Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Arnie's custom Indy's miss the mark on many levels in my opinion and the same "flaws" have been carried over into the official Hot Toys offering.
Fedora should be narrower and more styled to match the VERY distinctive Raiders Fedora. Colour is completely wrong too.
Lower face should be longer. Ford has got a "long oval" shaped face which is why the costume designer chose the tall Fedora crown for Raiders because it suited his face shape the best.
Eyebrows should not be so tall and they should be lighter.
Here's a quick manip I did with all of those points adjusted. Sure, it's still not perfect, but it looks better (to my eyes anyway).

Hot-Toys-Indy-Manip1.jpg

Chris

This is the one !!! Well done !! No more examples needed.

Please show Hot Toys this ASAP!

:hi5::clap:clap

Yeah thats the one for me too. It actually retains much of the sculpt as it is but the longer face is a huge improvement, I'd order that.

Yeah thats the one for me too. It actually retains much of the sculpt as it is but the longer face is a huge improvement, I'd order that.

I think I would too. The change it hat colour alone is a huge improvement that helps the likeness but doesn't 'make' it.

high price figure with a totally screw up head sculpt, can someone stop this company?

Apparently according to Arnie Kims FB page he has made the alterations to the hat already so it sits lower. Sorry if this has been stated already.

Cool. Hot Toys should rerelease press pics with the altered hat.
Which should make him more like Indy though i'm still not taken by the face sculpt.

Apparently according to Arnie Kims FB page he has made the alterations to the hat already so it sits lower. Sorry if this has been stated already.

I couldn't see anything English to that effect. So maybe that's what his reply in Korean meant last Saturday.

Abc express sells him for 200 dollars not shipped.. Buy or not buy that is the question.

One part of me tells me not to support ha company that constantly increases prices without improved quality, and one part tells me to just to get it cause i dont own a Indy yet.. Decision, decision...

Abc express sells him for 200 dollars not shipped.. Buy or not buy that is the question.

One part of me tells me not to support ha company that constantly increases prices without improved quality, and one part tells me to just to get it cause i dont own a Indy yet.. Decision, decision...

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer outrageous mediocrity, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them?

I also felt that Arnie missed the mark by a bit, so I did some photoshopping of my own - some of the alterations are obvious, others are pretty subtle. The HT body also needed modification because it really didn't capture Harrison Ford's "elongated oval" chest proportions or shape at all. The color of the hair was also altered to make it look more natural and so it matched. This is meant to be a younger Harrison, but not quite in his prime. The fedora is still wrong, but I really think with all the input we're on a treasure trail to something great here, just like Indy.

retouchedindy.png

:yess:

You even managed to correctly colour match the chest hair and merkin! Send this one to Arnie's Facebook. This is definitely the one!

:blissy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back