Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being in the UK, I fear what this will cost through Forbidden Planet and/or Play.com.
They usually just replace the $ with the £.
So it will be about £250 ($400)

Honestly, without the paint job and the HT logo, if you just posted that shot of the SSC-MEDI-HT-TMCCOY Indy figures, I don't think many would guess HT made this figure.
I think this is true. I would have thought it was a custom, because the head and hat look like something an amateur customizer would have come up with. But it does look too detailed to be something Medicom or Toys McCoy would have come up with. And Sideshow has great sculpts, just crappy paint apps, so I probably wouldn't have thought it was them, either.

Since this is a collaboration with Sideshow, why the hell didn't they just let the man with a proven track record sculpt it, and let Arnie do Reeve. I feel Indy was rushed out.

I don't think it's really a collaboration, I think the extend of Sideshow's involvement is a legal workaround. HT was able to make T2 figures by legalling tying their line to Sideshow who seem to still have a T2 1/6 license, this would seem to be a similar case, for HT to put out Indy, it has to be through a legal Sideshow team up. As far as making the figure, I dont' think Sideshow's involved in any way.

If you are charging $250 for a single figure, I expect total realism.
I hope this doesn't set another high price standard in 1/6.

Prices will be going up! bank on it

Yeah, I think it was a legal thing. If it was more then HT should have let Trev step in and get it done right the first time.

Maybe Arnie only agreed to go over to Hot Toys if they let him do an Indy. He is a big fan after all.

Maybe Arnie only agreed to go over to Hot Toys if they let him do an Indy. He is a big fan after all.

Given the quality being produced by the artists already there, I don't see that having any merit whatsoever. This is all but confirmed, looking at the Indy sculpt. :huh

Well BBTS just posted him for 219 saying "when a domestic supplier is found the price may drop." So its not as bad as expected, but still in that ballpark.

Given the quality being produced by the artists already there, I don't see that having any merit whatsoever. This is all but confirmed, looking at the Indy sculpt. :huh

The guy's overrated (there, I said it).

Well BBTS just posted him for 219 saying "when a domestic supplier is found the price may drop." So its not as bad as expected, but still in that ballpark.

:lol Given Sideshow's putting him up for preorder Thursday, wouldn't they be the domestic supplier?

Then they should have held him to their standards, unless they like his Indy sculpts.

You can't trust BBTS for early pricing, they suck, they've gone too low and too high and changed their tune once they had confirmation on their costs. They're stupid, they should just wait to put it up when they know what it's going to be. They could easily come back and raise it to $275 if the actual cost is higher than they're figuring right now. They're probably just estimating based on other DX figure prices.

The guy's overrated (there, I said it).

Not necessarily overrated, he does great Bruce Lee work and deserves kudos for that, but, it doesn't mean he can sculpt just anyone. The only Kim sculpts I've seen have been Fords and Lees, his Fords are weak and his Lees are great.

Did that change... newsletter said it was today. I'd assume at 10am PST as that's when things typically pop-up on frontpage.

:slap
I got him mixed up with Stalker. You're right. So we can all laugh and point fingers when we see the $250+ tag and NRD for the DX figure of Ford's stunt double. :lol

Maybe they'll call this the Ultimate, Utlimate Unison and try to top the EB/Medicom Luke prices :google :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back