Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold out at Toy Hunters means nothing and certainly does not mean in any way that there is a 2nd newer headsculpt. It still looks exactly the same to me.

It could be sold out because its selling so poorly they decided to just close out what orders they have and not order any more from Hot Toys. They have to order batches of x product, maybe 100 figures at a time and they may have decided they couldn't sell another pallet.

Otherwise it means they sold more of this then most of the other figures they display like Jack Sparrow who looks literally 100 times better which I do not believe for a second.

:goodpost::lecture

I don't see any difference in the "new" headsculpts, I doubt it's any different to what we've always seen. If so, they wouldn't be hiding a new sculpt in head robes.

:dunno

It looks like there may be subtle differences, it might actually be the new head we've been waiting for.
Then again it may just be the angle or the lighting or both

I didn't bother taking better pictures. Its the same thing at Comic-Con and HK Anime Con. Theres tons of those already.

Just want to say one more time.

The guy at the store said the 2 sculpts are not the same thing. They didn't take the original and make copies. Those 2 heads on display were seperately sculpted, seperately painted. Whether it still looks the same to you is your opinion. I don't think Cairo Indy even has PERS come to think of it.

They just said the final will not be any of the 2 heads on display since its still a work in progress not finalized. They will work on it until they have it down to what they want and just release it.

All i know is, for me in Hong Kong, I'm glad i pre-ordered already. I don't have the option of pre-ordering AFTER I see in hand pics. It probably didn't sell well, so they are lowering the production quanitity. But, if they did what they did with BLADE, release finalized HS pics a week before release, it will be too late for me (that was also Sold Out early, i went to pre-order immediately after the pics came out... failed). You guys can comfortably order online, while i have to take time to go all the way to their store to place orders. Oh the agony of making the trip there to come out empty handed.

On another note, if i was a super Indy fan, i would have got this regardless. I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan, DX04 didn't look and still looks nothing like him to me. I basically bought him for the accessories and background. I got him anyways and i don't regret it. Wouldn't it be the same for Indy fans?

I'm asian. DX04 looks like Bruce to you guys, DX05 looks like Ford to me.
To all their own. *sigh* This thread has mostly become a support group for grieving Indy collectors.

People, people, people.... don't you be stressin' over which head is which 'cause HT is going to bring this baby out with an awesome revised sculpt that will make everyone forget about whether there were two crap heads or just the one crap head.

..unless you're cool with the existing head - or maybe cool with the second head but not the first, if you thought there were two in the first place... or... ah forget it. Carry on.

:lol :rotfl:lol Awesome. Except I'm half Asian and half white. DX04 looks halfway like Bruce to me, and DX05 looks halfway like Ford.

On another note, if i was a super Indy fan, i would have got this regardless. I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan, DX04 didn't look and still looks nothing like him to me. I basically bought him for the accessories and background. I got him anyways and i don't regret it. Wouldn't it be the same for Indy fans?

To all their own. *sigh* This thread has mostly become a support group for grieving Indy collectors.

Are you saying we all look the same? :wink1:

People, people, people.... don't you be stressin' over which head is which 'cause HT is going to bring this baby out with an awesome revised sculpt that will make everyone forget about whether there were two crap heads or just the one crap head.

..unless you're cool with the existing head - or maybe cool with the second head but not the first, if you thought there were two in the first place... or... ah forget it. Carry on.

:lol :rotfl:lol Awesome. Except I'm half Asian and half white. DX04 looks halfway like Bruce to me, and DX05 looks halfway like Ford.

I'm half Asian and half white as well....DX04 looks 85% like BL and DX05
looks 15% like Ford....:wave:wave:wave

LOL!

The second head is easily explained, SSC wanted one quick for promo shoots for the Map Room set. They did a quick cast, hence no PERS and any differences in the face are just as it came out of the mould. Without the robes on that head is probably as rough as hell. As for the chin being more exposed in some shots than others, that's just the guys on the stand or at the shop picking him up and moving him!

