Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just terrific, my new favorite custom! Sorry Ray, but you lost some points back there with that Blade Runner confession...

N

Sometimes things that just dont make sense actually happen. You know what? I've never seen Blade Runner. And I own it too and have owned it for Three years in some big deluxe set that came in a metal briefcase hahaha

This is exactly why I still haven't seen "The Professional." :lol

I think both of you need to turn in your Sideshow Freaks membership and exit the internets :lecture

Oh, and send your figures to me as punishment for your high levels of fail :hi5:

Part of the reason why I dont want to watch it is because then I will want a figure and will source the best of the best parts finding the highest quality clothes and head sculpts and paint aps by the most talented customizers. Then i will add my own obsessive touches for accuracy, spend a bloody fortune, unveil it to he world proud as punch and watch Hot toys announce the official version 1 week and 4 days after ;) lol!

So damn true!!!! This and me purchasing that Hot toys figure, with a DX version of the same figure being announced shortly after.

I've historically always been a bigger star wars fan than an Indy fan but in fact I'm more excited about a HT Indy than any Star Wars character. The prospect of HT Star Wars is actually daunting me too much whereas with Indy I can say with more confidence that there really is only so many I'll want or need. He'll be my first representation of Indy ever in my collection.

Is it me or does anyone else find it funny so many are finding interest in Indy for sure and a smidge more on SW because HT is or could be involved? :lol

I think that if/when an official, definitive "HT is doing 1/6 scale Star Wars figures" announcement comes, that will dwarf most other discussions we've seen over the past year or so.

I think that if/when an official, definitive "HT is doing 1/6 scale Star Wars figures" announcement comes, that will dwarf most other discussions we've seen over the past year or so.

:lecture

Remember when PPO day for a SS SW figure would fry their servers? The HT SW figures are going to bring back that level of excitement to 1:6 SW collecting.

Could bring it back some. Though I doubt to server frying levels.

Yeah, that won't happen now simply because the way HT sells their products but if they POed EX versions thru one outlet like SS I bet it would fry some servers.

:lecture

Remember when PPO day for a SS SW figure would fry their servers? The HT SW figures are going to bring back that level of excitement to 1:6 SW collecting.

Maybe... I wonder if they'll pull that non-refundable deposit business on these?

If they're offering up exclusives, maybe they should... I hate having to get on the wait list if I miss something. My ex Yoda still hasn't converted. :(

Very possible thats for sure especially when you factor in SW Fans and anyone who collects anything HT does just because they do it.

Is it me or does anyone else find it funny so many are finding interest in Indy for sure and a smidge more on SW because HT is or could be involved? :lol

So, you've noticed that too? I thought I was the only one.

No not the only one at all. :lol just find it funny that we have to slap a certain company logo on it for some to even find interest. Me personally I've liked both for quite some time so I'm cool with it.

I think I misunderstood your post, Josh. Yes, Hot Toys will give you more interest in a certain franchise, for sure. Sideshow Indy was one of my first 1/6 scale figures, and I like the character and films a lot, but I'm not a big enough fan to buy or pay attention to any Indy-related collectible out there. Similarly, I love the Star Wars films, but I'm not interested in the background characters and troops so much that Sideshow seems to be focusing on nowadays, so I've stayed out of those threads. Hot Toys means 1/6 scale excellence, and personally, that's gonna get my attention if they do a license I'm remotely interested in.

First Image Leaked!!

zurs0m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back