Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Sideshow hasn't used HT sculptors doesn't mean that HT wouldn't use Sideshow guys.

You know you guys can just PM Trevor? I'm sure if he wasn't involved he'll tell you.

I don't think it matters. Trev's Indy head is already out there and fits HT bodies. If he does another one, awesome. If the HT crew gets a shot, awesome. Win, win IMO.

That's something I'm not sure will happen. Hot Toys always seem to favour the netural look. It would be cool if figure had it though

It's not about what HT wants, it's about what LFL approves. They have a hardon for neutral sculpts.

I don't know why anybody would think Trevor would do the Indy sculpt. This is a Hot Toys figure. Trevor is a Sideshow sculptor. We didn't get a Yulli sculpt on the Jack Sparrow PF, we didn't get a Sideshow sculpt on the MMS T-800.

Anybody that writes off the Indy DX simply because Trevor isn't doing the sculpt is being pig-headed.

Because Ford is an extremely hard likeness to nail. Trevor is the only one who's nailed it 100%. Him being a SSC hire, it makes sense that he'd have his hands involved. The fact that he doesn't has me worried. Nobody's writing it off but you'd have to be a total fanboy of HT not to be concerned, especially when there's potential for Kim to sculpt it. We've seen his Indys already. They're less than stellar.

You know you guys can just PM Trevor? I'm sure if he wasn't involved he'll tell you.

I don't think it matters. Trev's Indy head is already out there and fits HT bodies. If he does another one, awesome. If the HT crew gets a shot, awesome. Win, win IMO.

Pretty sure contacting Trevor was already done. SmallStudios paints for Sideshow. I doubt he'd say anything like that without confirmation.

And No, it's a fail, fail. $250 for a figure lacking a likeness is a no sale. What's more is that if Sideshow can nail the perfect likeness on a $90 figure, at more than twice the cost, HT will have no excuse.

Being an unabashed Sideshow hating HT fanboy titty bird, how could I not be??

That's like 90% of the 1/6th collectors on this board now. :lol

I've always thought that if worse came to worse I could have a collection with Indiana Jones, Darth Vader and a Reeve Superman and be happy since that's pretty much the theatrical holy trinity of my youth. To know that I'll now have how high quality representations of those makes me damn happy. :clap

Sorry guys but it is fact Trev is not involved. :slap

I was wondering if anyone asked him or not... that's a shame really. Oh well. :( Gotta hope for the best but you just know that any issue with the sculpt will result in an all out battle royal taking place here in this thread.... The _____ing will be EPIC.

I've always thought that if worse came to worse I could have a collection with Indiana Jones, Darth Vader and a Reeve Superman and be happy since that's pretty much the theatrical holy trinity of my youth. To know that I'll now have how high quality representations of those makes me damn happy. :clap
I don't see Tech Noir T-800 on that last. I'm sure it was a mistake :mad:

I'm OK with Trevor not sculpting the head... he does an amazing job on Ford but I'm excited to see what HT can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back