Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept my mouth shut during the whole thing and love many of the guys who bought that joker head but I thought it was pretty exessive to be honest.

Nice enough looking head but for that price?? I just don't even get the whole need to try and update joker heads in the first place when hot toys already gave great options.

If it was reworking something iconic that only had crappy options out there I can understand... Like Connary Bond and Sideshow, but Joker... Who's got the energy to care anymore??

I dunno just my opinion.

I kept my mouth shut during the whole thing and love many of the guys who bought that joker head but I thought it was pretty exessive to be honest.

Nice enough looking head but for that price?? I just don't even get the whole need to try and update joker heads in the first place when hot toys already gave great options.

If it was reworking something iconic that only had crappy options out there I can understand... Like Connary Bond and Sideshow, but Joker... Who's got the energy to care anymore??

I dunno just my opinion.

Who's Connary Bond? :dunno

So Trevor Grove is not sculpting it, shame, but I bet one of his Sideshow head sculpts is at Hot Toys' offices as reference. I remember seeing a picture inside the HQ, and they had opposition figures that they were working on too. And once again it's a bit unfair to judge Arnie Kim's Indy sculpts that were done six years ago. You can see with his early Bruce's that has got better over the time, the same might be said for Indy. Anyway it could end up being any of the team that sculpts it. And if it does look off, Hot Toys will work on it. How quick we were to judge the Tony Stark head until we saw the in-hand pictures

Right and thats why I will be waiting to hold off or not until next week.

PICS ARE UP ON FACEBOOK!!!!

acxt7n.jpg

Turned out better then i thought......

Yeah me too. Both you and I and a lot of guys here are major Indy fans, but I'm sure a few of us will hold off paying a lot of money if the figure is below par

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

My point about the sculpt has been, since post 1 here, that without Trevor's involvement, the likeness should be a concern. Never said they wouldn't nail it. Just that without the best Ford sculptor in the business on the project, there's no guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back