Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much doom and gloom for this figure! I'm about ready to cancel my PO too....but it's with BBTS, so I think I have plenty of time to hold on until pics of the confirmed final release are available.

Same here. I am still holding out hope that HT will execute a marketing master stroke and just release the updated, jaw-droppingly, eye-poppingly head sculpt without showing it at all.

Everyone will be amazed and so impressed with the awesome likeness of Ford that the shoddy tailoring will all but be forgotten.

Really..? One looks like a doll the other looks like a small person.

That's what i see when i look at this really and that's why i'm getting it.

It's way ahead of the SS version which is a A+ Ken doll in my eyes.

When I saw it in a video yesterday it freaked me out. The whip looks like a real whip the colour palette of him as in clothes and etc just stands out to me as Raiders Indy.

It's not perfect in some eyes but others it's just fine.

Those who always say "it needs tweaks" and you see them go through every thread on this forum not happy with any sculpt.

We all know who your are!! Move on!!

It's all the eye of the beholder spend your money elsewhere.

Those who always say "it needs tweaks" and you see them go through every thread on this forum not happy with any sculpt.

No way mate :lol I didn't join in the whole DX Bruce needs tweaking chorus, didn't bite on the Christopher Reeve Photoshopped pic and Jack Sparrow was always easily good enough for me.

But Indy is utter shight and I'm not even as big a fan as some here. I totally get all the angst over this from the fans, and there being no reveal at SDCC makes it no surprise that it'll all come up again.

This is as disappointing as it gets with Hot Toys, let the people purge their grief.

So much doom and gloom for this figure! I'm about ready to cancel my PO too....but it's with BBTS, so I think I have plenty of time to hold on until pics of the confirmed final release are available.

Don't know where you are getting the "doom and gloom" from. I still read the same comments that where made when this piece was shown.

True, most of the pieces that are being shown at SDCC won't be out soon. However, most need to see where they want to funnel their money. There is stuff that is already scheduled to be released this year along with Indy, now add the new pre-orders with some using paypal and you got an Indy that's good (at the moment) and not great.

I wish this was on par with Nicholson Joker and Depp Sparrow, which both look like they walked right off the screen to me. Hell, I don't like Bale but I gotta give it up to that sculpt. Reeves and Captain America look top notch too.

That is why this is such an odd disappointment. Why can't they get this up to par? Why is there so many little nits wrong with this figure? I just don't know. And it aggravates me.

DX 05 will always be used to counter the positive promise of what HT can accomplish.

Thats exactly what I'm doing. With BBTS we'll be waiting til next year to get them odds are so there will be plenty of time to see the final product.

I wish this was on par with Nicholson Joker and Depp Sparrow, which both look like they walked right off the screen to me. Hell, I don't like Bale but I gotta give it up to that sculpt. Reeves and Captain America look top notch too.

That is why this is such an odd disappointment. Why can't they get this up to par? Why is there so many little nits wrong with this figure? I just don't know. And it aggravates me.

DX 05 will always be used to counter the positive promise of what HT can accomplish.

No news is good news! Keep it positive!

No news is good news! Keep it positive!

Of course there's still a piece of me that hopes it can still change. I just doubt it. Had a feeling HT just moved on from this long ago. They got way too much to focus on to be bothered with this. That's the problem.

But hey, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that shirt! Looks great! See, positive.

Thats exactly what I'm doing. With BBTS we'll be waiting til next year to get them odds are so there will be plenty of time to see the final product.

Was there a BBTS update somewhere saying that it won't ship until 2012? It says Q3 2011 on their site.

When this figure was first announced I was one of the many who understandably got a little concerned with the pricetag.

But seeing some of the prices on the new stuff that's being released at this year's Con ... I'm starting to get a little nervous that this hobby is about to leave me and my budget in the dust. :(

Is it just me or are prices trending upwards a bit more briskly than usual?

(And yes, I understand that quality is also increasing ... but geez!)

BBTS is just generally slow to ship. Not sure if it's that they receive their shipments later than anyone else, but regardless, they are not the fastest place to order from.

When this figure was first announced I was one of the many who understandably got a little concerned with the pricetag.

But seeing some of the prices on the new stuff that's being released at this year's Con ... I'm starting to get a little nervous that this hobby is about to leave me and my budget in the dust. :(

Is it just me or are prices trending upwards a bit more briskly than usual?

(And yes, I understand that quality is also increasing ... but geez!)

Prices are definitely moving up, but the weak US dollar has got to be a part of it. It has lost around 10% of its value over the past 12 months against most major currencies. I don't buy the argument that Chinese factory workers are demanding - and getting - better pay. Their worker conditions are still in the dark ages over there, whatever the media hype about the Chinese economy.

Really..? One looks like a doll the other looks like a small person.

That's what i see when i look at this really and that's why i'm getting it.

It's way ahead of the SS version which is a A+ Ken doll in my eyes.

When I saw it in a video yesterday it freaked me out. The whip looks like a real whip the colour palette of him as in clothes and etc just stands out to me as Raiders Indy.

It's not perfect in some eyes but others it's just fine.

i didnt say most of this?!

i didnt say any of this either but i do agree!:goodpost:

Prices are definitely moving up, but the weak US dollar has got to be a part of it. It has lost around 10% of its value over the past 12 months against most major currencies. I don't buy the argument that Chinese factory workers are demanding - and getting - better pay. Their worker conditions are still in the dark ages over there, whatever the media hype about the Chinese economy.

U.S. dollar has had negligible change against Chinese yuan, and a weak U.S. dollar increases profits for units sold outside the U.S. for Sideshow, balancing out the equation (the same way there has been massive increases in international box office returns for U.S. studios.) In the case of HT, they cited in a q and a 10% yearly increases in manufacturing over the past two years and the fact that certain licenses have significantly higher royalty/licensing fees as reasons for increases.

U.S. dollar has had negligible change against Chinese yuan, and a weak U.S. dollar increases profits for units sold outside the U.S. for Sideshow, balancing out the equation (the same way there has been massive increases in international box office returns for U.S. studios.) In the case of HT, they cited in a q and a 10% yearly increases in manufacturing over the past two years and the fact that certain licenses have significantly higher royalty/licensing fees as reasons for increases.

Ah, thanks for the clarification - makes sense.

"Originally Posted by Chubs&Doggers

It's all the eye of the beholder spend your money elsewhere."

again i didnt post this either. i dont know who any of you are.. ? you can stay i dont mind ;)

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed about a figure before. And I don't make a habit of putting sculpts down.

Indy is one of the greatest movie icons ever. To see him turn out like this (by HT of all companies) is sad. Unless some miracle happens, my money will go elsewhere. And Indy can go to the Island of Misfit Toys for all I care.

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed about a figure before. And I don't make a habit of putting sculpts down.

Indy is one of the greatest movie icons ever. To see him turn out like this (by HT of all companies) is sad. Unless some miracle happens, my money will go elsewhere. And Indy can go to the Island of Misfit Toys for all I care.

I think HT should get the Blade Runner license and screw up that Harrison Ford sculpt too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back