Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting off nostril topics and such..
does anyone know when he'll start shipping in the US? AE told me yesterday probably last week of Oct, no SS shipping notice to them yet...

Morning all...

Devil's Goldblum made me laugh -- Devil actually wrote this so well I heard Jeff speaking the words.

Major Eaton: What exactly is a headpiece to the Staff of Ra?

Indiana (as played by Jeff Goldblum): Welllllll.. uhhhhhhhh.. the staff is just a stick. I don't know, about this big. Nobody really knows for sure howwwwwwww... uhhhhhhhhh.. high. And it's...

[turns blackboard to blank side]

Indiana: it's, uhhhhhh... it's capped with an elaborate headpiece in the shape of the... well uhhhhhh... in the shape of the sun with a crystal in the center. And what you did was, you would uhhhhhhhh.. well take the staff to a special room in Tanis, a map room with a miniature of the city all laid out on the floor the whole thing, little windows and little streets and every detail ANDDDDDD.. if you put the staff in a *ahem* in a certain place at a certain time of day, the sun shone uhhhhhhh... welllllll... through here and made uhhhhhh... made a little beam that came down on the floor here... and gave you the exact location of the Wellllllllllll... of the uhhhhhhhhhh... of the Souls. Yeah, ghosts, spooky things. Spooky, spooky uhhhhhhhh... *ahem* ghosts.

Anyway, glad to see more pics surfacing:

_DSC3056%252520copy.jpg

This one looks pretty good to me. Except the obvious.

Very nice pics Tin... does show the rest of the figure off nicely. The likeness is still bad, but the rest can look nice.

For some reason I see Jeff Goldblum in the sculpt :huh
manyearprem8.jpg

Yup, I posted that the other day as soon as the first pics came out. Have no idea why, but I do :lol...lips I think.

It looks like Ford (Although an older Ford than his 38 years of age in Raiders) not these other guys people have mentioned, but then again that's my opinion

Yeah, let's see, he looks like Ron Perlman, Bradley Cooper, Kyle Chadler, Ernest P Worrel, George Clooney, Aldo Raine, Adam Lambert, and I can't remember how many others, not one of which looks like the other. Can we just pick one and stick with it? :wink1:

**EDIT** Oh yeah, and Jeff Goldblum

I can't wait to see what this figure looks like in regular people's homes in regular shots with regular lighting. Here's hoping Sideshow really ships out tomorrow.

I love some of these glam shots but now I'm growing curious how it looks normally. I also want to know just how apparent the "eyeliner" is in hand as I would guess that's a result of the lighting in these shots.

That's because they're not the ones acting like chimps.
I was going to report your post, but I thought why bother?, let IrishJedi show his juvenile behaviour for all to see.
I would put this right up there with your Sucker Punch attacks.
:monkey4

Yeah, let's see, he looks like Ron Perlman, Bradley Cooper, Kyle Chadler, Ernest P Worrel, George Clooney, Aldo Raine, Adam Lambert, and I can't remember how many others, not one of which looks like the other. Can we just pick one and stick with it? :wink1:

**EDIT** Oh yeah, and Jeff Goldblum

:lol And add Ralph Fiennes to that list. I mentioned that one.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see what this figure looks like in regular people's homes in regular shots with regular lighting. Here's hoping Sideshow really ships out tomorrow.

I love some of these glam shots but now I'm growing curious how it looks normally. I also want to know just how apparent the "eyeliner" is in hand as I would guess that's a result of the lighting in these shots.

I would imagine, as with any figure it will look a lot worse. In this case thats a real problem. I have looked at all the pics posted and I have to say I think it's not just the gap with the eyeball and face sculpt thats causing the eyeliner look, there is subtle (!?) paint work around the eye area which really doesn't help. They did a little of this on the new Supes sculpt as well, but it suited that.

I can get over everything except the giant mouth. Thats unfixable.
I can't believe that people (who are supposedly ok with the sculpt) are discussing how to hide parts of it with the Cairo headdress!?
On a $200+ DX release?
:panic::dunno

Q said that he came out Thursday in HK so it should be thirty days from that date(10/13)

Yep, that's the usual course... but this one has been odd because there's been confirmation email alerts to some people that Sideshow would begin accepting payments on the 17th and shipping.

That's why the speculation that HT for some reason held up the usual delivery to HK dealers for the month it usually takes to ship the stuff over here, thus everyone gets it at the same time.

I would imagine, as with any figure it will look a lot worse. In this case thats a real problem. I have looked at all the pics posted and I have to say I think it's not just the gap with the eyeball and face sculpt thats causing the eyeliner look, there is subtle (!?) paint work around the eye area which really doesn't help. They did a little of this on the new Supes sculpt as well, but it suited that.

I can get over everything except the giant mouth. Thats unfixable.
I can't believe that people (who are supposedly ok with the sculpt) are discussing how to hide parts of it with the Cairo headdress!?
On a $200+ DX release?
:panic::dunno

200 dollar plus DX release! 200 plus dollar DX release!
The added cost is not Hot Toys doing, I'm sure you can thank Harrison Ford and Lucasfilm for that!

200 dollar plus DX release! 200 plus dollar DX release!
The added cost is not Hot Toys doing, I'm sure you can thank Harrison Ford and Lucasfilm for that!

Exactly- Lucasfilm licensing notoriously outrageous-there are so many variables here why argue?
If you can afford buy it if you want- if you can't ,stop the whining and complaining about the price... what is worth it to one guy is different to the next.

Exactly- Lucasfilm licensing notoriously outrageous-there are so many variables here why argue?
If you can afford buy it if you want- if you can't ,stop the whining and complaining about the price... what is worth it to one guy is different to the next.

Exactly! I didn't see anyone really up in arms about the Nicholson Joker price. Look how much rights likeness to him added to that fig.

I do recall that the HT Indy was around 225 for a while, same as the BB Bruce Wayne and Shadow Predator.

Exactly! I didn't see anyone really up in arms about the Nicholson Joker price. Look how much rights likeness to him added to that fig.

I do recall that the HT Indy was around 225 for a while, same as the BB Bruce Wayne and Shadow Predator.

Good call- the HT BB new figure is $225- HT DX Indy is $225 from AE.
I'd say Indy is a terrific price no matter what the OPINIONS of the headsculpt alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back