Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the same head, the eyes are looking in a differant direction and the scarf hides how misshaped his head looks without it and how goofy the hat looks.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSUiE6YGxLM&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSUiE6YGxLM&feature=related[/ame]

I don't think Rorywan is contradicting himself. He's saying he WANTS a great, Hot Toys quality Indy, but is terribly disappointed that Hot Toys has let him (and many others) down.

I agree the Cairo disguise one is a bit of an improvement, but neither of those sculpts are great. If that is indeed the final sculpt, then that is still disappointing because it's still not as good as anything else Hot Toys has been doing in the past year.

We're all after the same thing. We want the perfect Indy that we THOUGHT Hot Toys could do. Maybe they'll get him right when they do a TOD Indy!

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Different heads for sure. Simple to see the revised one has smaller eye openings. Looks good.

I agree the Cairo disguise one is a bit of an improvement, but neither of those sculpts are great. If that is indeed the final sculpt, then that is still disappointing because it's still not as good as anything else Hot Toys has been doing in the past year.

This may or may not be true but it is still the best 1/6th Indy to date IMO.

In that side by side pic, it's obvious that his nose is shaped differently. It has that classic Ford bend to it now.

Picture84-1.png

Hmmm, nope, sorry. Not obvious in spite of being in boldface. If it were obvious we wouldn't be discussing it.

To me (mark my words, to me, not trying to convince anyone), it's still the same sculpt. Same nose, same "eye openings" (as Gruson put it), same everything. Different lighting, different angle, different eye direction, different pic quality though.

But I'll stop at that, this got silly longtime ago indeed. :)

If anything, the left-hand pic looks better to me, so that would hardly make the one on the right an improvement. Again, to me. :monkey1

Last edited:
Picture84-1.png

Hmmm, nope, sorry. Not obvious in spite of being in boldface. If it were obvious we wouldn't be discussing it.

To me (mark my words, to me, not trying to convince anyone), it's still the same sculpt. Same nose, same "eye openings" (as Gruson put it), same everything. Different lighting, different angle, different eye direction, different pic quality though.

But I'll stop at that, this got silly longtime ago indeed. :)

If anything, the left-hand pic looks better to me, so that would hardly make the one on the right an improvement. Again, to me. :monkey1

Yeah, this thread "nuked the fridge" fasther than KOTCS a long ways back.
I dunno, I think the nose looks different, but I can see how that could be lighting/angles, etc.
I think we can all agree that until we get this thing in hand, the debate will (unfortunately) continue. :peace

Also, sorry about the boldface thing. I was trying to fit in, as it were. Savvy?

Yeah, this thread "nuked the fridge" fasther than KOTCS a long ways back.
I dunno, I think the nose looks different, but I can see how that could be lighting/angles, etc.
I think we can all agree that until we get this thing in hand, the debate will (unfortunately) continue. :peace

Also, sorry about the boldface thing. I was trying to fit in, as it were. Savvy?

Awww, come here and give me a hug! :1-1: ;-)

Ive given up on this debate (and this thread). Ive been happy and content with what HT has shown of this figure so far and will have him proudly displayed in my collection. I see Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in the sculpt. Those that cant see it wont ever see it and thats not my problem. :)

I just cant wait to get this guy in my hands and on my shelf!! Its been a long time coming!!

Ive given up on this debate (and this thread). Ive been happy and content with what HT has shown of this figure so far and will have him proudly displayed in my collection. I see Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in the sculpt. Those that cant see it wont ever see it and thats not my problem. :)

I just cant wait to get this guy in my hands and on my shelf!! Its been a long time coming!!

:goodpost::exactly::peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back