Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't seen Indy until the hoopla of Crystal Skull hitting theaters. I had horrible misconceptions about what sorts of movies they were and I'm really glad I gave in and checked them out, they're some of my favorite movies. I had thought they were more serious movies taking place in 30s and had no idea how much humor and fun there was too them. Fortunately, I saw them in time to not miss out on the collectibles offering, I'm really happy to have a 1/6 Indy figure, and not the opportunity to end up with an even better one.

I hadn't seen Indy until the hoopla of Crystal Skull hitting theaters. I had horrible misconceptions about what sorts of movies they were and I'm really glad I gave in and checked them out, they're some of my favorite movies. I had thought they were more serious movies taking place in 30s and had no idea how much humor and fun there was too them. Fortunately, I saw them in time to not miss out on the collectibles offering, I'm really happy to have a 1/6 Indy figure, and not the opportunity to end up with an even better one.

:thud:

Get out. Now. And take Platty with you.

Good day.

I said "Good day!"

:thud:

That surprises me.

I guess if you travel around while you're beating people up it's no longer action, but adventure. Whatever you want to call it, check it out, it's the finest movie of it's genre.

I learned something new today as well... I would have called Raiders an "Action movie".. but alas I am wrong... from wikipedia :

Adventure films are a genre of film. Adventure Films are exciting stories, with new experiences or exotic locales. Adventure films are very similar to the action film genre, in that they are designed to provide an action-filled, energetic experience for the film viewer. Rather than the predominant emphasis on violence and fighting that is found in action films, however, the viewer of adventure films can live vicariously through the travels, conquests, explorations, creation of empires, struggles and situations that confront the main characters, actual historical figures or protagonists.

It's actually an action/adventure movie. Blockbuster Video told me so.

Can't wait until the 24th to see this. I'm going to watch Raiders tonight in celebration.

I learned something new today as well... I would have called Raiders an "Action movie".. but alas I am wrong... from wikipedia :

Adventure films are a genre of film. Adventure Films are exciting stories, with new experiences or exotic locales. Adventure films are very similar to the action film genre, in that they are designed to provide an action-filled, energetic experience for the film viewer. Rather than the predominant emphasis on violence and fighting that is found in action films, however, the viewer of adventure films can live vicariously through the travels, conquests, explorations, creation of empires, struggles and situations that confront the main characters, actual historical figures or protagonists.

This is Lawrence of Arabia.

Raiders is fighting and violence from beginning to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back