Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually those very tiny changes made a huge difference. its all in the eyes. i dont see how anyone cant tell the difference.
I'm glad to hear that. :)

:exactly:
Thats a great job by VickPS.
The difference is night and day.
Everything is improved.
Its all in the eyes, mouth and nose mainly.
Thank's again my friend. :wink1:

But actually i don't care anymore of this Hot Toys Figure, because... today i've received the Sideshow Premium Format ROTLA! :horror
It's just, WOW, i have Harrison Ford in my house, don't care about this HT DX... he really seems a real person in hands! Truly Amazing.

Thanks for your support and interest in DX Indiana Jones of Hot Toys. Figure will be improved by making fine adjustment.

Dude this is great!
Usually they respond to such mails with something like "we will forward your crap to our development department" and blah-blah-blah.

Are we ever gonna see new pics of this damn thing!? Even before I subscribed to this forum I kept coming back to read from this thread for news. Well that and all the arguing that went back and forth:lol It was extremely entertaining. Thats actually one of the reasons I subscibed! :lol

Are we ever gonna see new pics of this damn thing!? Even before I subscribed to this forum I kept coming back to read from this thread for news. Well that and all the arguing that went back and forth:lol It was extremely entertaining. Thats actually one of the reasons I subscibed! :lol

Yeh, either show us some updates or go hammer and tongs over the likeness issues. Everything else is not subscribe-worthy IMO :lol

I am actually really looking forward to what happens next. I pre-ordered this figure well after all the discussion on the terrible sculpt, going by the rationale that no way could HT release something that bad and that a revision was inevitable.

Yeh, either show us some updates or go hammer and tongs over the likeness issues. Everything else is not subscribe-worthy IMO :lol

I am actually really looking forward to what happens next. I pre-ordered this figure well after all the discussion on the terrible sculpt, going by the rationale that no way could HT release something that bad and that a revision was inevitable.

I agree. Hot Toys has an excellent track record so I"m confident they'll release something good. Where do you have your pre-order from?? I'm procrastinating on my order.

I cancelled this and went with KotCS and ToD PF's instead.
But even so, I think the final product will be amazing. The fact that Hot Toys has gone silent for so long I think is indication of the massive rework being done. Otherwise more pics would have been released a long time ago.

I agree. Hot Toys has an excellent track record so I"m confident they'll release something good. Where do you have your pre-order from?? I'm procrastinating on my order.

BBTS - because they tend to ship later than almost everyone else, it'll give me time to review in hand pics before pushing the button. They don't charge a deposit or for canceled orders either :)

The fact that Hot Toys has gone silent for so long I think is indication of the massive rework being done. Otherwise more pics would have been released a long time ago.

I don't think silence indicates anything. Collector's complained about the Wolverine and Dastan sculpt. A few months later with little fanfare HT released the same 'missed by a mile' prototype sculpt. That said, Wolvie tho not 100% accurate is a mighty fine figure Dastan meh. Therefore, I wouldn't assume silence indicates anything other than silence.

just got a response from hot toys after i emailed them asking if the headsculpt was going to be improved:

Thanks for your support and interest in DX Indiana Jones of Hot Toys. Figure will be improved by making fine adjustment.

don't sound like there will be any major changes :(

I don't think silence indicates anything. Collector's complained about the Wolverine and Dastan sculpt. A few months later with little fanfare HT released the same 'missed by a mile' prototype sculpt. That said, Wolvie tho not 100% accurate is a mighty fine figure Dastan meh. Therefore, I wouldn't assume silence indicates anything other than silence.

'Figure will be improved' is what I'm holding onto right now :) I'm not saying HT should necessarily be putting more effort into a DX release over their regular releases, but it does seem to me that where HT might get away with releasing a sub-par Wolvie and Dastan, they'd be very concerned that DX Indy turn out a winner.

Not only is this an iconic character and a DX to boot, it's also Arnie's Big Debut. They'll be giving him every chance to hit this out of the park, not just for his fans, but for their investment in securing his services in the first place. I hope.

'Figure will be improved' is what I'm holding onto right now :) I'm not saying HT should necessarily be putting more effort into a DX release over their regular releases, but it does seem to me that where HT might get away with releasing a sub-par Wolvie and Dastan, they'd be very concerned that DX Indy turn out a winner.

Not only is this an iconic character and a DX to boot, it's also Arnie's Big Debut. They'll be giving him every chance to hit this out of the park, not just for his fans, but for their investment in securing his services in the first place. I hope.

I understand your point. Indy is more iconic than either Wolverine or Dastan and HT needs Arnie to be successful with all the hoopla around him joining the group.

That said, I think anyone who pre-ordered better be willing to accept the figure in the proto pics. HT may or may not update the sculpt. In the case HT does not update the sculpt, collectors who bought hoping for an updated sculpt may be disappointed.

I understand your point. Indy is more iconic than either Wolverine or Dastan and HT needs Arnie to be successful with all the hoopla around him joining the group.

That said, I think anyone who pre-ordered better be willing to accept the figure in the proto pics. HT may or may not update the sculpt. In the case HT does not update the sculpt, collectors who bought hoping for an updated sculpt may be disappointed.

I'm banking on BBTS shipping after we see the first in-hand pics. If somehow I end up being stuck with the order and the HS hasn't been updated... then I'll be palming it off as soon as I can (and hope I don't lose too much on it).

I'm banking on BBTS shipping after we see the first in-hand pics. If somehow I end up being stuck with the order and the HS hasn't been updated... then I'll be palming it off as soon as I can (and hope I don't lose too much on it).

Might take less a hit paying a cancellation fee. I imagine everyone will be offering it up for sale if not happy with the final product.

I pre-ordered after much internal debate. :lol Indy is iconic enough to add to my collection even less than stellar sculpt. I pulled the trigger on Wolverine and it is easily in my top 5 figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back