Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Fraser shot Rogue One and is doing The Batman.

Rogue One is gorgeous. The best cinematography in a SW movie? His work on Zero Dark Thirty and Let Me In was also top notch. He's also doing Villeneuve's Dune I believe. Very cool that he's doing Batman.

Here's an article on Goransson and his work on The Mandalorian.

https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/s...ds-black-panther-disney-star-wars-mandalorian

''I wanted to get back to that nostalgic childhood memory I had watching Star Wars and the excitement of seeing these kind of really amazing visuals and with music that sounds like it's coming from other planets, Goransson said, adding that he wanted to explore using organic instruments such as guitars and pianos in ways audiences haven't heard before.''

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

This list really has me intrigued.

mandalorian characters.jpg

Who is Q9-Zero ? Obviously a droid, but we haven't seen any on trailers yet right. Other than IG-11 of course.

Also interesting that they always refer to them as "Offworld Jawas". Wonder what that means ? Simply that they are off Tatooine ?

I have a decent idea who the first one could be.

This is how it should be done. Give out enough to tease us and get us excited, but not enough to give us more than enough surprises.

Perfect Mr Faverau & Filoni !

This list really has me intrigued.

Who is Q9-Zero ?

Some people seem to think it's this droid...

Droid.jpg

...that Makingstarwars claimed to have seen on set. I take no credit for that drawing, thankfully.

EDIT: That was supposed to be in spoiler tags, but I can't find the option.

I have a feeling it?s that big-eyed droid they showed piloting the Razor Crest in the Celebration footage. Awesome design.

Some people seem to think it's this droid...

View attachment 469975

...that Makingstarwars claimed to have seen on set. I take no credit for that drawing, thankfully.

EDIT: That was supposed to be in spoiler tags, but I can't find the option.

I have a feeling it?s that big-eyed droid they showed piloting the Razor Crest in the Celebration footage. Awesome design.

I hope DR37 is right. That R2 with legs and arms looks pretty silly imo. If I recall the droid in that short was a bit like the RA-7 droid you're upgrading in your thread right ?

Totally agree, I'd rather it be the one DR37 said. I think the Q9 series are Astromech droids though.

Why would you bother making an R2 like that when there seems to be an endless line of droids in the Star Wars universe to choose from?

Why would you bother making an R2 like that when there seems to be an endless line of droids in the Star Wars universe to choose from?

Maybe Maul and R2-D2 were a little closer than we all realised. It looks like the result of a drunken night of passion.

I hope DR37 is right. That R2 with legs and arms looks pretty silly imo. If I recall the droid in that short was a bit like the RA-7 droid you're upgrading in your thread right ?

Yeah. He resembled a lighter rust colored 4-Lom with an RA-7 styled head. Looked even more bug-like. It ran for a while but seems like Disney finally pulled that footage. I can?t find it anymore :gah:

Maybe Maul and R2-D2 were a little closer than we all realised. It looks like the result of a drunken night of passion.

Haha :lol

Also interesting that they always refer to them as "Offworld Jawas". Wonder what that means ? Simply that they are off Tatooine ?

I have my fingers crossed that the tattooine Jawas wear that cloak for protection on Tattooine, and an “off world Jawa” might be unrobed. At least enough for us to get a canon face for them...

This makes me very envious of anyone with a Sideshow Dewback.

The show is going to be so easter egg heavy that it's a good thing it's weekly, so we have time to digest them all. You can tell it's been made by someone who has a deep love for all things Star Wars, and not only the films. There's absolutely no bs from Favreau, unlike some of the recent directors who've claimed to be massive SW fans (no names mentioned). This is exactly why Favreau should be involved in planning the future of Star Wars.

This makes me very envious of anyone with a Sideshow Dewback.

The show is going to be so easter egg heavy that it's a good thing it's weekly, so we have time to digest them all. You can tell it's been made by someone who has a deep love for all things Star Wars, and not only the films. There's absolutely no bs from Favreau, unlike some of the recent directors who've claimed to be massive SW fans (no names mentioned). This is exactly why Favreau should be involved in planning the future of Star Wars.

