Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

From a business point of view they?ve really no reason to include the head sculpt in the Beskar release. The Child will be more than enough to make people double dip. Personally I think they?ll wait until the 3rd or 4th Dyn release to give us the head sculpt. I hope I?m wrong... I usually am :)

I actually don't want a headsculpt at this time.

What I do want is full beskar with the jetpack and the sigil on his pauldron: this is the way.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Yep I think you're right. I don't think they'll go to that effort to develop a headsculpt until he's had some serious screen time without the helmet.

Yeah, and I can see (coz heroes rise) that maybe in Mandalore culture the best are allowed to go helmet-less. Or something like that. So his people can see the Mandalore - read about that. Or he's in battle and helmet gets knocked off but he wins anyway:lsvader. Or maybe it's kinda pointless around baby since a powerful Force race can see thru helmets:dunno and baby Yoda has ALWAYS been able to see him (*tears*):cool:

Hopefully not for several seasons tho. So HT can get to work and do as good a job as they did with Shuri and IW Bucky and fans don't hafta go thru several versions before the sculpt is right. Cara Dune and Moff Gideon too.

*watches the Armorer absolutely DESTROY five Troopers singlehandedly*

Double-tap FTW

Yeah, me too. :)

Actually she didn't defeat them single handedly. The troopers were ordered to not fight back too hard by Darth Kennedy.

I actually don't want a headsculpt at this time.

What I do want is full beskar with the jetpack and the sigil on his pauldron: this is the way.

Yeah this is totally the way !! Just how I'd want him !

Hot Toys are probably cursin they threw in that Mudhorn signet in the last episode ! Still, it's a feature that's material off the tool should they have already started cutting tools :lol

I think it looks great !

Yeah this is totally the way !! Just how I'd want him !

Hot Toys are probably cursin they threw in that Mudhorn signet in the last episode ! Still, it's a feature that's material off the tool should they have already started cutting tools :lol

I think it looks great !

Me, I think HT has a complete overview of both this season and season 2, nothing has surprised them. This may be why we have not seen a real tease for the beskar armor, they didn't want to spoil the signet.

I am wondering if he's going to end up painting the armor, have to say if I were him, I'd paint it. If just to deflect some attention. The beskar is beautiful but very hey-look-at-me, which is maybe the last thing a bounty hunter needs? What do I know.

I'm thinkin' Death Watch blue. :rock

It seems HT are reluctant to spend on R&D for new HS lately. Especially if it's not Marvel related. Already 4 releases for The mandalorian and no human portrait. Same for TROS with three troopers and 2 "refreshed" sculpts for Kylo and Rey. As cool as IG-11 and Heavy Infantry Mando are, Cara Dune and Greef Karga are more prominent characters in the series. Hopefully, they get to offering both next year.

They must save SO much time in development and production by making figures without headsculpts. I honestly probably would not be very interested in 1/6 collecting at all if the heads weren't so amazing. I'd just stick to 1/12 scale.

Me, I think HT has a complete overview of both this season and season 2, nothing has surprised them. This may be why we have not seen a real tease for the beskar armor, they didn't want to spoil the signet.

I am wondering if he's going to end up painting the armor, have to say if I were him, I'd paint it. If just to deflect some attention. The beskar is beautiful but very hey-look-at-me, which is maybe the last thing a bounty hunter needs? What do I know.

I'm thinkin' Death Watch blue. :rock

Yeah you're probably right regarding giving HT an overview.....well at least some of it. i.e what Disney allows them to see.

Who knows, perhaps Disney even gives established high end partners like Hot Toys 3D asset data of stuff like the armour or CG characters like IG-11 say to ensure accuracy and speed to market. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case nowadays.

I guess he may colour the armour. Although I just watched the finale again, and he looks pretty damn cool in that final scene with jetpack, Beskar and signet. I think now he's seen some action, a full Beskar version by Hot Toys all weathered up will look great and not so shiny and new.

I don't know about anyone else, but I NEED this guy:
mandalorian-richard-ayoade-1.jpg

8335ac2e2216fa910646812d89d24d0a9e67391f.jpg

I don't care about anyone else in that lame crew, but this droid is a beauty.

The same droid, or at least the same type, was seen in the big Mandalorian vs Bounty Hunters showdown in ep 3. The antenna and bandolier are different so I'm assuming it's a different individual.
Screen-Shot-2019-11-24-at-10-23-13-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-11-24-at-10-21-13-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-11-24-at-10-21-26-PM.png

unnamed.jpg

Lol

I don't know about anyone else, but I NEED this guy:
mandalorian-richard-ayoade-1.jpg

8335ac2e2216fa910646812d89d24d0a9e67391f.jpg

I don't care about anyone else in that lame crew, but this droid is a beauty.

Agreed. It's a shame Sideshow isn't making SW figures anymore, because there are a ton of secondary characters like this that I think they'd be perfect for.

I just want Mando and the baby. Unmasked Pascal sculpt would be a bonus.

The show could pave the way for scout troopers. I hope they are rotj and not remnant, but I could see a 2 pack. Also, they have scouts in the fallen order game and we got that battlefront snowie. Scouts, Death Star trooper, rebel fleet trooper = $$$
Why doesn?t hot toys want my money?

The show could pave the way for scout troopers. I hope they are rotj and not remnant, but I could see a 2 pack. Also, they have scouts in the fallen order game and we got that battlefront snowie. Scouts, Death Star trooper, rebel fleet trooper = $$$
Why doesn?t hot toys want my money?

1. Faceless trooper
2. ROTJ + Mandalorian + Battlefront + Fallen Order

They will happen. Just not 100% sure on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the first season is done with it's time for a top 5 most wanted list. The Beskar Mandalorian is a given, so I'll exclude that one. I'll go with:

1) The Armourer
2) Moff Gideon
3) Cara Dune
4) Death Watch Mandalorian
5) Kuill with Blurgg

With Episode 6's Zero and the New Republic Security Droid being honorable mentions. Also, I'd rather have a ROTJ version of the Scout Trooper.

Now the first season is done with it's time for a top 5 most wanted list. The Beskar Mandalorian is a given, so I'll exclude that one. I'll go with:

1) The Armourer
2) Moff Gideon
3) Cara Dune
5) Kuill with Blurgg

With Episode 6's Zero and the New Republic Security Droid being honorable mentions. Also, I'd rather have a ROTJ version of the Scout Trooper.

My list would look like this;

1). Moff Gideon + with accessory
2). Kuill with Blurrg for sure !!
3). The Armourer (aka : Mama Mando)
4). Cara Dune
5). Greef Carga (who doesn't want a Carl Weathers Hot Toy ??)

I would also definitely buy a 1:1 Baby Yoda (still love my 1:1 Baby Groot)

I'd also love they did any one of the aliens or droids. In particular Zero.

I've already got the Sideshow Scout Trooper and bike, so I've got no real desire for a HT white variant. As for the figure there's no headsculpt there's not a huge amount they can improve on imo.

1) The Armourer
2) Moff Gideon
3) Cara Dune
5) Kuill with Blurgg

Main characters and variants for me. Aside from Beskar:

1) Opening Mando look (PO'd)
2) Baby
3) Cara Dune
4) IG-11
5) Heavy Infantry Mando

Bonus points for diorama stands with lots of heads, or a bit of the Jawa crawler as a background.

And I'd pick up the Stormtrooper flamethrower if I had funds - mainly luv the entire scene and IMO that color scheme on a shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back