Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out about the Indy license HT has acquired. What's next: 1/6 world domination?

No wait. They already have ;)

Yeah HT sculpt had better be spot on or there will be blood......:monkey4

:lecture

You'd be able to make some good coin by unretiring Trev's SS ROTLA sculpt... Charge 200 a head. :lol

A part of me hopes that the HT sculpt will be off so I still have an excuse for Josh to paint the Indy sculpt I was fortunate to get a spot for :monkey3

Seriously though, any way the sculpt differs from Trevor's will be for the worse, and that's a sad thought.

I'm sure there is almost zero chance of this, but given that this is a collaboration, it is possible that HT doesn't only use all new sculpts, and will re-use the old Sideshow one with a better paint job and googly eye implants (sculptor would not necessarily know if this was happening, since the sculpt is owned by Sideshow).

Again, I'm sure this won't happen, but would be nice if they did as at least one head option. That sculpt was great.

Sorry guys but it is fact Trev is not involved. :slap

That puts this figure on wait and see for me. Unless he had too many projects going HT would be pretty much lacking in not taking the guy who has knocked Ford out of the park.

I'm sure there is almost zero chance of this, but given that this is a collaboration, it is possible that HT doesn't only use all new sculpts, and will re-use the old Sideshow one with a better paint job and googly eye implants (sculptor would not necessarily know if this was happening, since the sculpt is owned by Sideshow).

Again, I'm sure this won't happen, but would be nice if they did as at least one head option. That sculpt was great.

Not really. Trevor would still get sculpting credit regardless of how minimal his involvement was.

That puts this figure on wait and see for me. Unless he had too many projects going HT would be pretty much lacking in not taking the guy who has knocked Ford out of the park.

That's just silly talk Josh... COMMIT NOW!!!

son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

It's too bad Trevor isn't doing the sculpt but I'm sure the figure will still end up being worthy of purchase. Even if the sculpt isn't 100%, the clothes, body and accessories should all more than make up for it.

:lol:lol:lol What a joke.

I actually have a lot of respect for a couple of members that bought it. Not because they bought it, mind you. They're just great Freaks. I would never drop that amount of cash on a headsculpt and think to do so is INSANE, personally. Not even if those were Ledger's actual pubes punched in the head as hair. But so long as they don't regret it, it's their life and their money, more power to 'em. Their dedication has to be commended. That said, don't ____ing get me started on the $200 socks... :monkey1

I actually have a lot of respect for a couple of members that bought it. Not because they bought it, mind you. They're just great Freaks. I would never drop that amount of cash on a headsculpt and think to do so is INSANE, personally. Not even if those were Ledger's actual pubes punched in the head as hair. But so long as they don't regret it, it's their life and their money, more power to 'em. Their dedication has to be commended. That said, don't ____ing get me started on the $200 socks... :monkey1

It's the premise of spending that much on a 1/6th figure head that's a joke IMO. If it's worth it to the individuals that bought it then great. I'm sure their bank accounts make that sort of purchase easier to digest then mine ever could.

The Ledger Joker madness was off the ____ing charts.... Especially when some of HTs finest works, right out of the box, were Joker figures. Nuts.

Anyway, back to a real character... INDY!

It's the premise of spending that much on a 1/6th figure head that's a joke IMO. If it's worth it to the individuals that bought it then great. I'm sure their bank accounts make that sort of purchase easier to digest then mine ever could.

The Ledger Joker madness was off the ____ing charts.... Especially when some of HTs finest works, right out of the box, were Joker figures. Nuts.

Anyway, back to a real character... INDY!

Personally, I sold a number of collectibles to fund it. Basically came doen to what I wanted on my shelf more.

Indiana Jones > Joker

:exactly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back