Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed doesnt even begin to come close to how I feel about this figure.
If it remains unchanged before shipping this will be HT's biggest failure.
No excuse for this.

Didnt Arnie say it was being revised?
So is the guy just a bald faced liar or what?

OK look they are just using the old prototype right down to the first pair of Alden's that were made

But for some reason when Sideshow made photos of the Map Room environment the shoes looked to have been improved

That's a very interesting observation Dino...

Although they need to do a lot better than a pair of Aldens.

The eternal optimist in me thinks that the revised 'as good as Bale' head, is being used as a painting guide in the factory where they are busy knocking out the production heads as we speak.
Sideshow (or whoever) requested a sample DX Indiana Jones for SDCC and Hot Toys simply sent the ones in the box marked 'Protoypes - use for Exhibit'. You never know :dunno

I think everyone here thats still disappointed with the figure needs to email HT again and ask about the revisions.
The figure is just too important to give up on as yet.

I was really looking forward to being wrong here. Looking forward to seeing a sculpt in the same league as Joker and Bale and Sparrow.

I just don't know what happened here. I wish they would make a second sculpt so we'd get a second chance at this.

Its a shame, especially with something as iconic as Indiana Jones.

OK look they are just using the old prototype right down to the first pair of Alden's that were made
123.jpg

But for some reason when Sideshow made photos of the Map Room environment the shoes looked to have been improved
7.jpg

The same?
Are you telling me you can't see the thick white line at the bottom of the heel in the first picture?
Or the the tailoring and stitching around the laces area?

Oops! were you talking about Michael's picture?

If, IF revisions are in the works, I'm guessing they should have been done a long time ago. Why waste the opportunity to display a revised version at SDCC? It's SDCC!..where it's a chance for companies to display their BEST work to the general public. Sales are made or broken at this show.

Because any revised sculpt would need to be approved by Lucas before it can be displayed. That is why Alice got covered up after the first day of the Tokyo show

The eternal optimist in me thinks that the revised 'as good as Bale' head, is being used as a painting guide in the factory where they are busy knocking out the production heads as we speak.
Sideshow (or whoever) requested a sample DX Indiana Jones for SDCC and Hot Toys simply sent the ones in the box marked 'Protoypes - use for Exhibit'. You never know :dunno

I bet you are correct.

I bet you are correct.

I really hope so too. I do understand why Hot Toys cannot officially comment on any revisions that may or may not be underway. I for one am going to put my trust in them delivering the goods. I'm keeping my PO with Sideshow. If however it isn't revised I'll simply cancel my PO and swallow the loss of the deposit, and enter my comments.

One thing does strike me about this though is that if HT now has the Star Wars license they will surely be doing Han Solo. If they don't revise the Jones sculpt then unveil a superior Solo sculpt, then that'll be a real kick in the balls to me.

Probably still buy it though :monkey3

Sales are made or broken at this show.

No I don't think so. Sales are made on the pre order and of course they are wanting to knock it out of the park. But if they fall a little short they also know people will still buy. The sad thing is this is the best ROTLA figure we will be getting for quite some to come. What do you do when the best in the world at what they do come up short??! :gah:

Buy and cry.

Hell no. You do it yourself better and let them fester in a warehouse so they learn what happens when they try to sell garbage at that price.

Honestly if this was a typical $180 release I may even say it looks passable, but $250 and compared to Bruce, to Joker, to virtually anything else at the show, crap.

Not only did they provide a subpar figure by their own standards, but a dozen or more viable options for me to spend that money on elsewhere on display right along side it.

Conventions are big shop windows for companies, they are chances to show off what they can do and on the basis of that they can generate new business with any studio honchos there to promote their movies.

If there had been a new Indy it would have been shown at SDCC in Indy's back yard. He was conceived in the US. We just have to face facts that HT have royally dropped the ball, let them know it in no uncertain terms and hope that nobody from Lucasfilm saw what they'd done to their baby and decided to pull the plug on any future Indy projects by them.

The only people laughing are Toy Anxiety with the plethora of loose Indy goodies they know they can shift as everyone pre-ordered them. Mind you, there will be a truckload of HS's they may as well throw in a skip!

Cancel your pre-orders and spend the money here by hiring all the talented customisers to revise the Indy goodies you already have.

CHEERS!

Last edited:
Not the big jump in quality that the Bespin Luke is over the Sideshow version, for example .

Really..? One looks like a doll the other looks like a small person. Just not the right person? That goes for both Luke and Indiana. Both are WAY ahead of SS. Both are far from being Bale great.

It's the best of times, and the worst of times.

Luke was announced last night. There is plenty of time to fix him and they already have the BD head down perfectly.

Indy is about to be released, SDCC is the biggest collectible event of the year period. They know god damn perfectly well that any lack of it looking right will cost preorders.

Do not kid yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back