Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those posed pictures don't look too bad.

Still -- a bit underwhelming, especially for that price. So far, I don't regret cancelling for Batman Begins and Reeve's Superman ... those two still look a lot better than this.

SnakeDoc

Exactly! I didn't see anyone really up in arms about the Nicholson Joker price. Look how much rights likeness to him added to that fig.

I do recall that the HT Indy was around 225 for a while, same as the BB Bruce Wayne and Shadow Predator.

That's because the Nicholson Joker is awesome. This is ____.

Yeah, if the Nicholson Joker had an ugly face sculpt collectors would be outraged, myself included. It's not like fans didn't complain about the price either. I'm impressed with the figure but I still think it's too expensive. However the price is easier to swallow because the figure is fantastic.

This Indiana Jones is completely different though. If it was $200+ with a great headsculpt, fine, I'd definitely pay, no problems. That's not the case though. The portrait, unlike the Nicholson Joker is JACKED up.

So now it's the flashes fault!
Every pic that has been posted apparently sucks because of the crude photography. Apart from a couple of near professional pics which have tried to hide the sculpts faults, OMG said himself it's very disappointing.

Well why are even the crudest pics of Superman still impressive?
I don't understand some people's lack of ability to look through the format/medium in which an object is captured. A poor sculpt is a poor sculpt. Poor photographs will show it's faults rather than improving it's appearance.
A good photograph will try and make something look better than it is.

Even OMG's pics were disappointing, and IMO he is the best 1/6th photographer on the board. I would love to see some of your faces when you pull open that brown DX box.

Anyone who POed with SS talk to them in the last couple days to see if it really is shipping this week? AE doesn't know yet as they get stock from SS

Every pic that has been posted apparently sucks because of the crude photography. Apart from a couple of near professional pics which have tried to hide the sculpts faults, OMG said himself it's very disappointing.

I don't understand some people's lack of ability to look through the format/medium in which an object is captured. A poor sculpt is a poor sculpt. Poor photographs will show it's faults rather than improving it's appearance.

Even OMG's pics were disappointing, and IMO he is the best 1/6th photographer on the board. I would love to see some of your faces when you pull open that brown DX box.

That's why I really want to see pics from people without the skill of people like OMG.

Plus lets not forget times where collectors take awful, overexposed pics of great figures and you can still tell the figure is damn good. That hasn't been the case at all here.

These have been the best pics in my opinion,

IndianaJoness2.jpg

IndianaJones02.jpg

The poses, the lighting, everything is perfect and professionally done. It looks great. There's one thing though, the headsculpt is STILL atrocious. The pics are so good that I almost want to blur the horrible headsculpt out and replace it with photoshopped pic of Ford. Nothing has changed between the good and bad pictures.

Plus lets not forget times where collectors take awful, overexposed pics of great figures and you can still tell the figure is damn good. That hasn't been the case at all here.

The poses, the lighting, everything is perfect and professionally done. It looks great. There's one thing though, the headsculpt is STILL atrocious. The pics are so good that I almost want to blur the horrible headsculpt out and replace it with photoshopped pic of Ford. Nothing has changed between the good and bad pictures.

:goodpost::lecture:goodpost:

The flash and direction of lighting certainly contributes to the raccoon eyes. I don't really see people saying it's just the photography that's throwing off the sculpt. The sculpt is flawed. It's just differing opinions of how flawed.

You said something earlier about the flaws looking worse in-hand. I would say that every figure I've ever bought looks better in-hand. So I would guess that anyone looking at these pics and still satisfied with the figure will be satisfied when they get it.

These are some images of the headsculpt from an Ebay seller. They are presented in a much less glamourous light and hiding nothing. I think the color of the hair should be lighter. It actually looks almost BLACK in some of the pictures I have seen so far.

The ebay seller photos from a few pages back are some of the best I've seen of this HS - it 'kinda' looks a bit like Ford and doesn't look too wrong as a HS of a human being, even if it's only dimly Ford. But it's still WAY too shallow for a figure at this pricepoint and with this kind of pedigree behind it.

The flash and direction of lighting certainly contributes to the raccoon eyes. I don't really see people saying it's just the photography that's throwing off the sculpt. The sculpt is flawed. It's just differing opinions of how flawed.

