Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Looks like 4-LOM in the foreground at Dinjiren's feet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

That really does look like 4-Lom.

Count me in for a concept art book. I still need to pick one up for Rogue One.

From a profit-making point of view, Disney would be crazy not to merchandise the hell out of this series. I think we could see the opposite of what we've seen with the ST in terms of sales. This isn't intended as a criticism of the ST btw, only an observation. Merchandise, particularly toys, suffered a drop off in sales after the film releases, probably in-part fueled by the very mixed reception those films received. So far the response to The Mandalorian has been overwhelmingly positive and the hype is building, merchandise sales will likely increase after the conclusion of the first season. Baby Yoda merch alone would make a bucket load of $$$. Hot Toys will surely capitalise on that hype, and we could see a flurry of Mandalorian releases in 2020 as a result. Fingers crossed.

The interview sections of Filoni & Favreau point out exactly why The Mandalorian has been branded as SW savior, they both respect George Lucas and nurture an innate passion for this franchise, unlike those clowns that running the ST.

Are those official concept art or just fan art?

The interview sections of Filoni & Favreau point out exactly why The Mandalorian has been branded as SW savior, they both respect George Lucas and nurture an innate passion for this franchise, unlike those clowns that running the ST.

You can tell they conducted that interview at the end of a day's filming, Filoni sounds knackered.

Addressing your point, it always sends a shiver down my spine every time I hear these new directors saying something along the lines of ''The first movie I saw as a child was The Empire Strikes Back'' or ''I grew up with Star Wars''. When Filoni and Favreau say it it's believable. Their passion, love and respect of Star Wars oozes out onto the screen. It feels like it's made for love first and money second. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the think tank of Filoni and Favreau, along with Feige, should be put in charge of plotting the next ten+ years of Star Wars movies/tv series. I think these are the only guys capable of creating something that the majority of fans can unite together on.

Exactly. The proof is in the pudding.

You can tell they conducted that interview at the end of a day's filming, Filoni sounds knackered.

Addressing your point, it always sends a shiver down my spine every time I hear these new directors saying something along the lines of ''The first movie I saw as a child was The Empire Strikes Back'' or ''I grew up with Star Wars''. When Filoni and Favreau say it it's believable. Their passion, love and respect of Star Wars oozes out onto the screen. It feels like it's made for love first and money second. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the think tank of Filoni and Favreau, along with Feige, should be put in charge of plotting the next ten+ years of Star Wars movies/tv series. I think these are the only guys capable of creating something that the majority of fans can unite together on.

Abrams and Johnson split Han and Leia up and killed all 3 of them. I'll never forgive that.

Nice interview... and he has a name!

That was the first I?ve seen of it :D

Are those official concept art or just fan art?

Official concept art. From Faverau and Star Wars IG I think it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then we definitely need Art of...

Really want a 1:6 scale Child figure. Will settle for just articulated shoulders and elbows.

Yup, same as Gareth Edwards /Rouge One, could easily regconize these people share a mutual sense of love for StarWars just by looking at the way they're passionately explaning everything SW related.

For those who didnt know, John Favreau was invited by Dave Filoni to voice for one character in the Clone Wars animated series, Pre Vizsla - leader of the Mandalorian's terrorist organization called Death Watch, backed by Count Dooku to overthrow legitimate Mandalorian government.

60580-1532336916.jpg
PreVizslaNewArmor.jpg

This destined collboration between Favreau and Filoni and The Mandolarian as a result, obviously heavily inpsired by Favreau's initial role in the CW project long time ago.

Yup, same as Gareth Edwards /Rouge One, could easily regconize these people share a mutual sense of love for StarWars just by looking at the way they're passionately explaning everything SW related.

I'm not sure if you saw that Hollywood Reporter article earlier, but it looks like we're getting our wish with Favreau and Filoni being given creative control of the future of SW. Also, they say the next movie (2022) will be announced in January and it won't be the Rian Johnson project. It sounds like KK really is making plans to leave in 2021. Mind you she'll be 68 by then, so it may be her choice.

For anyone who hasn't seen episode 3, this *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Going off the first 3 episodes only my current wishlist for the show is:

1) Beskar Armour Mandalorian with Asset
2) Heavy Mando
3) The Armorer
4) Kuill
5) Greef Carga

I'd also love a Werner Herzog, but no way that'll happen.

For anyone who hasn't seen episode 3, this *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Going off the first 3 episodes only my current wishlist for the show is:

1) Beskar Armour Mandalorian with Asset
2) Heavy Mando
3) The Armorer
4) Kuill
5) Greef Carga

I'd also love a Werner Herzog, but no way that'll happen.

I'd so love Kuill.

If he makes it into onto the team as "Scotty" the tech maintenance man, and with his catch phrase he might even have a chance by Hot Toys I think.

I want a baby Yoda.
Seriously he is so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back