Don't forget Filoni. I'm sure a lot of this stuff also comes from him, and all the guys on the project who of course full out all the finer set details etc. They know what they're doing !

That short trailer was almost better than the second one ! I'm sure I'd seen a still of him on a Dewback in that leaked footage. Sideshow really need to pull out that mould again.

The only critique I had was for Nick Noltes character. I hope they get the "lip sync" a bit better. It was pretty average imo. Otherwise it was as epic as we've come to expect. This is going to be so good. And like you say Mr Trips, we'll need a week to watch multiple times in detail.

The Vanity Fair interview with Faverau and Bob Iger below was pretty amazing. Especially seeing these two talk together. Iger is so cool and relaxed. Faverau not so much :lol. But he did great.

Gotta say that presenters legs did distract me a lot though ! :lol Damn !

Here's the link to the interview

https://video.vanityfair.com/watch/...-talk-the-mandalorian-disney-and-george-lucas

A new teaser trailer...

[video]https://video.vanityfair.com/watch/ming-na-s-star-wars-assassin-revealed-in-new-trailer-for-the-mandalorian/[/video]

and the intro of a new character, played by Ming-Na Wen.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/11/ming-na-wen-the-mandalorian-star-wars-fennec-shand

View attachment 470039View attachment 470040View attachment 470041

Scout trooper is coming brother, scout trooper is coming.... and so will the speeder bike.

Scout trooper is coming brother, scout trooper is coming.... and so will the speeder bike.

It's all coming together....Disney must surely be telling Hot Toys to wait off on this, this and this figure.

Anyone else think its funny they don't seem to have referred to reference pics when dressing this guy? Knee pads upside down !! Lol
Regardless ..more i see ..more i love and feel this is gonna give most of us what we want [emoji4][emoji4]
Figure possibilities are endless !!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Don't forget Filoni. I'm sure a lot of this stuff also comes from him, and all the guys on the project who of course full out all the finer set details etc. They know what they're doing !

That short trailer was almost better than the second one ! I'm sure I'd seen a still of him on a Dewback in that leaked footage. Sideshow really need to pull out that mould again.

The only critique I had was for Nick Noltes character. I hope they get the "lip sync" a bit better. It was pretty average imo. Otherwise it was as epic as we've come to expect. This is going to be so good. And like you say Mr Trips, we'll need a week to watch multiple times in detail.

The Vanity Fair interview with Faverau and Bob Iger below was pretty amazing. Especially seeing these two talk together. Iger is so cool and relaxed. Faverau not so much :lol. But he did great.

Gotta say that presenters legs did distract me a lot though ! :lol Damn !

Here's the link to the interview

https://video.vanityfair.com/watch/...-talk-the-mandalorian-disney-and-george-lucas

She does indeed have a fine set of stumps. Although I was a little distracted by Favreau's halo to notice. There's something very likeable and sincere about Bob Iger, in spite of him being a Disney billionaire.

Had a quick look at eBay and the cheapest Dewback I could find is ?1,600 plus ?180 shipping. I know what I'm asking Santa for this year.

Touch wood. The Scout Trooper and Vader are the two most essential figures we're missing from ROTJ imo. I'd even forego Endor Han, Ackbar and Jabba to get those two. It's great to see The Mandalorian is taking characters from ROTJ, as it gives that feeling of continuity. Now all we need is a few badass Ewoks. I'm going to open a can of worms here and guess we'll get an Ewok bounty hunter at some stage in this show.

Now all we need is a few badass Ewoks. I'm going to open a can of worms here and guess we'll get an Ewok bounty hunter at some stage in this show.

Nah I'd be totally in for an Ewok bounty Hunter. Might need some sort of mechanical implants to give him an edge though [emoji2].

Even a drunk loser Ewok in a bar somewhere would be fine by me [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back