You said something earlier about the flaws looking worse in-hand. I would say that every figure I've ever bought looks better in-hand. So I would guess that anyone looking at these pics and still satisfied with the figure will be satisfied when they get it.

This is true.

I remember ONE instance where I was turned off by photographs of the headsculpt and that was the Hot Toys Harvey Dent/Two-Face figure. The HT spec/pics were fantastic but then when collectors started to get them in hand and took pictures of it, I thought the portrait looked horrid. I refused to buy it after all the pics surfaced because I hadn't been satisfied with how it looked.

Then I found two of them MISB for about $60 each and broke down and purchased them because they were cheap and, hey, why not "have em all". When I opened them I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. It wasn't anything like the pics (good and bad) that I had seen.

This Indy is different though. With Two-Face, there had been a few great shots that captured the feel of owning it in hand. The HT spec/pics for starters and then a few members here on Sideshow.

With this Indiana Jones figure though not a single shot has captured even a sense of just decent. The prototype spec/pics, you know, the shots that are supposed to wow people were awful. ALL the convention shots of the figure on display, pitiful. Now all the in hand pics are rolling in from collectors that are great photographers and there's literally no difference. Some have even said that in person that they have regrets.

So yeah, I doubt I'd be happy to see this piece of ____ in person. I don't want to pay and find out.

:goodpost:Every Ht figure i have looks ALOT better in person than 90% of the lousy pics I've seen.
Indy is getting plastered as he has since January when proto pics revealed- it's pile on bashing but has no effect on me and my purchasing decision.

I doubt SS ships as advertised since this was just released. That said, stranger things have happened.

Might be HT holding off Asian release till SS got it here so it could be a worldwide release at the same time..
if not it will be a month wait!

:goodpost:Every Ht figure i have looks ALOT better in person than 90% of the lousy pics I've seen.
Indy is getting plastered as he has since January when proto pics revealed- it's pile on bashing but has no effect on me and my purchasing decision.

Agreed. :exactly:

Plastered? Why not? NONE of the pics of him have looked good. What about fantastic headsculpts? Not every figure is like Indy, there are figures that are met with immediate praise because of how great they look, from the same people that have taken pictures of this figure.

The bashing and hating isn't done for the hell of it you know, there's a reason for it. The head looks like ass to most people and that is why they're bashing it, because it doesn't look good.

So it will probably look better in person. Okay? Have you seen all these pics? Do you think it's just going to miraculously be the "best sculpt ever" since there hasn't been a picture that has made the terrible head sculpt look good? Everything is better in person but so what? There's still a ton of ugly ____ out there.

I bet it's not much better than what these shots show. In fact, I guarantee it.

Yeah all about the flash, btw are you getting one Wor-Gar? as I know you are a big big Indy fan....

I am a huge fan but I never did PO this. Figured I'd wait and see. So far, I haven't seen anything that has made me jump on an order. I wish I could say otherwise because I really want the ultimate Jones.

I'm still debating what bits to pick up to bash an Indy, but the parts cost might be so close to the full figure price I might end up getting this. OR I might wait and see if the price drops or a sale at GoHastings in like March.

Anyone who POed with SS talk to them in the last couple days to see if it really is shipping this week? AE doesn't know yet as they get stock from SS

I haven't talked to them but I did get my "Processing Alert Notice" (which I posted a few pages back) on Thursday saying that they will begin processing on Monday and to have fund availabe...yadda, yadda, yadda.

I am a huge fan but I never did PO this. Figured I'd wait and see. So far, I haven't seen anything that has made me jump on an order. I wish I could say otherwise because I really want the ultimate Jones.

I'm still debating what bits to pick up to bash a n Indy, but the parts might be so close to the full figure price I might end up getting this. OR I might wait and see if the price drops or a sale at GoHastings in like March.

I hope you'll get a chance at some point to get him- with all you get you can probably part him out, make good cash and keep what you need.

I haven't talked to them but I did get my "Processing Alert Notice" (which I posted a few pages back) on Thursday saying that they will begin processing on Monday and to have fund availabe...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Sure points to him shipping this week-this all so crazy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back