Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they end up doing a TOD, it prolly would be a better figure...

But this is ROTLA, so for me, as long as the sculpt is decent, I'm in. And October indicates the sculpt tweaks are done and this is now FINALLY going into production.

I don't get the logic in this thread. For one, people claim the Sold Out sign has been put there because of cancellations, Eh?
Next people who claim this will be a bad seller, actually think Hot Toys will make a Temple of Doom if this one flops?

What makes anyone think the DX will be the definitive, perfect Indy? Look at the Joker, it took them 3 attempts to get him right and all 3 were released.

I really hope you do all get the Indy you've been dreaming of, but, it might not be this one.

I do agree with Dino though, there have been aspects of this thread that haven't been entirely logical. Even Leonard Nimoy would need therapy!

CHEERS!

What makes anyone think the DX will be the definitive, perfect Indy? Look at the Joker, it took them 3 attempts to get him right and all 3 were released.

I really hope you do all get the Indy you've been dreaming of, but, it might not be this one.

I do agree with Dino though, there have been aspects of this thread that haven't been entirely logical. Even Leonard Nimoy would need therapy!

CHEERS!

This might be the only Hot Toys Indy if it sells poorly. Joker has always been a big seller, even the version 1 with the awful headsculpt. I still say the Bank robber has the best sculpt out of the 3 (Remember it will be 4 soon). Another thing is Temple of doom is not a Sideshow figure, so I am not sure what happens there. I remember they only redone the T2 figures that Sideshow had made already. The Toy fair EX Sarah was a mixture of the two they had made already

Yeah, I guess not all Indy fans can be connoseurs when it comes to figures, but, I thought that DX's were supposed to cater for those that are. This one isn't even an entree yet.

CHEERS!

Lol I'm rooting for this one to sell well even though I don't think it's up to standards (and I'm passing on it), just so HT will make a TOD Indy!

Although I get the feeling that even if HT doesn't make the TOD Indy, Sideshow might. Those new GI Joe sculpted arms would be perfect for TOD Indy.

CHEERS!

but the definitive Indy is the ROTLA Indy no? I mean they can make all the jones but I don't want an old looking one. I would only take the tie off the 3rd one. Ya I think it's a cool look with his sleeve ripped off and all but would he still come with a gun then? No matter what they do in the future what I would and am now dreaming of is a HT raiders of the lost ark Indiana jones! That is the look.

Ps- I left ur sig :wink1:

That's a good point, Chubs. This Indy DX is as definitive as it gets for ROTLA Indy. They have all the scenes covered, as far as outfits--even the Arab disguise. The only "looks" left would be professor Indy and German disguise Indy, and neither of those would justify re-releasing the leather jacket Indy along with them.

You know what? I just changed my mind. I can totally see HT re-releasing this Indy and maybe replacing the Arab disguise with either professor Indy or German Indy garb. After all, who would have thought they would re-release the Joker with his regular outfit plus the cop uniform?

Of course that would depend on how well this one sells.

Last edited:
That's a good point, Chubs. This Indy DX is as definitive as it gets for ROTLA Indy. They have all the scenes covered, as far as outfits--even the Arab disguise. The only "looks" left would be professor Indy and German disguise Indy, and neither of those would justify re-releasing the leather jacket Indy along with them.

You know what? I just changed my mind. I can totally see HT re-releasing this Indy and maybe replacing the Arab disguise with either professor Indy or German Indy garb. After all, who would have thought they would re-release the Joker with his regular outfit plus the cop uniform?

Of course that would depend on how well this one sells.

If they did that I would probably buy it as well. But that would make it a dx 2.0. Starting to look bad for HT if they have to start redoing their dx line already. I know the joker and I know it's all about money but I will turn my cheek if it's just money. And no not my but check so I can take it either!!

-

I changed my mind too. Their quality of product is like lube... I just might need a LOT of it!?!!

Just got back from the sideshow image thread of there 1/6 jones. There r some pretty nice pics over there. Can't wait for some HT pics to put a even bigger smile on my face. Getting closer only makes one more impatient.

sideshow and hot toys went all out on this Indy, Hot Toys making it a DX, and then Sideshow making the Tanis Map Room, a lot of money was invested and if they sell poorly I doubt we will see more Hot Toys Indy figures which would be a shame.

I passed on this mainly because I have the PF Raiders figure and don't need a 12" to go with it, but I would probably buy a TOD figure and for sure would buy the HG figure. But as it has been said, if this one doesn't sell well why would they invest more money on future figures (except that they already have the license and might want to try to master the Harrison Ford head sculpt before the Star Wars figure comes out).

Hmm. Looks like this is actually getting pushed back a month from the original release date.

Just got a FlexPay e-mail from Sideshow:

"Dear Valued Customer,

It’s almost that time! Your Flex Pay schedule for the Indiana Jones DX 1:6 scale figure - Raiders of the Lost Ark (MFG# DX05] (item # 901264FLEX) will begin on August 25, 2011. Please be sure that funds are available on the credit card submitted with this order, so that your payments can be processed appropriately.

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Item: Indiana Jones DX 1:6 scale figure - Raiders of the Lost Ark (MFG# DX05] ($249.99)

NRD (Non-Refundable Deposit): $25.00 per item
August 25, 2011: $75.00
September 25, 2011: $75.00
October 25, 2011: $74.99"

Which is curious, since I'm pretty sure the first payment was already deducted from my credit card on JULY 25th. Oh well. That just means they'll charge me this month, skip September, and charge me the remaining balance in October. That's usually how these things go.

I wonder if this is just a run-of-the-mill production/distribution delay or if this is an indication that some additional work is being done. Hmm ...

Here's hoping! :pray:

Well, well, well! Looks like we should be seeing in hand pics in a month or two! I can finally figure out what I'll be buying for the rest of 2011... Even if they just fixed the overall fit of the hat I think I'd be in.... Still, I'm praying for a better sculpt. :pray:

Hmm. Looks like this is actually getting pushed back a month from the original release date.

Just got a FlexPay e-mail from Sideshow:

"Dear Valued Customer,

It’s almost that time! Your Flex Pay schedule for the Indiana Jones DX 1:6 scale figure - Raiders of the Lost Ark (MFG# DX05] (item # 901264FLEX) will begin on August 25, 2011. Please be sure that funds are available on the credit card submitted with this order, so that your payments can be processed appropriately.

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Item: Indiana Jones DX 1:6 scale figure - Raiders of the Lost Ark (MFG# DX05] ($249.99)

NRD (Non-Refundable Deposit): $25.00 per item
August 25, 2011: $75.00
September 25, 2011: $75.00
October 25, 2011: $74.99"

Which is curious, since I'm pretty sure the first payment was already deducted from my credit card on JULY 25th. Oh well. That just means they'll charge me this month, skip September, and charge me the remaining balance in October. That's usually how these things go.

I wonder if this is just a run-of-the-mill production/distribution delay or if this is an indication that some additional work is being done. Hmm ...

Here's hoping! :pray:

thanks man! very helpful

Let's hope HK release next month, can't wait to see in hand pics!!!!

Guess I should have posted about the flexpay dates earlier. Ibthiught it was common knowledge (never knew it was up for preorder so far in advance) According to the emails I got yesterday, Batman Bruce Wayne and Indy should have last payment on Oct. 25 during Spooktacular. Captain America and Jack Sparrow are for Oct. 10.

October and December seem to have a ton coming out. Only thing else in between for me is a Commander Bly in September! I honestly love that... My two favorite holidays as a kid were Halloween and Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back