Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks just like Ford. I think some off you need to look at the sculpt Longer. Oh and to some of you welcome to the Indiana jones forum

No, it really doesn't...:(

Yeah, the final paint apps of this will be better but honestly if it doesn't look like Ford who gives a damn. :dunno

Exactly!

Who cares if it's painted well if it looks like a generic headsculpt of some military figure or something.

M.

I'm not passing final judgment on the sculpt til I see better pics, but I think it looks like him.

003754i3s1x1ipprr1z3p3.jpg

:eek omg im gonna be homeless in 2011 thats for sure

Guys STFU....it looks awesome !!! It does look like Harrison Ford...when you first look at it then you instantly know who it is...thats what counts...everyone keeps going on about it looking like a stunt double...this piece of barbie doll looking crap:

3905_press03-001.jpg

......looks more like harrisons stunt double then the HT's one. Plus as a comparison who'd rather have the Sideshow version than the HT's version right now, forgetting about price and all the extras that come with it.

How can people look at this:

20101225_00699e53ed6b5f61d7d7ddoiYPhWUOTu.jpg

.......and say it looks nothing like Harrison Ford...are you blind ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If people are complaining about the harrsion likeness on this then I don't even want to think about what people are going to react on the Christopher Reeve sculpt...jeez man !!!

Edit: Wait for the proper official close ups of the sculpts and then _____ about the likeness...

Nice I see Captain America and now I'm hoping even more they have the Thor license.. Indy I will get as long as it improves sculpt wise

My first impressions looking at these initial pics of HT's Indy prototype is they've done a pretty nice job in capturing the look and feel of the Indy character. I'm sure there will be improvements. If I recall some folks were not impressed with the initial T-1000 likeness, but when the figure was released, the final sculpt turned out much better than the prototype.

I'll be adding this Indy to my collection for sure!

Biggest issue by far is the fedora shape... theirs tapers as it goes up... it should have straighter parallel sides... I am thrilled about the maproom clothing.. they even got the trim work on that right... the idol base was a major waste.. sideshow's rocks... would have been much better with another head.. or two on that end... definitely curious about the whip... leather belt looks ok.. holster color is off ( yay me :lol ) Definitely want to see more of the head at different angles... the boots however look AWESOME ! I want at least three pair of those... and I imagine they will be freaking outrageous on the loose market...

Guys STFU....it looks awesome !!! It does look like Harrison Ford...when you first look at it then you instantly know who it is...thats what counts...everyone keeps going on about it looking like a stunt double...this piece of barbie doll looking crap:

3905_press03-001.jpg

......looks more like harrisons stunt double then the HT's one. Plus as a comparison who'd rather have the Sideshow version than the HT's version right now, forgetting about price and all the extras that come with it.

20101225_00699e53ed6b5f61d7d7ddoiYPhWUOTu.jpg

.......and say it looks nothing like Harrison Ford...are you blind ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If people are complaining about the harrsion likeness on this then I don't even want to think about what people are going to react on the Christopher Reeve sculpt...jeez man !!!

Don't mean to hurt your feelings but I know its Ford because its supposed to be Indiana Jones. That being said it looks like right now every generic Indy figure I've ever seen. SS figure paint apps may have not been great but it looks like a nice figure I love mine but it at least "actually" looks like Ford.

Guys STFU

You STFU.

uzumaki_1 said:
this piece of barbie doll looking crap:

......looks more like harrisons stunt double then the HT's one.

Bad paint. What makes you think you have a right to be rude?

uzumaki_1 said:
Plus as a comparison who'd rather have the Sideshow version than the HT's version right now, forgetting about price and all the extras that come with it.

I would.

uzumaki_1 said:

It doesn't look like Harrison Ford.

That's how.

uzumaki_1 said:
Edit: Wait for the proper official close ups of the sculpts and then _____ about the likeness...

Who's _____ing? That is, besides you _____ing about people not liking what you like?

Bought. Map room outfit? So bought.
This looks like the best 1/6 Indy by far to me. So nice to see HT getting more licenses worthy of their talents.

Biggest issue by far is the fedora shape... theirs tapers as it goes up... it should have straighter parallel sides... I am thrilled about the maproom clothing.. they even got the trim work on that right... the idol base was a major waste.. sideshow's rocks... would have been much better with another head.. or two on that end... definitely curious about the whip... leather belt looks ok.. holster color is off ( yay me :lol ) Definitely want to see more of the head at different angles... the boots however look AWESOME ! I want at least three pair of those... and I imagine they will be freaking outrageous on the loose market...

Well Mike looks like I will be getting a new whip and holster from you and possibly a sidebag. :lol

Yes because when anyobody says they love Hot Toys it MUST mean they hate Sideshow!! Jayzuz you'd swear it was religion we were discussing!
I like both companies and I buy from both. But I prefer figures to statues.

This Indy figure still needs more work but I really like it. All the gubbins are awesome! :)

It is funny how the HT fanboys cannot take the heat when the SSC fanboys were talking it for a year with SSC 12" Indy.

Like most threads this will turn into some kind of weird internet tough-guy contest where everyone accuses everyone of having a hidden agenda for their opinions. And then the photoshop "helpers" will invade.

That's why I just take a peak and peace out!:peace :wave

Don't mean to hurt your feelings but I know its Ford because its supposed to be Indiana Jones. That being said it looks like right now every generic Indy figure I've ever seen. SS figure paint apps may have not been great but it looks like a nice figure I love mine but it at least "actually" looks like Ford.

Yeah thats like saying this:

I know its Reeve because its supposed to be Superman....FAIL !

s2waox.jpg

If its been made to look like Indy and it does then thats not good enough...in this case HT's Indy does look like Indy and down to the details...unlike the sideshow version which even though its been made to look like Indy, doesn't...maybe because of paints or sculpt...it doesnt matter...anyways people need to stop _____in and wait for the official photo's....am pissed because this happens most times without fail when a product is released by HT !

There's no need to fight over who'll end up with a better figure and who makes the better figure.

We already got the Sideshow Indy which had it's plusses, now we're getting the HT Indy which has it's plusses. We have lots of custom parts out there.

The bottom line is, I think between Sideshow, customs and Hot Toys, all the parts are floating around for everyone to make themselves a Raiders Indy figure for their collection that is everything they could want it to be.

Like most threads this will turn into some kind of weird internet tough-guy contest where everyone accuses everyone of having a hidden agenda for their opinions. And then the photoshop "helpers" will invade.

That's why I just take a peak and peace out!:peace :wave

Oh yea most definitely. I like HT and I like SSC but I am not such a fanboy of one or the other that I can't admit to myself the faults of the product. HT Indy does look great overall and I will still order it but it is most definitely not gods gift.

I have hopes the head sculpt will be improved. Everyone was saying how bad the Iron Man Mark 4 RDJ Head looked horrible, now that it is in hand the consensus seems to have shifted, I am sure this will be the same case with this figure.

I do think it looks better than Sideshows Indy figure. The difference between SS and HT is SS's prototypes look better than the actual figure, while HT's Prototypes look worse than their final product.

I will most likely wait and see, but the addition of the alter and Map room outfit make this one a strong contender for my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back