Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't seen Indy until the hoopla of Crystal Skull hitting theaters.

You're around my age - what was your excuse? How did you manage to not even catch them by accident?? :lol

Will make it my plan to watch all of them over crimbo.

Despite having nothing inherently christmassy about them they are regarded by many as essential christmas viewing.

I would call Indy adventure and not Action simply because I tend to think of Action films as lacking in story substance and primarily focused on high levels of testosterone, Indy's got violence and action but there's actually a story you can get into too. I think the Indy films wouldn't be as good as they are if they were just testosterone films.

I would call Indy adventure and not Action simply because I tend to think of Action films as lacking in story substance and primarily focused on high levels of testosterone
Hmm. Well, I'm not sure where T2 fits. Lacks substance, but also lacks testosterone. . . :D

Despite having nothing inherently christmassy about them they are regarded by many as essential christmas viewing.
That's good then.

Are they on blu ray? May just get them in, I am actually really wanting to watch them now :lol

You're around my age - what was your excuse? How did you manage to not even catch them by accident?? :lol

My brother watched them when we were kids and I'd occassionaly run in the room and check them out, but I guess I jumped in at all the wrong times, I managed to catch parts that made them look serious and unappealing and those quick snips were enough to imprint on me a lack of desire to ever watch them. When KOTCS hype started and the Sideshow figures and all, plus the KOTCS trailers, I got the urge to see what they were about, I was surprised at how they were so much about fun and not the serious type films I thought they were.

^^^thanks for your opinion Kara, my father took me to see ROTLA when I was 11, he was in his thirties, he said it was one of the most enjoyable adventure movies he'd seen. He's in his 60's now and still loves these "kid's" movies.

To each their own I guess.

^^^thanks for your opinion Kara, my father took me to see ROTLA when I was 11, he was in his thirties, he said it was one of the most enjoyable adventure movies he'd seen. He's in his 60's now and still loves these "kid's" movies.

To each their own I guess.
I'm not saying adults can't enjoy them, but they were inspired by old adventure serials that targeted kids, and they themselves targeted kids. That's just what they are. I still love those films, but it doesn't change what they are. Same with Star Wars (well, the original films anyway. I can't speak to the draw of the prequels or who George was trying to target with those, apart from those nostalgic for the older films).

Yup, Star Wars and Indy are made to have appeal to all generations, more targetted at youth, but not so much that they hold no appeal for adults, and there's nothing wrong with adults liking childish stuff, I mean, we're all in a thread talking about buying a toy after all.

More than usual, I have a feeling we could see more than half a dozen new figures debut in this event. We're already at 2 with Superman and Indy. It's possible a large ammount of HT's Q1/Q2 release will be unveiled in this event.

The onyl downside is, if they unveil a lot at htis show, if they can't all be produced in the standard time frame, the wait for some could be longer than we're used to.

I'm glad to at least have an Indy already, while this will offer improvements, if my collection was without an Indy at all, the wait would feel longer.

More than usual, I have a feeling we could see more than half a dozen new figures debut in this event. We're already at 2 with Superman and Indy. It's possible a large ammount of HT's Q1/Q2 release will be unveiled in this event.

Only more than usual because its basically a HT Comic-Con. Other than that just another day. I guess for me besides Supes and Indy there's gonna have to be something else there. I've seen the Mark IV, have War Machine, seen Ghost Rider, etc So if they debuted Indy, Supes, say Greivous, etc that would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back