Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres still a chance to save Han!

tumblr_lkayqbc3Eg1qdkkxuo1_400.gif

I'm in the BBTS boat. Kind of glad I may not get this day one and have a chance to see in-hand pictures before I've really committed. I've been pretty happy with the figure since I preordered him in early June, but seeing pictures of the real thing has kind of brought my excitement down a bit. I'm not too picky on the clothes (the jacket I think looked better in the SDCC pics than the official ones), but between the hat and the headsculpt, I may end up saving my money. Harrison Ford and the hat are the two immediately recognizable features of the character, and both could use some work. Still holding out hope on some tweaks.

I don't think the sculpt is bad... maybe I'm crazy. :lol

I think it looks more accurate than the non battle damaged HT Luke, Sucker Punch Amber, HT Captain America (Evans likeness wise) and a few others.

I don't think the sculpt is bad... maybe I'm crazy. :lol

I think it looks more accurate than the non battle damaged HT Luke, Sucker Punch Amber, HT Captain America (Evans likeness wise) and a few others.

:cuckoo:

Just kidding!! :D

I didn't think the OG prototype was really that bad either, but on the other hand, it is a DX and IMO it's fair to judge those with a really (even more?) critical eye due to the cost and whatnot. Still, there's something just not quite right to me about the face and the way the fedora sits on the head.

Is there any HT rep at SDCC to conclusively answer the questions:

Is this the proto or final sculpt ?
Is an improved one on the way ?
When can we expect to see it ?

If no HT rep what about SS rep ?

Are there any SSF on the floor to present these simple questions ?

Eh, glad I have it on PO at BBTS. If this ends up being the figure we're getting, I'll just go ahead an cancel this and the Tanis Map Room. The SS Indy I have is good enough. Better sculpt, worse paints. With Hot Toys I'm expecting near perfection, and the more I look at that sculpt, the less I see it.

Ok, so I'm clearly in the minority here, but ever since the pics for this figure went up I've been nothing but excited for it...when I look at the sculpt I see Harrison Ford...do I think it's absolutely perfect? No. The hat seems like it might be a little off, but compared to every other sculpt and paint job I've seen out there, custom or production, it looks great...If I'm missing something and there is a sculpt AND paint job that look better than this Indy, please post a pic or a link...again, I know I'm one of the few who like it, but I think I have a pretty good eye for which sculpts match the actor and which ones don't, and I'm wondering why so many people are having issues with this one...

I could have sworn someone in the know posted that they had seen a new sculpt and it was on par with the new Bale head or was that all someone making ____ up?

I could have sworn someone in the know posted that they had seen a new sculpt and it was on par with the new Bale head or was that all someone making ____ up?

Wasn't the same guy who knew a guy who thought his sneak peak of Iron Monger was a Mk I re-release was it? In which case he probably also thought that figure in the hat standing behind a ship's rudder was the awesome Indy update.

I wonder if you can get around the non refundable deposit if you just let Sideshow ship it to you and then return it. Anyone have the scoop? If it stays the same that's probably what I'll end up doing.

Make of this what you will:

Hello R

Thanks for your support and interest in DX Indiana Jones of Hot Toys.

Figure will be improved by making fine adjustment.

Please keep visit our Facebook page to get our most updated news.

Thanks

Best Regards

KC/ Hot Toys Ltd

2011/7/22
Hi,
My understanding from HT and Arnie Kim was that the planned Indiana Jones figure was to go through revisions because of the outcry from fans
about the numerous problems with accuracy.
Yet it is the same prototype being displayed at SanDiego comic con and this figure is supposed to ship in a month.
Whats the truth?
Lots of friends are canceling the preorders they have because nothing has changed and there are too many other nice figures
coming out that are competing for our money. (Some from Hot Toys of course)
Please, can you confirm changes or will I be forced to cancel as well?

Thank You
R

--
Best Regards,
KC/ Hot Toys Ltd

It was Gruson who posted the following in this thread...

Confirmed today that the pics we have seen are NOT the final sculpt. We should see the new one very soon and from what I have heard, it is AMAZING...like Bale amazing! Cannot wait.

No reason not to believe him, he also said we would see the Nicholson Joker at SDCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back