Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it. On thing that got me was seeing the Map Room set up which is what I was dying for from Sideshow and never got. Only one head sculpt it looks like though which is a little ____ed IMHO since I would have loved to get another to set up Map Room Indy at the same time.

Who's your girl there dude? she looks pretty rockin!

156697_184683988208925_100000019744422_688597_3168793_n.jpg

Awesome!
Thanks, mate.
So the Horus Talisman is there and we also get 2x stands like we had with don Vito C. Nice-nice...

Few shots about face. It's not perfect, but I think that it's not bad too. Don't forget that Ford here is very young, in the Grail he looks much more older, so don't tangle them both.

aseet.jpg

INDIANA_JONES_RAIDERS_LOST_ARK-0-66.jpg

RaidersOfTheLostArk_4.jpg

indiana_jones_1.jpg

I'm thinking one base with changeable surface, much like I'm sure the backdrop is double sided and you just change out to what you want.

Here are larger pictures from the Toy World Forum. At least we are getting real laces on the boots. It will be interesting to see how this figure progresses prior to release. It's a definite purchase for me though :D
20101225_00699e53ed6b5f61d7d7ddoiYPhWUOTu.jpg

20101225_a9a489987e76f38ea6b4f2wpFIn3auVQ.jpg

20101225_d63fc29f714682e93a882fB4AgwnaWEv.jpg

20101225_6a69a5b1e125cc5d9d1a74LUWHxjXUI6.jpg

20101225_e4cd304c2b800f9e53ff3J8I74mH4llX.jpg

20101225_a831720c9243e2fca1baSU7TFzt3BqmF.jpg

I'm underwhelmed at the moment, and I really wanted to be overwhelmed.

I'd have liked a second headsculpt instead of the Idol pedestal. The Map Room outfit isn't a very exciting addition.

Too early to really comment on the sculpt itself, without more angles and better lighting. I do like the earnest expression, though.

The quality will no doubt be apparent in hand, which will blow Sideshow (as good as that figure is) out of the water. And with the expected pricepoint, it had better be good!

Wow this is a really great figure. Like others have said likeness is good but not great. Looks like I will need to get another set to display them both. :lol

Few shots about face. It's not perfect, but I think that it's not bad too. Don't forget that Ford here is very young, in the Grail he looks much more older, so don't tangle them both.

I'm not sure if it's the likeness or the choice of expression that's more in question with folks. It looks like Ford to me, just not the right expression to sum up Indy.

I like it enough for a prototype. I could do without the idol base, since I have the SS one, but map room outfit will be great on my SS and I'll definitely be making the PF head into a ToD Indy w/ machete and torn sleeve.

Better pics:

2350383q33s30phlal8af6.jpg

235042lruhnnriryltxizu.jpg

It's cool that Sideshow is allowing Hot Toys to do a figure of Indy's stunt double!

Seriously though, all the people who have filed these boards up with Hot Toys threads I'm sorry to say that from first impressions this doesn't look to put the Sideshow Indy to shame; it does not look like Harrison Ford.

i think he will come with two headsculpts....lets not forget, this isn't the final reveal of the proto. in one of the pics, they have him dressed in that white outfit, so it's possible that one has the 2nd headsculpt. kinda like bruce lee.

I love it all except for the Jacket. The jacket looks a bit cheaply stiched to me. Butthen again maybe its just becuase ive been spoiled by seeing Kato's work.

I'm not sure if it's the likeness or the choice of expression that's more in question with folks. It looks like Ford to me, just not the right expression to sum up Indy.
I'm pretty agree with you. I don't know why, but HT really afraid to give some expressions to their dolls faces. :(

I could be wrong, but I can mention only Leonidas screaming head in 2010. All other was like: "Mmmmm, I'm so boring standing on this shelf..." or "What's there, in the far distant???..." Still can't see Ezio head, he looks SO F DEAD! >< Good that he's under the hood...

Anyway, I would like to see Ford with his cheeky smile. And probable I'll never get it. :monkey2

+++
Easy way to fix jacket texture:
1) mix some good matt varnish and wooden ash.
2) paint jacket with it.
3) get profit.

Something just occurred to me.

The Map Room outfit with it's head scarf will be useful in helping to hide Medicom ROTLA Indy's horrible head!

Looks good, as expected, but the sculpt isn't spot-on, as others have said. I figured on this background, but didn't expect the little idol display deal. Cool, because I was actually considering buying the Sideshow Belloq exclusive for it. No more!

I'm pretty agree with you. I don't know why, but HT really afraid to give some expressions to their dolls faces. :(

Well this has an expression, he looks very serious, but to me, that's not the right expression to represent Indy. I think the expression Trev did for Sideshow's Raiders Indy is the right look to go with.

A lot if it is licensor approval. I read they made some great expressions for Tony Stark, but RDJ's people would only approve neutral sculpts.

But yes, I too wish the sculpts had more engaging expressions. All neutral is very boring.

I wish Indy was smirking. I wish Hans Landa was smirking.

Cool, because I was actually considering buying the Sideshow Belloq exclusive for it. No more!
:hi5:
:1-1:, bro!

HollandX,
I know. :( Licensor's are suck an ***holes sometimes. :(

Well this has an expression, he looks very serious, but to me, that's not the right expression to represent Indy. I think the expression Trev did for Sideshow's Raiders Indy is the right look to go with.
Ooo, e! Sorry. I forgot to say that generally they have two expressions this year:
1) no expression
2) HULK ANGRY!
:D

Considering this is the first glimpse we've had of this figure, I'm absolutely convinced that Hot Toys is going to make improvements on it, especially on that head sculpt. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back