blocks be preferred, or the boxy ones?

They appear to be the boxy or ESB but it?s hard to tell. Also the blinking display is on the opposite side.

You have to remember that the selling point with this Mandalorian show is that he's mysterious Bounty Hunter. Hell, they don't even wanna tell us his name yet. I'm really surprised that with as big as Disney is on branding characters, they've been able to keep this one a secret so far.

As far as his mystery, I think it could be done. Back when a Boba Fett movie was still being heavily rumored, I always said they should just take the 2012 Dredd approach where you find out WHY he's the bad ass by following him on a mission or something. No sappy love story, no having to delve into the characters history so viewers can "connect", just 2 hours of someone who's badass, being a badass. I even applaud them for not forcing Dredd any stupid reason to remove his helmet. I hate that trope in movies. But yeah, they were able to build on Dredd's character without the cost of giving away his mystery and that's 100% how a Boba Fett movie should be handled.

Sappy love story is mandatory. You didn't see the woman removing his helmet in the latest traile?.

Sappy love story is mandatory. You didn't see the woman removing his helmet in the latest traile?.

Did you just pick out that sentence and ignored the entire context around it? I was referencing to what the Dredd movie did good:lol

Of course anything Disney will include a love story.

Not a bad idea, but don't think even Filoni would want to steal the thunder from the Mandalorian in the first couple of episodes. But I guess if she was briefly in the distance somewhere or whatever it would get fans talking a lot.

Speaking of fan comments, seem they don't care too much for the line at the end the Mandalorian delivers.... check out the comments for the trailer. Pretty funny :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs&list=PL148kCvXk8pCIP4ENUF3tSIG_SmVNxBU7&index=3&t=0s

I'll settle for Grievous and his battle droids instead :yess:

The ''waiting for you'' line? Why are people getting hot under the collar about that? I don't think it's implying a love story at all. That scene with Pocahontas taking off his helmet is giving us a tease that we'll see his face is all. Then again it's not beyond reason that the guy might be married and doing the bounty hunting to help his family survive or something. That doesn't mean it'll be a sappy love story, even people in the SW universe must get laid occasionally.

Does anyone reckon we'll get another Mandalorian figure in the next couple of weeks, or is it full on Episode IX now?

Does anyone reckon we'll get another Mandalorian figure in the next couple of weeks, or is it full on Episode IX now?

I could see Chrome Mando around the time of the finale in late Dec or early Jan. I’d assume they wanna strike while the iron’s hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back