Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't despise it. I'm disappointed with the resemblance to Ford, but it is closer than the Medicom Raiders headsculpt. I just think it tries to justify a DX price tag with pack in accessories and PERs.

That's fair. I'm not keen on the price point, either. Drop the Idol Pedestal, tweak the sculpt, fix the hat and make it $179 and this thing is golden, IMHO.

Carl I'm saying for this price range they have peaked.

To go somewhere from here is going to require some really innovative stuff. What else can they improve aside from body, sculpt, paint, and outift?

They'd have to make them talk and walk around like Small Soldiers to justify another hundred dollar jump from here which is pretty much where we are compared to about a year ago/two years ago.

I think if Hot Toys made a Tony Stark figure that is removeable form his Hulkbuster armor for $350, everyone will be on HT's nuts.

That's fair. I'm not keen on the price point, either. Drop the Idol Pedestal, tweak the sculpt, fix the hat and make it $179 and this thing is golden, IMHO.

This would definitely help, but the apparent quality and accuracy of the outfit is still a missed opportunity for HT to shine and really deliver the treatment that a character this iconic deserves, IMO.

I think if Hot Toys made a Tony Stark figure that is removeable form his Hulkbuster armor for $350, everyone will be on HT's nuts.

I don't, for that price it would be a killer deal for what would amount to two seperate complete full figures since you could just close it w/o Stark inside and it'd look fine.

The Mk.4 is IMO, Hot Toys very best. I know alot of people are sick of all the suits but if they can keep improving them it's awesome.

I don't think Nam was banned again. If he was all of his old posts would have 'banned' below his name. They don't.

That's perfectly fine. But the people calling it an "epic failure" and comparing it to Hasbro figures and spouting other such hyperbolic canards just sound like petty goobers.

Mentioning Hasbro in the same sentence as the HT effort is going a bit far maybe... but for a DX figure I can understand the 'epic failure' tag. Maybe HT are a victim of their own success?

On another note, and tailoring aside, is there anyone who thinks that the HS might stack up a lot better in hand? A lot of people said Enterbay's WoD figure had 'anime bug eyes' but in hand it's nowhere near as bad as this.

Has it been mentioned yet that the sculpt doesn't look like Ford......................

:monkey3

Mentioning Hasbro in the same sentence as the HT effort is going a bit far maybe... but for a DX figure I can understand the 'epic failure' tag. Maybe HT are a victim of their own success?

On another note, and tailoring aside, is there anyone who thinks that the HS might stack up a lot better in hand? A lot of people said Enterbay's WoD figure had 'anime bug eyes' but in hand it's nowhere near as bad as this.

Yes of course... that's always the case...
It's funny how this pattern repeats itself over and over again...

- Proto figure pics come out
- Either with great fan response or "epic fail" response
- Lots of complains and photoshopping
- Request for changes
- Fans calling each other names and tensions escalating
- Updated pics or in hand pics
- People saying: "This looks great in hand, pics don't make this figure justice"

:lol:lol:lol

- Request for changes
- People saying: "This looks great in hand, pics don't make this figure justice"

-time passes, 'new figure' excitement wears off, people revert to their original opinions
-buy custom head or sell figure.

- Request for changes

Maybe...

I dunno. Seems different this time. I mean, it's Indy...

LOL so much talk for such a little figure. Buy it, dont buy, it's not like hot toys is going to go out of business or something. They can charge anything they want and make any kind of figure they want, even if its not movie accurate, and fanboys will be more then happy to give up their money in droves.

LOL so much talk for such a little figure. Buy it, dont buy, it's not like hot toys is going to go out of business or something. They can charge anything they want and make any kind of figure they want, even if its not movie accurate, and fanboys will be more then happy to give up their money in droves.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Gnc5vU2YFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its wierd, everyone seems to hate when people are so vocal about thier complaints oveer a figure, but no one seems to mind when Hot Toys listens to those vocal fans and makes the appropriate changes.

Its wierd, everyone seems to hate when people are so vocal about thier complaints oveer a figure, but no one seems to mind when Hot Toys listens to those vocal fans and makes the appropriate changes.

It's not that, it's the fact that people beat the same complains to death... over and over, and over again...
We are all aware of the issues this figure has, but "pushing the elevator's button a 1000 times still won't make it come sooner"....
Let's wait for updated pics or in hand pics! :peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back