Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right and by having these issues you wonder how many sales they may have lost.

Thats the thing for the cost of this product, issues, other items coming out, and if you want to tweak SS version it needed to be much closer to perfect.

I don't think it matters. With the HT fanboys seeing no issues and preordering regardless, that'll be more justification for them to say he's "close enough." They might have another stab at how the hat piece fits on the head, but that won't do anything to address the lack of a Ford likeness.

Hmmm... so what a hairstyle we can see in this pic?

167514_488155237343_58690437343_6403172_2157210_n.jpg

Is it the one for fedora or for scarf?
Specs didnt answer on it Im0...

I'm guessing he has two hairpieces. One for a non-hat and one for a hatted version. The non-hatted would be on the left with the hatted version under the hat (which I think might be more of a generic cover for the PERS than an actual hairpiece).

Hmmm... so what a hairstyle we can see in this pic?

167514_488155237343_58690437343_6403172_2157210_n.jpg

Is it the one for fedora or for scarf?
Specs didnt answer on it Im0...

I'd say it's the one for the fedora actually, if you look to the upper left of his left eyebrow the streaks of hair are the same, it looks like the fedora is shadowing the streak of hair above his right eyebrow. So it seems we haven't seen what the Headscarf hair looks like without the headscarf.

163258_488155382343_58690437343_6403174_5667546_n.jpg

The above image: it seems to have the same hair except for the bit of hair above the left eye, but that might be there just not visible in the pic.

The top image says inter-changable hair Styles, which i define as two different looks

So i think this is how it is...

1. Hairpiece to be displayed solo or with Fedora
1. Hairpiece to be displayed solo or with Headscarf

I don't think it matters. With the HT fanboys seeing no issues and preordering regardless, that'll be more justification for them to say he's "close enough." They might have another stab at how the hat piece fits on the head, but that won't do anything to address the lack of a Ford likeness.

Even fanboys will have a think, if only for the NRD on this item, for me i think it does look like a young Ford, not perfect but what is?? If i get him i wont be displaying him next to a screenshot still from the movie :)

Last edited:
With the HT fanboys seeing no issues and preordering regardless, that'll be more justification for them to say he's "close enough."

Sigh. You may be right. I've read far too many "I know 'x' is off or inaccurate but I don't care" type of comments. Some, it seems, either don't know what to look for in this costume or simply don't care if it is off. :thud:

Yeah, you're gonna have some that will be ok with it no matter what. Some things you can go ok thats not a big deal but when they mount up on something like this at this price its crazy.

This thread is going to be 1000 pages long within a month or two- interest is high, pro or con!

Didnt even know this aws put up for preorder yesterday. I gotta say I dont see Harrison at all in this, seems really off with sharp features. Will wait for more updated prod pics to adjust changes, but for now hes an easy pass.

I think the gun and the map room attire might be the only thing worth it from this. Down right, this thing sucks. I hate to be so extreme and an internet whiner but God they just dropped the ball on the damn thing. HT are the kings and one of the most important licenses they ever got and it;s got to be the worst looking figure ive seen out of them in the last 3 years.

Not Harrison Ford? Lack of Ford Likeness? Man, I might need glasses cause I do see a very strong, almost 100% ressemblance to the actor who plays the lead role in the Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark movie.

I might be confusing him with a recent remake maybe? I'm not sure.

With the increase in price comes the increase in the hate posts. This isn't being released til the third quarter so there's plenty of time for refinement.:peace

the figure looks amazing and I know hot toys will fix some of the problems.

is just a prototype people relax

we need Constructive Criticism not figure bashing.

:slap

I would agree with you except they are asking for a Non Refundable deposit on an item that they are not quite sure that they are finished with

With the increase in price comes the increase in the hate posts. This isn't being released til the third quarter so there's plenty of time for refinement.:peace

+1 for illiteracy! If you'd bothered to read the posts, there's no hate posting. People are venting frustration at HT for creating a lot of hype over what they consider a "dream license" and then not only releasing a figure with a shoddy likeness and innumerable errors, but slapping a $250 price tag on it. From what I've seen, all of us "haters" aren't hating but were hoping for something at least worthy of the best 1:6 company on the market. Especially for the record high DX price. :huh

Last edited:
Not Harrison Ford? Lack of Ford Likeness? Man, I might need glasses cause I do see a very strong, almost 100% ressemblance to the actor who plays the lead role in the Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark movie.

dude your right. i saw ford right away with this. I dont understand why people are so hateful towards every darn collectible that comes out lately. Sideshow and Hot Toys are producing some of the best collectibles the world has ever seen. This looks dam good and i ordered two of them for my family.

You are right. You do need glasses. :)

The bitter irony though is that for that much, someone could just pick up the Sideshow figure, a TT and spend a little money with you and Sovereign and on a repaint and have a superior figure all the way around.

Have you actually tried to order anything from Sovereign lately ?

Jim

Have you actually tried to order anything from Sovereign lately ?

Jim

I'd definitely go the ebay route. Though the 45 day limit for receipt will likely be completely utilized, seems that's given more attention by him than commissions from here. While not excusing what happened, I can say that with all the BS and Howes torch bearers who got involved in stuff that wasn't their business, I can't say I blame him either.

But still...

10 hands (most for any single figure i believe)
PERS system
2 Haistyles
2 Different Costumes
Idol Pedestel Diorama Piece
Base with Double-Sided Backdrop
7 Accessories.

For $250 seems reasonable considering the amount in the box, however i want two headsculpts instead of removable hair, simply so i can use a TT body and display both costumes.

But still...

9 hands (most for any single figure i believe)
PERS system
2 Haistyles
2 Different Costumes
Idol Pedestel Diorama Piece
Base with Double-Sided Backdrop
7 Accessories.

For $250 seems reasonable considering the amount in the box, however i want two headsculpts instead of removable hair, simply so i can use a TT body and display both costumes.

The accessories mean buptkiss if the figure isn't up to par. Maybe if you're purchasing him to use for bashing (you're essentially then paying $250 for parts), but definitely not for something that's supposed to be the ultimate Indiana Jones figure. And honestly, I just see them as rehashed accessories utilized to pad the ridiculously inflated price.

Nam, I have read all the posts. I just don't get so freaking wound up in HT early release photos. Just about every figure goes through some changes and refinement.

Look , between now and whenever HT finalizes everything they HAVE to be getting wind of the reaction on this figure- they do read these forums, I see a change here and there- it will improve. I see Ford and I think it looks awesome, even as I do idenify the shortcomings on the details. HT will come through on this.

dude your right. i saw ford right away with this. I dont understand why people are so hateful towards every darn collectible that comes out lately. Sideshow and Hot Toys are producing some of the best collectibles the world has ever seen. This looks dam good and i ordered two of them for my family.

Think how happy youll be when they implement the changes most of us want:
As Happy as a little school girl.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back