Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm clearly in the minority here, but ever since the pics for this figure went up I've been nothing but excited for it...when I look at the sculpt I see Harrison Ford...do I think it's absolutely perfect? No. The hat seems like it might be a little off, but compared to every other sculpt and paint job I've seen out there, custom or production, it looks great...If I'm missing something and there is a sculpt AND paint job that look better than this Indy, please post a pic or a link...again, I know I'm one of the few who like it, but I think I have a pretty good eye for which sculpts match the actor and which ones don't, and I'm wondering why so many people are having issues with this one...

Welcome to the minority...it's very lonely here :wink1: I am still excited about this figure too, and have been since day one. If, when Indy arrives on my doorstep, he looks exactly like the one on display at SDCC I will be overjoyed.

Then again, what do I know? Everyone seems to be peeing their pants over the HT Luke and I don't think he looks THAT great.

Arnie Kim posted quite a while ago that he was re-working the sculpt. What we seldom appreciate, but someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, is that the sculpt has to be approved by the licensor, who may ask for more changes, etc, etc.

I'm looking forward to this very much...

Welcome to the minority...it's very lonely here :wink1: I am still excited about this figure too, and have been since day one. If, when Indy arrives on my doorstep, he looks exactly like the one on display at SDCC I will be overjoyed.

Then again, what do I know? Everyone seems to be peeing their pants over the HT Luke and I don't think he looks THAT great.

Welcome to the club!!!:clap:clap

Really looking forward to having him in hand.

It will be my first Hot Toys Figure. :yess:

It will be my forst HT figure as well. I think he looks really good in the pics over at Cool Toy Review...

IMG_0546.JPG

It will be my forst HT figure as well. I think he looks really good in the pics over at Cool Toy Review...

IMG_0546.JPG

And with the letter and conformation from Hot Toys that there will be tweaks and ect dated today thanks to Spartan Rex.:yess:

Looks like everyone will be happy....lol

Last edited:

I totally agree!! Everyone's ready to take Bespin Luke into a dark closet and have their way with him...and while I think the sculpt is pretty darn good, I don't think it's perfect by any means! I don't even think it's as good as the Bale sculpt...

I totally agree!! Everyone's ready to take Bespin Luke into a dark closet and have their way with him... and I don't even think it's as good as the Bale sculpt...

people are thinking its as good as the bale sculpt? no even close. funny thing is i think its equal to this ford sculpt. neither one is as spot on as i would like but its better than anything seen prior. someone said it best earlier... post some pic's (if you dare) of a better sculpt of either character. you wont find any, pretty sure of it.

It does look good. I'm happy with it, and all the better if they improve upon this.

people are thinking its as good as the bale sculpt? no even close. funny thing is i think its equal to this ford sculpt. neither one is as spot on as i would like but its better than anything seen prior. someone said it best earlier... post some pic's (if you dare) of a better sculpt of either character. you wont find any, pretty sure of it.

:exactly: Well said sir... I was thinking the same thing, neither are perfect but both are way better than any others i've seen, custom or production.

It seems the closer we get to the release the people that like the figure has taken over this thread. I still think it looks nothing like Ford. Yeah there is quality in the craftmanship as far as the way the figure is made but the likeness is so off its stunning. Not to mention that thick neck ugh.... As for that Bespin Luke the BD sculpt is amazing..blows this pc of crap out the water, now the regular sculpt could definitely use some attention.

It seems the closer we get to the release the people that like the figure has taken over this thread. I still think it looks nothing like Ford. Yeah there is quality in the craftmanship as far as the way the figure is made but the likeness is so off its stunning. Not to mention that thick neck ugh.... As for that Bespin Luke the BD sculpt is amazing..blows this pc of crap out the water, now the regular sculpt could definitely use some attention.

I can't think of any other ways to say it looks nothing like Ford, and I suspect neither can anyone else. Time for those who think it does look something like Ford to have a go :)

I can't think of any other ways to say it looks nothing like Ford, and I suspect neither can anyone else. Time for those who think it does look something like Ford to have a go :)

We have, and then we just get shot down, so what's the point of going round in circles? Look I agree it needs work, but I do see Ford in the sculpt. And that's all I got to say about the likeness until we see the production piece

We have, and then we just get shot down, so what's the point of going round in circles? Look I agree it needs work, but I do see Ford in the sculpt. And that's all I got to say about the likeness until we see the production piece

Folks who shoot you down are just jealous because they would love to see Ford in that sculpt. When people were having issues with the Reeve sculpt my only thought was, 'sucks to be them' :lol

...but I wish I could see Ford in that sculpt :(

I cant see Ford ether... Witch sucks because I want a good Indiana Jones piece in my collection I cant say this is it if doesnt even look like him to me...

I'm ordering this anyway, I like the look of this and this will probably become rare in the future. Hot Toys really did a good job with this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back