Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own a single figure that looks like it does on the "back of the box" or promotional images. It's like that for Hot Toys, Mattel, NECA, Hasbro etc. In fact, for awhile my signature read "Some poses may require additional support. Product and colors may vary."

I'm 100% positive they'll change it, even if it's minor tweaking that isn't a significant improvement, but it will be. That doesn't change the fact that it still might be ____ or less expensive though.

I've never seen a thread go this way before.Generally,people discuss what's been shown so far.Not piss and moan about what it should be.I agree that the sculpt has it's flaws,but this has become ridiculous.Calling people out for pre-ordering things.Calling them "fanboys."It is beyond ridiculous and incredibly immature.I understand the whole "further the cause" thing,but calling people out on what they like and what they want to buy with their OWN money, and then insulting them for it is stupid and ignorant.

I've never seen a thread go this way before.Generally,people discuss what's been shown so far.Not piss and moan about what it should be.I agree that the sculpt has it's flaws,but this has become ridiculous.Calling people out for pre-ordering things.Calling them "fanboys."It is beyond ridiculous and incredibly immature.I understand the whole "further the cause" thing,but calling people out on what they like and what they want to buy with their OWN money, and then insulting them for it is stupid and ignorant.

What people got called out on is thinking that preordering the figure and then voicing their disappointment will tell HT anything. Giving the company money tells them you support the release. Nothing more, nothing less. Not giving the company money sends them back to the drawing board to produce a product that is worth your money. I would argue that thinking otherwise is what's stupid and ignorant. Then, of course, there are those who don't see anything wrong with the product for the sole reason that it's being produced by Hot Toys. This devoted obsession is beyond laughable.

I'll tell you my reasons for pre-ordering...

I don't want to be caught with my pants down if HT DOES improve the product. It's already $250... I can imagine how high the price will be once the pre-orders start to sell out.

Agree that's why I've put my money down on this all ready, I'm just so confident HT & Arnie will get this right. Dino I noticed your a big Indy fan from your YouTube videos but have you ordered this yet or are you still waiting on further pic's before making your mind up?

Yes I pre-ordered it as I feel I got a good deal at Onesixthbruce. I really wanted the idol base, which in the UK would have cost me over £110 when it first came out, I wanted the Map room gear too, which parted out on eBay would most likely cost £35 or more.
The backdrops will look great with my figures too.
As for the figure I'm happy with the prototype's progress.

I have to say, the hatless version does resemble Harrison moreso for some reason...

I don't want to be caught with my pants down if HT DOES improve the product. It's already $250... I can imagine how high the price will be once the pre-orders start to sell out.

Pre-orders won't sell out everywhere.

This is the life of a popular figure,

1. Figure is announced (people get excited).
2. Figure specs/pics are released (people get excited, critique and hype up the release).
3. Figure is available for preorder almost immediately.
4. Wait a few months, sometimes less.

5. Figure officially hits Asia
6. Price increase
7. Figure is in full production mode, everywhere.
8. Figure price decreases as demand is meant.

9. Secondary market saturates, the figure has hit full force.
10. Prices eventually soar and sky rocket over the next months/years.

End of figure life other than on the collectors shelf or those who did not obtain yet.

The BEST time to get something is during 8. There is absolutely no reason to pre-order a Hot Toys figure. I used to think that maybe the deals were better pre-ordering, but they're not. This applies to all customers also, world wide unless it's something like the Tokyo convention exclusives but I'm talking the regular MMS DX and Movie Masterpiece figures.

With ebay, gohastings, redfordfilms, second shipments, restocks, sideshow classifieds, a slew of online stores and the like, there is no reason to preorder.

Some of the most popular figures ever, Terminators, Iron Man, Batman, Joker could all be had for less, much less than the initial MSRP preorder. Only now are most of those figures highly valuable and sought after.

Indiana Jones is going no where for the next couple of months. The best thing to do is sit tight, wait for more information, wait, then shop around. It's not like a Sideshow item where it sells out and you get put on a wait or backorder list.

This will be distributed through Hot Toys, Sideshow, online shops etc. It's also a LFL officially licensed product, a DX and Hot Toys' first Indiana Jones figure. It's not going anywhere and I bet they make a ton of them.

Last edited:
New Leaked Photo of REVISED Head and Hat!!!!

2lnx2k3.jpg

Hahaha, I posted that how many pages ago?

I am honored.

oh god no he is going to do the superman headsculpt:(

LOL how people turn !

Just two months ago it wasn't uncommon to see Kim referred to as 'the 1/6 god' on various forums.

I thought it was well established that Ford was the hardest face to get right?

Maybe Ford is Kim's kryptonite? :)

Does Christopher Reeve also fall into this category?
The current 1/6 cheap ____ty Mattel figure had a pretty good face from the pics I've seen...it can't be that hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back