Hot Toys DX 03 speculation...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys want you to guess what the DX03 is.

I know the Dlx version is supposed to be from a previous figure however, I hope the delay in Marvel trilogy figures is from the next being a Dlx (Spiderman, Wolverine etc). I would be happy and without care who it would be. :D

Can we merge these threads or something? 2 simultaneous conversations about the same thing? This is ridiculous. :lol

It didn't do well?! :Domestic Total Gross: $107,509,799 - Worldwide: $185,253,487

This is the problem when people try to apply their personal opinions to facts. :lol The film did plenty well enough. I'd say it not only did well enough, especially given the character in question, to justify a DX. Considering the graphic novel was on the New York Times' Best Sellers list, I'd say plenty of people knew about it both before and moreso after.

Sorry, I meant ratings.

There are many novels on the NY Times Best Sellers, but it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone and their grandmother knows about it. It's more likely that someone knows a character like Batman or Rambo than The Comedian.

But I suppose since they (Hot Toys) are targeting a more specified group, he would be more recognizable.

DX and MMS are 2 different line, check out HT website.

The Name of the line is MMS DX (Movie Masterpiece Series Deluxe), not M Icon Deluxe, so unless they surprise you with "This is it" MJ, I don't see it happening.

Proof from DX Joker's page:
PERS is a brand new technique applies to Hot Toys MMSDX figurines, special features include: - Unique designed eyeballs with colored Translucent Iris- Simultaneous Positionable Eyeball Function - Work in all direction, as natural as human eyes++
Artist:
Sculpt by YULLI
Paint by JC Hong
Costume by HARUE Creative(Hai Lim)

this is the man .........Chazz Michael Michaels.

bladescomment1.jpg

I think it actually will be MJ. They have never called it 'M-IconDX' cause they haven't made one yet. But he is the most qualified for a DX, there are already two figures and we know they are making BAD. So if that is a DX then people will have more incentive to buy a 3rd MJ figure.

But the other lines are clearly separate--MMS and Icons each have their own numbering system.

The DX line is called MMS DX, right? And this one is said to be "DX 03" not "the third DX figure." So, I'm strongly skeptical of this being another MJ or James Dean for that reason alone.

I think it actually will be MJ. They have never called it 'M-IconDX' cause they haven't made one yet. But he is the most qualified for a DX, there are already two figures and we know they are making BAD. So if that is a DX then people will have more incentive to buy a 3rd MJ figure.

Could be,a Bad/Smooth Criminal Combo would be nice.

Hot Toys DX03: The "Let's All Forget About DX02 problems" figure.

I agree. I have the Robo w/Jet Pack and out of all the figures I own, he's still my favorite.

I'm not sure if Weller would even have a case with a likeness issue. As much as people hate the Sideshow PF, that IS Weller's mouth. As long as Hot Toys makes say a 2 in 1 (clean and BD) and forgets the Alex Murphy version they'd be fine. I really hope they're not completely finshed with Robo.

I'm not sure if Weller would even have a case with a likeness issue. As much as people hate the Sideshow PF, that IS Weller's mouth. As long as Hot Toys makes say a 2 in 1 (clean and BD) and forgets the Alex Murphy version they'd be fine. I really hope they're not completely finshed with Robo.

Mouth is different than an entire face. If I recall HT had to change the V1 RoboCop head because of the likeness issue. The irony is, you can pop the helmet off the Robo 3 and the likeness is passable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back