Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prototype was good enough for me to pre-order; if the final product is improved then that's just icing on the cake. All you guys who are canceling your orders are only increasing the value of mine. Sure, the likeness is slightly off when compared to 89 Joker/Bale/T2/Sparrow and most others, but I'm displaying the FULL figure, not an extreme close-up. There is absolutely no denying that it's Indiana Jones. (which is what I'm displaying, NOT Harrison Ford)

I'll keep this version until a Temple of Doom version comes out... Which in my opinion is the quintessential Indy, although it's my least favorite of the trilogy. Crystal Skulls was an abomination and doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't decided on weither I will keep upgrading my SS ROTLA or start over with the Hot Toys version. I do know I will be using the head on the left. In my opinion an Indiana Jones figure that doesn't look like Harrison Ford is an epic fail, regardless of what company makes it.

Indiana_Repaints_01.jpg

I haven't decided on weither I will keep upgrading my SS ROTLA or start over with the Hot Toys version. I do know I will be using the head on the left. In my opinion an Indiana Jones figure that doesn't look like Harrison Ford is an epic fail, regardless of what company makes it.

Indiana_Repaints_01.jpg

Now for me I can see some Ford in that left sculpt, but you would be better off sticking with the right one

It was Gruson who posted the following in this thread...

No reason not to believe him, he also said we would see the Nicholson Joker at SDCC.

He really had me going. Part of me still hopes he's right and HT is so proud of the secret sculpt that they're waiting until tonight to unveil it.

Part of me still hopes he's right and HT is so proud of the secret sculpt that they're waiting until tonight to unveil it.

Yeah maybe they were so in stitches that SSC displayed 4-LOM between Boba Fett and Bespin Luke that they decided to join in the fun with the old Indy sculpt.

I hope Gruson is right, too.

He's a longtime serious collector, has his own Showcase Display Room with amazing stuff.

So, hopefully we are not all "Making this up as we go". :)

I can't think of any other ways to say it looks nothing like Ford, and I suspect neither can anyone else. Time for those who think it does look something like Ford to have a go :)

He's got a scar in the right place on his chin. :hi5:

In my opinion an Indiana Jones figure that doesn't look like Harrison Ford is an epic fail, regardless of what company makes it.

Indiana_Repaints_01.jpg

Epic is a little strong but I agree with you that both of these fail as well.

I think it looks worse actually... the face shape is weird... oh well, what can yo do?

Oh yeah, not have Arnie Kim sculpt anything but Bruce Lee from here on out.

M.

It was Gruson who posted the following in this thread...

No reason not to believe him, he also said we would see the Nicholson Joker at SDCC.

Just passing my intel so it may not be 100% correct all the time...

It was right on Joker, Batmobile, and Iron Monger though.

Passing intel is kind of like passing gas .. Everyone stops what they are doing only to find out you are full of $h!t.

It's the best sculpt produced so far and still way better than any other sculpts I've seen posted...it will sell out. The people who don't like the sculpt are just louder, that's all.

It's the best sculpt produced so far and still way better than any other sculpts I've seen posted...it will sell out. The people who don't like the sculpt are just louder, that's all.

This is far from true. In fact many feel the sst toy sculpt is superior, unforunatly it sufffers from sst' s horrible paint apps. Peeps critical of the scuplt have a point, it doesnt look like indy and for the price your payin it should. If you dont mind givin your $200+ to ht for an inferior product, then go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back