Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sculpt isnt terrible. Looks like Ford. Not as good as Trev but this is just one pic of it. The accessories look great from what we can see. We def need more angles of the sculpt. :impatient:

It's not terrible but it's not good either as far as ford goes. It's a nice sculpt of fords stunt double. The rest of it looks good though I do like my custom map room outfit better. I will probably order it just to make sure but as of now this needs work.

The only thing I think they could "improve" is the coat, but other than a customized one, I don't think you'll ever get the right jacket, it has such a unique look to it.

I don't think the sculpt needs improving, just a better choice of expression, the one they chose is done very well though, it looks like an angry Ford.

I hate to say this but I can't see Ford in that Sculpt, I'm sure HT will put it right though. Just not 100% sold yet though

Im glad its a serious expression. To be honest I was never crazy about he half smirk on Trevor's sculpt (even though it is a better likeness). It was a bit awkward, and made him look like he just farted or something.

HotToys reading this forum time to time,
so don't forget to write how trollface Indy would be awesome! :D

trollface.png

But being hones, I would be happy with two heads even if the price get extra 10-15$.

The sculpt is definitely more serious than SS''s but also very Ford. I like it. Can't wait to see more and better pics of the sculpt and outfit.

Looks great to me... maybe the sculpt isn't as spot-on as what Trevor has done. But the final paint apps will crush what Sideshow gave us.

And when you consider the cost of upgrading a Sideshow figure (new body and repainted head) you're probably gonna end up in DX price territory.

Hmm, not as blown away as I was expecting to be. It's still very nice though. The jacket could definitely use some work, material looks a bit too shiny. A second headsculpt would be great, but only if they included a full second outfit (sans jacket) to go under the robe, otherwise it'd be a bit useless. You can't have Indy going commando in the maproom.

And when you consider the cost of upgrading a Sideshow figure (new body and repainted head) you're probably gonna end up in DX price territory.
More, much more, man. ;) You'll need to get new body, pay for head repaint, buy Idol Env. from Beloq. It would be much more than DX. ;)

Great likeness of Ford's stunt double. Swing and an epic miss by Hot Toys. I hope they can revise this sculpt...

Its neat but not $180 better than Sideshows. If I didn't all ready have Sideshows I'd get this one but since I do I can pass.

Head repaint alone could do that. If you got Indy at retail, that's about $90, a good repaint probably runs $50-$100, you're close to $200 just to fix the head on the figure, then there's the costuming fixes.

Looks great to me... maybe the sculpt isn't as spot-on as what Trevor has done. But the final paint apps will crush what Sideshow gave us.

Yeah, the final paint apps of this will be better but honestly if it doesn't look like Ford who gives a damn. :dunno

Stunt double, stunt double, stunt double!

We get it, the sculpt is not Ford...in that toy world pic he looks like the Hugh Jackman wolverine sculpt.

I was really expecting more...it's ok, but currently i am happy with my modified SSC Indy.

I was at least hoping to be blow away by something, i could care less about the map room stuff too...i just don't think that's "Indy" if he was displayed that way, i certainly oppose posing indy next to indy.

I hope they change my mind with more pics to come...

Man, almost ten days of wait to see this. :(

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back