Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really..? One looks like a doll the other looks like a small person. Just not the right person? That goes for both Luke and Indiana. Both are WAY ahead of SS. Both are far from being Bale great.

It's the best of times, and the worst of times.

I'd say Luke is a leap ahead, and Indy is just a step ahead. HT Indy is better that SS's, but nowhere near as good as what HT is doing now, and nothing near as good to support the price.

Edited to add: Even Indy's clothes are not up to par. They are ill-fitting and of questionable materials (the jacket). The pants are about the only thing I can say that look good.

Hot Toys sculpts are usually spot on or close enough, but this Indy, doesn't look that much to Harrison, so I will be passing unless it gets better. I've already got 2 1/6 versions plus a 1/4 version of Indy that are close. I need one that is dead on to spend that kind of $$.

Also i'm screwed either way. I pre order with alter ego months and months ago.. Rookie mistake I guess. Now if I cancel I get docked with a fee. So I am goin to bit the bullet on this and cringe Everytime I look at him with what could have been...

Just don't expect to ever criticize any other Hot Toys likeness without being reminded you bought this abomination.

Also i screwed either way. I pre order with alter ego months and months ago.. Rookie mistake I guess. Now if I cancel I get docked with a fee. So I am goin to bit the bullet on this and cringe Everytime I look at him with what could have been...

Don't feel bad about it. It's still a good figure, just not as good as it should be from HT compared to what they have now.

Rest assured that you can always sell it. HT figures' value rarely ever go down below their retail price. So at the very least you can get back what you paid for it.

I'd say Luke is a leap ahead, and Indy is just a step ahead. HT Indy is better that SS's, but nowhere near as good as what HT is doing now, and nothing near as good to support the price.

I have to agree with out a doubt. But is Luke worth a $250 price tag? Maybe higher with to 2 faces and outfits?? That is a big jump as well from SS prices.

Just don't expect to ever criticize any other Hot Toys likeness without being reminded you bought this abomination.

Yes I will eat crow for this. I gotta be honest this made me laugh. Because I can be highly critical but I guess will always remain short sighted.

My tag here should read "I own the dx Jones but who really owns me!?"

It's definitely a big jump in price from Sideshow's Luke. But I can see it being more worth it than HT Indy. Luke comes with 2 unique heads and outfits, plus that awesome antennae thing. Indy didn't feel worth the price because while they did include a second outfit, the pedestal was something Sideshow had already done and, in this case, did it better. It all just felt like a letdown from the first announcement to me.

Also i'm screwed either way. I pre order with alter ego months and months ago.. Rookie mistake I guess. Now if I cancel I get docked with a fee. So I am goin to bit the bullet on this and cringe Everytime I look at him with what could have been...
You'll probably like the figure once you get it in-hand. Problem is is how do you feel about spending $225+ on something you already have ill will for? I would just take the cancellation fees.

Well the announcement wasnt the let down. But I do get what you are saying. With everything you described that comes with a dx Luke the price is going to be HIGH!

Cancel your pre-orders and spend the money here by hiring all the talented customisers to revise the Indy goodies you already have.

CHEERS!

Yep!

With the money you save by not getting this, you can piecemeal whatever parts are worthy from this figure. Example, I'll be getting the shirt because the SS one sucks. Maybe the Map Room outfit if I can but its not critical to my display. A good Indy is critical. Now its clear I will need to bash one.

When I saw how much the Suit Up Gantry is up for on Sideshow's site I had to lose that from my Radar too. :(

But I will use the money saved from that and from this Indy to buy that absolutely beautiful Batmobile instead and be very happy with it.

You'll probably like the figure once you get it in-hand. Problem is is how do you feel about spending $225+ on something you already have ill will for? I would just take the cancellation fees.

The truth is I really want 1/6 jones and it was just that that got me into this I the first place. But I really didn't like any that were out there. I almost payed $60 for the SS just over year ago but didn't. I saw him in person and just couldn't except the look. To plastic, to doll looking? I don't know but then I saw what HT was doing and bought a couple of there figures (both T800's, Bruce, Iron Man a few others) and I was hooked. Now with is figure it isn't 100% but I will display it with pride. Close to $200 more than SS. But then again people won't be saying "why do you have a doll in the living room?" They'll just say "wow Shia looks awesome! So life like".

The truth is I really want 1/6 jones and it was just that that got me into this I the first place. But I really didn't like any that were out there. I almost payed $60 for the SS just over year ago but didn't. I saw him in person and just couldn't except the look. To plastic, to doll looking? I don't know but then I saw what HT was doing and bought a couple of there figures (both T800's, Bruce, Iron Man a few others) and I was hooked. Now with is figure it isn't 100% but I will display it with pride. Close to $200 more than SS. But then again people won't be saying "why do you have a doll in the living room?" They'll just say "wow Shia looks awesome! So life like".

No, they'll be saying you paid how much for Harrison's double!?:wink1:

I hear you, though. I don't need or want this version since I have SS's version. I'll hold out for the inevitable HT TOD. If the sculpt ends up getting improved (which I doubt) I'll just buy the head.

Wow, some of you guys crack me up! What has changed that is making people cancel at this point and not before?

So some guy pops in here and makes claims of a "Bale worthy" resculpt and people scramble to PO. He never claimed that it would be at SDCC. This is clearly the same prototype that was on display at the HT Anniversary show and the shop in Hong Kong, not a final production figure. What has changed?

Also, so many other better things have popped up that this just doesn't look as good anymore (if it ever did).

Also, so many other better things have popped up that this just doesn't look as good anymore (if it ever did).

And that's the main problem with this piece. To me, it's not a vast improvement over SS, and so many new items have been unveiled that it's lost some of its luster (if it had any to begin with). With what's been announced and shown this needed to "wow" folks who haven't PO'd this.

The fact is... the Indy figure will be out very soon... The stuff at SDCC... you'll be lucky to see any of that in 6 months time.

So much doom and gloom for this figure! I'm about ready to cancel my PO too....but it's with BBTS, so I think I have plenty of time to hold on until pics of the confirmed final release are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back