Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we need to hear from someone who has the final production figure in-hand, that's who we need to hear from.

Damn straight, nothing else needs to be said until this figure is out & in people's hands, I'm really shocked at how this thread has kept simmering away on the back of pictures that show what appears to bea exactly the same sculpts that everyone saw back in December 2010 !.

this thread has kept simmering away on the back of pictures that show what appears to be exactly the same sculpts that everyone saw back in December 2010 !.

:lol

Yes, true. I see Belloq in your sig and he has my expression.

Strange that HT seems to have said 'they're working on it' yet nothing has been shown in all that time.

Anyway -- in-hand pics should be coming very soon, like end of this month if this figure is really on schedule.

And those pics I just can't wait for. :D

In defense of HT, when they know something is wrong, they do something about it.

5400_115972272343_58690437343_2723305_1858299_n.jpg

While this TS one was a manufacturing/paint issue, not a sculpt issue, they went to all kinds of lengths to improve it.

And they are not the most transparent company in terms of updating fans regularly and clearly - they have in the past simply released a revised sculpt without any prior word, and reissued headsculpts after release when quality wasn't up to their standards, which is pretty extreme.

FYI, Australian website Case Fresh, whose product release dates are always 100% dependable/accurate (and have product in-hand very quickly from Asia,) has this week revised the release date for DX Indy from August to October.

FYI, Australian website Case Fresh, whose product release dates are always 100% dependable/accurate (and have product in-hand very quickly from Asia,) has this week revised the release date for DX Indy from August to October.

Ha! I knew it. People will argue about the delay but its clear that some delay is happening here -- not because of this announcement (just one more indication) but mostly because we haven't seen the in-hand pics that we always see a month before we get ours in hand (which, if we saw pics tomorrow, would already push this deep into September) so October seems highly likely.

:exactly:
In defense of HT, when they know something is wrong, they do something about it.

unfortunately they sometimes perform those tweaks on later releases of the same figure. Such as the 4 Batman Begins releases, the 4 or 5 Jokers, and the multiple releases of the same Iron Man versions to mention a few. It's kind of disappointing buying a good figure only to have HT rerelease a better version a few months later. Some of us are on a tight budget.

I thought someone said this figure was SOLD OUT? I just checked 3-4 retailers I frequent and they all have this figure still available for preorder. Is it just sold out in Asia?

:exactly:

unfortunately they sometimes perform those tweaks on later releases of the same figure. Such as the 4 Batman Begins releases, the 4 or 5 Jokers, and the multiple releases of the same Iron Man versions to mention a few. It's kind of disappointing buying a good figure only to have HT rerelease a better version a few months later. Some of us are on a tight budget.

But if this doesnt sell well do we believe the demand will be there for HT to make a TOD jones? It might one and done. They have plenty other licences that kill right now.

5400_115972272343_58690437343_2723305_1858299_n.jpg

While this TS one was a manufacturing/paint issue, not a sculpt issue, they went to all kinds of lengths to improve it.

And they are not the most transparent company in terms of updating fans regularly and clearly - they have in the past simply released a revised sculpt without any prior word, and reissued headsculpts after release when quality wasn't up to their standards, which is pretty extreme.

exactly, I trust HT enough to resolve this problem.

I thought someone said this figure was SOLD OUT? I just checked 3-4 retailers I frequent and they all have this figure still available for preorder. Is it just sold out in Asia?

As far as I know, it is only sold out at Toy Hunters in HK (which is odd, being closely affiliated with HT as they are.) It seems widely available online for preorder.

The official confirmation of a two month delay to me says that there is definitely a rework of the sculpt in progress, making what was shown at SDCC and Ani-Com immaterial.

I think all of this talk of two sculpts being shown has created a storm in a teacup (yes, this forum is a teacup...) Even if those two shown are different (which, based solely on images, they are not,) neither is the revised/reworked sculpt so not worth discussing.

But if this doesnt sell well do we believe the demand will be there for HT to make a TOD jones? It might one and done. They have plenty other licences that kill right now.

The reason I pre-ordered the muscular body. Just in case.

That TOD Indy (presumably designed for release with the SSC Mine Cart/Shorty) would be a sad one to lose out on.

If Harrison Ford did a cameo in Iron Man 3, HT would do three different sculpt variations of him.

you can still find it over here (states) but probably not for long?

If they make adjustments, then you're probably right. If not, then I expect there to be plenty available with cancelations.

The fact that Toy Hunters has that sold out sign so prominently displayed would indicate to me that HT is not expecting to reveal the 'new' headsculpt and doesn't feel that it will generate any further sales, so they've ended it.

I am excited about the MMS Indy they will offer next year though. That's gonna rock!

They probably stopped selling them cause of all the cancelations. Maybe with the release date coming up so quickly (within 2 months) they are done with the tweaking and have started production. Afraid that there will be more cancelations once pics/word gets out. But I can't believe that to be true. HT has a reputation to uphold and jones is an iconic figure. They have to at least hit a triple if not out of the park. Out of the park would be nice (bale, jack, johnny) but a standing triple would be something they could be proud of. Actually johnnys js for some is just a triple. That would be fine for me.

Where'd you hear about an MMS Indy next year? Link please.

:lol sucka

Joking, dude. But watch, they'll make a better one later and get more of your money.

They probably stopped selling them cause of all the cancelations. Maybe with the release date coming up so quickly (within 2 months) they are done with the tweaking and have started production. Afraid that there will be more cancelations once pics/word gets out. But I can't believe that to be true. HT has a reputation to uphold and jones is an iconic figure. They have to at least hit a triple if not out of the park. Out of the park would be nice (bale, jack, johnny) but a standing triple would be something they could be proud of. Actually johnnys js for some is just a triple. That would be fine for me.

I'm still hoping just like everyone else here. I can't imagine anything better than a perfect Ford Indy on my shelf. I getting Sparrow, I'll get Batman... now come on, just need Indy!

Why would another Indy bother you?

TOD Indy would only be more selection.... and if the Tracker predator came with a dog, then TOD Indy can come with short round.

... and 5 shankra stones Dr jones,

plus one monkey brains dessert...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back