Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting in the fact that he's selling a crap-load of recasted heads??

From Arnie Kim's Facebook: his 2004 sculpt?

168941_1794503309948_1460645150_2032992_2646452_n.jpg

167746_1794507990065_1460645150_2032996_4069819_n.jpg

That looks a much more iconic impression of Harrison's portrait as Indy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/OneS....2101270.1460645150&pid=2032992&id=1460645150

The dx sculp hasnt really improved on this in terms of likeness, fails on the same issues, dont hold out much hope on any further improvement but will keep fingers crossed neway

I still can't help thinking that Arnie is the wrong guy for the job, if he's been at it since 2004 and still can't get him right then that ought to tell you something. Still, I guess it's too late to get someone else on the job, isn't it!? I don't know how long Trevor and Spenser have been doing him, but, they've both come a darnsight closer than he has.

Lol who cares you like it buy it you hate it don't but to sit around and try to push someone into thinking like you do is w w w w wetttarted

I still can't help thinking that Arnie is the wrong guy for the job, if he's been at it since 2004 and still can't get him right then that ought to tell you something. Still, I guess it's too late to get someone else on the job, isn't it!? I don't know how long Trevor and Spenser have been doing him, but, they've both come a darnsight closer than he has.

Couldn't agree more. Sadly, it's too late for this one. Maybe they'll let someone else have a go for TOD Indy. Then at least you could swap out the head.

Maybe they'll let someone else have a go for TOD Indy

I just hope there will be a TOD Indy.... (especially if he comes with a tux too ) HUGE potential for a seriously packed box with a TOD indy... Tux, full adventure gear + torn shirt, machete, sankara stone(s), Nurhachi urn

Couldn't agree more. Sadly, it's too late for this one. Maybe they'll let someone else have a go for TOD Indy. Then at least you could swap out the head.

I hope so too, but more likely this'll be the end of the HT Indy run if the Raiders figure doesn't change all it's issues. I foresee alot of people canceling preorders and HT being stuck with a large run of figures if the production version isn't drastically improved.

I dunno. Maybe there are enough people who buy blind or aren't bothered to keep the line going. More Indy figures is definitely a good thing, just not $250 ones that don't impress with their likenesses please HT!

Other than this Indy(I actually like the sculpt) I really hope Hot Toys makes some TOD characters, specifically Mola Ram and TOD Indy.

wow... considering I am one of the very few that offer "accurate" accessories I imagine that obnoxious remark was fired directly at me... much appreciated... however your assumption is way off the mark... I think the heated criticism is more a result of Indy collectors being quite passionate about the missed possibility that could have been produced by a heavy hitter like HT... a year ago the mere suggestion that HT would make an Indy was like a dream come true for avid figure collectors and Indy fans... so there was such great anticipation in light of their other recent products.. I mean how on earth would HT fumble this of all licenses... so of course the reveal was a huge let down... if it wasn't there would not be over 140 pages of continual discussion over this... if it wasn't important the discussion would have stopped a loooong time ago... but obviously this is important.. ( in police work we call something that freakin obvious a "clue"...)... but anyhoo... just needed to chime in here to make sure my "persona" was still relevant...

Hey man, sorry about this... I was having a crappy day and coming here to just read the same old valid nitpicks got me pretty annoyed... I know you do top notch work, and I want to publicly apologize for my comments.
I know most people want this figure to be the best it can be, as it's such an iconic character, even myself have customized my Sideshow Indy, changed the shirt, changed the boots, got Sovereign's jacket and whip and re-painted the head. I know it's not near perfect or accurate but I'm happy with it.

But personally I like what Hot Toys has shown so far, and I think it's a kick ass figure and an amazing collectible, despite it's shortcomings.
Besides, we've seen this happen plenty of times when people are VERY vocal about what's wrong, instead of what's right, hey, that's all good, but I honestly believe, once we have this figure in hand, opinions will change.

Indy customizations have been going on forever in the 1/6 world, and I remember when SS Indy was coming out, that somebody posted that customizing Indy days were over, but I replied that if anything, things were just gonna take off from there. And they did!!
We've seen more customized Indy's than ever, thanks to the amazing things Sideshow got right.

I believe that will be the case with Hot Toys Indy, much like it happened with DX Joker, people keep customizing the crap of that figure, over and over, and invest twice as much or more on the figure to make it perfect. And more power to them, but personally, I think HT Indy is as perfect as we can get for a mass produced product... a bit on the expensive side, but still, a kick ass figure.

If this opens the door for people being more creative, I welcome it!
I know I might tweak it a bit, but I don't want to judge until I see the figure first hand...
Anyway, just my 2 cents... again sorry for my previous ramblings...
:peace :duff!

Mike, I wouldn't take offense mate. You've provided some very cool items to a lot of Guys ( myself included ) who wanted to improve their figures , but didn't have the skills. It was done for the love of the character - not for any personal gain.

Thanks for this Paul, you're a great guy and your post helped me put things in perspective...

:thwak Don't spoil it for us! :mad: It's fun watching newbs make asses of themselves. :lecture:lecture:lecture

You still consider yourself a newb??.. :monkey3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back