Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call- the HT BB new figure is $225- HT DX Indy is $225 from AE.
I'd say Indy is a terrific price no matter what the OPINIONS of the headsculpt alone!

I do like it and may get it down the road if I can get for less , but $225 is a bit steep for a figure with a good not great headscuplt and an unecessary PERS system that hinders the figure instead of inhancing it.

More power to you though , that you like it, I know you've been waiting awhile for this one.

and with this, i bid adieu.........
chaplin.jpg

Anyone who passes will regret it. This will without out a doubt sell out. And then unless you want to pay 300+ on eBay. You can forget about it.

So it said this will begin shipping on Monday the 17th? *fingers crossed*

This is what it says:

Processing Alert Notice

***READ ONLY E-MAIL***

***DO NOT REPLY***

PROCESSING BEGINS: Monday, October 17, 2011

Item name: Indiana Jones DX 1:6 scale figure - Raiders of the Lost Ark

Item #: 901264

Item price: $ 249.99

NRD (Non-Refundable Deposit): $25.00 per item

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for this item on October 17, 2011. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

These are some images of the headsculpt from an Ebay seller. They are presented in a much less glamourous light and hiding nothing. I think the color of the hair should be lighter. It actually looks almost BLACK in some of the pictures I have seen so far.

These are some images of the headsculpt from an Ebay seller. They are presented in a much less glamourous light and hiding nothing. I think the color of the hair should be lighter. It actually looks almost BLACK in some of the pictures I have seen so far.

again- bad pics- lighting- the middle pic hair is brown to me- again those pics have very very bright photography and wash out the face alot...

Oh man, I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday. This new pic of the figure has totally sold me on buying the Indiana Jones. The headsculpt is just terrific. Thanks Hot Toys!

Indy.jpg

Middle pic isn't too bad actually, at least the eyeliner is minimal.

My first post in this thread, not an owner but considering it. Quick question, people are griping about the sculpt quality vs price. But wasn't the Toys McCoy figures much more expensive than this and much much worse? I seem to recall that coming out, wasn't paying so much attention but dont recall the same degree of scrutiny. Maybe there was.

One thing, likeness or not, the face looks very realistic unlike the plastic expressions of other releases. I hate to say it, but this looks less like a doll to me.

One thing, likeness or not, the face looks very realistic unlike the plastic expressions of other releases. I hate to say it, but this looks less like a doll to me.

I feel the exact opposite.

The seams are all noticeable and toy like. It's not just the hair, look at the neck. It's like Hot Toys didn't even try to make the head blend with the figure's neck. Compare that to their latest Reeve Superman which looks like it doesn't have a ball jointed head at all.

Then those eyes. They're so dark and lifeless, like a doll's. I don't know about texture, it seems okay as well as the paint. They're fine I guess. That doesn't mean jack though if the paint and texture is on an ugly, sub-par headsculpt. I really can't believe they green lit this sculpt with minimal changes (if any). That mouth is hideous and the proportions, horrible. Looking back at the spec pics, I almost prefer what how it used to look even though there isn't much change that I can see.

My first post in this thread, not an owner but considering it. Quick question, people are griping about the sculpt quality vs price. But wasn't the Toys McCoy figures much more expensive than this and much much worse? I seem to recall that coming out, wasn't paying so much attention but dont recall the same degree of scrutiny. Maybe there was.

I don't think you can compare it to an old figure like the Toys McCoy version. There was nothing else to compare the Toys McCoy to back then. It should be compared to the quality of the other figures HT is doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back