Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Alter Ego Comics website:

Orders may be cancelled within 14 days of placing your order. After 14 days, a 10% cancellation fee will be charged on all cancelled items. Once an item is in transit to Alter Ego Comics from the manufacturer, no cancellations will be allowed. This policy only applies to pre-order items.

I have ordered from Alter Ego Comics multiple times and they have always been great. I understand the need for something like this in place.

do they have a NRD? I might preorder with them...

I'm all for nit-picking the hell out of this figure. I agree, at this price-point, it needs to be the best damn Indy figure EVER, out of the box.

saw it tonight for the first time and thought it was manufactured by the company that produced the recent farm boy luke release SSC was selling as the sculpt was slightly off

Was extremely suprised to see HT's name against this !

Wasnt a big Indy fan to start but that sculpts not up to HT's usual standard

$250? I think for what I'm seeing and I actually like it for the most part, it's just no worth the cost. Considering I can get a full 1:6 scale vehicle with figure for only $50 more in both Marvel and TRON I just can't justify the cost.

Hot Toys and Medicom have both freakin' lost their minds.

How long until Sideshow follows?

I'm ok with the head sculpt and I'm even ok with the fact that the hat doesn't sit well on his head. I'm not ok with paying $250 for this figure, though. No more than $200 is justified here. I'll stick with my sideshow Indy.

I don't think the hat will be adjustable. It seems as though it will just attach like the hairpiece.

I think you're right. Otherwise there wouldn't be the extra non-hatted "wig."

Doesn't that mean its easy for them to fix it?
If thats all it is, all they have to do is cut the 'hatted hair sculpt' lower?

And there is no downside to them doing that because its not like you use that particular hairpiece for anything else.

Arnie Kim and Hot Toys are aware of the hat issue and are looking at it.

I'll be shocked if they address all the inaccuracies with this figure. There just seem to be too many. :(

also, for those that don't mind paying in advance, there are some extremely good deals on ebay at the moment for this.

I'll be shocked if they address all the inaccuracies with this figure. There just seem to be too many. :(

Well, HT usually does a great job of fixing things but the thing that worries me is there seems to be FAR more than normal the amount of things to fix.

Agreed, Josh. no doubt they will address the head sculpt to some degree, who knows though if it will be as spot on as Trev's.

The other bits are what have me concerned. Sure one could replace that hat with a more accurate fedora, replace the gunbelt, holster, jacket and such, but at $250 it should be a lot closer to perfect out of the box.

Right and by having these issues you wonder how many sales they may have lost.

Thats the thing for the cost of this product, issues, other items coming out, and if you want to tweak SS version it needed to be much closer to perfect.

163678_488155417343_58690437343_6403175_6104612_n.jpg

So does the hat in the corner connect to he head?? Or go over a hairstyle, and we get an additional hairstyle aswell??

From this pic the hat doesnt look as though it has a partial hair piece underneath.

Very comfusing, because if the hat connects to his head then it doesnt look like it can be pushed further down his head. :(

The hat and map room turban are seperate hats. Indy has two seperate hair pieces for each of those hats. 1 for the classic hat and 1 for the turban.

So does the hat in the corner connect to he head?? Or go over a hairstyle, and we get an additional hairstyle aswell??
The hat doesnt look as though it has a partial hair piece underneath.
Yeah, I think that there is no speshl hairpiece for hat.

kkut6tku.jpg

I still love this sculpt & all (exept the body choiz)

6tt87.jpg

The hat and map room turban are seperate hats. Indy has two seperate hair pieces for each of those hats. 1 for the classic hat and 1 for the turban.

Cheers!

I double checked the item info and it says...

Two (2) hair styles, including one (1) for wearing fedora and one (1) for wearing headscarf

One (1) brown fedora

So you should be able to pose him with two different hairstyles, hatless, we've seen the Headscarf hair without the headscarf on, so we should be able to pose him in the fedora hair without the fedora on and since the hat is removable we should be able to push the hat down further, however for some reason HT didnt showcase both hairstyles in the Specs pics, odd

Hmmm... so what a hairstyle we can see in this pic?

167514_488155237343_58690437343_6403172_2157210_n.jpg

Is it the one for fedora or for scarf?
Specs didnt answer on it Im0...

The problems that i see offhand...

1. The jacket needs to be darker or weathered.
2. Hat needs to be able to go lower (looks like a tophat)
3. Face could be a bit longer.

I've seen people gripe about the belt but that doesnt bother me, the culpt is good, love the beard and it does look like indy.

Other than that i love him and am strongly leaning towards pre-ordering. Would of done if not for that NRD, will have to wait already had a statue and figure this month, plus the import dutues to pay on four items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back