If this was a complete new production head they would have put loads of unrobed pics up on FB and wherever to satisfy us that the job was in hand.

Just remember that there has at no point been any official word about this second sculpt. It's a promo head rushed out so they could put stuff together for shows and other promos.

There's far too much reading between the lines in this thread. Official word from HT is the only fact we should be concerning ourselves with.

CHEERS!

Pics are great, yet seeing this piece in person makes all the difference. Awesome accessories n lookin' good from all angles. Cool piece. He needs to be placed side by side with a Hot Toys Henry Jones! :clap

LOL!

The second head is easily explained, SSC wanted one quick for promo shoots for the Map Room set. They did a quick cast, hence no PERS and any differences in the face are just as it came out of the mould. Without the robes on that head is probably as rough as hell. As for the chin being more exposed in some shots than others, that's just the guys on the stand or at the shop picking him up and moving him!

If this was a complete new production head they would have put loads of unrobed pics up on FB and wherever to satisfy us that the job was in hand.

Just remember that there has at no point been any official word about this second sculpt. It's a promo head rushed out so they could put stuff together for shows and other promos.

There's far too much reading between the lines in this thread. Official word from HT is the only fact we should be concerning ourselves with.

CHEERS!

Let me highlight the part you fail to mention just because you seem to thrive on negativity when it comes to this figure. I wil be the first to say all I know is that I don't know what it will look like in the end, and the same goes to anybody else who does not work for Hot Toys

I didn't bother taking better pictures. Its the same thing at Comic-Con and HK Anime Con. Theres tons of those already.

Just want to say one more time.

The guy at the store said the 2 sculpts are not the same thing. They didn't take the original and make copies. Those 2 heads on display were seperately sculpted, seperately painted. Whether it still looks the same to you is your opinion. I don't think Cairo Indy even has PERS come to think of it.

They just said the final will not be any of the 2 heads on display since its still a work in progress not finalized. They will work on it until they have it down to what they want and just release it.

All i know is, for me in Hong Kong, I'm glad i pre-ordered already. I don't have the option of pre-ordering AFTER I see in hand pics. It probably didn't sell well, so they are lowering the production quanitity. But, if they did what they did with BLADE, release finalized HS pics a week before release, it will be too late for me (that was also Sold Out early, i went to pre-order immediately after the pics came out... failed). You guys can comfortably order online, while i have to take time to go all the way to their store to place orders. Oh the agony of making the trip there to come out empty handed.

As you see BOTH heads are not final, so the one that comes out in production will look different to both of these.

I wouldn't say that I thrive on the negativity, I merely comment on it as it's what makes up the vast majority of the thread.

Until HT themselves, ie the people that do actually know the score, deliver hard facts then negativity is all that there will be.

CHEERS!

I wouldn't say that I thrive on the negativity, I merely comment on it as it's what makes up the vast majority of the thread.

Until HT themselves, ie the people that do actually know the score, deliver hard facts then negativity is all that there will be.

CHEERS!

Toy Hunters is owned by Hot Toys, so they know the score

The way I understand production a prototype has to go to the factory. The factory then presents a sample of the finished product for approval before the actual production begins. It seems like this figure must be in production already given the estimated time that it will ship to retailers. It would have been in Hot Toys best interest to show the final head sculpt before preorders closed to enhance sales. They could have easily cast a copy or copies of the final head and displayed them at SDCC like most other companies do. The blind faith that some people are showing in this thread leads companies to become over confident and they put less effort into their products. I hope everyone is able to get an Indy they are happy with.

^ that makes sense actually. I mean, in Blade's case, they don't have any events (like anicon or SDCC) to show it off, so they came with the revised head by surprise. But if they do have the new improved head, they would surely put it at the events, to attach more buyers. If they don't have the new head already, I don't think there's enough time for production, based on the release schedule time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back