Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, sorry about this... I was having a crappy day and coming here to just read the same old valid nitpicks got me pretty annoyed... I know you do top notch work, and I want to publicly apologize for my comments.
I know most people want this figure to be the best it can be, as it's such an iconic character, even myself have customized my Sideshow Indy, changed the shirt, changed the boots, got Sovereign's jacket and whip and re-painted the head. I know it's not near perfect or accurate but I'm happy with it.

But personally I like what Hot Toys has shown so far, and I think it's a kick ass figure and an amazing collectible, despite it's shortcomings.
Besides, we've seen this happen plenty of times when people are VERY vocal about what's wrong, instead of what's right, hey, that's all good, but I honestly believe, once we have this figure in hand, opinions will change.

Indy customizations have been going on forever in the 1/6 world, and I remember when SS Indy was coming out, that somebody posted that customizing Indy days were over, but I replied that if anything, things were just gonna take off from there. And they did!!
We've seen more customized Indy's than ever, thanks to the amazing things Sideshow got right.

I believe that will be the case with Hot Toys Indy, much like it happened with DX Joker, people keep customizing the crap of that figure, over and over, and invest twice as much or more on the figure to make it perfect. And more power to them, but personally, I think HT Indy is as perfect as we can get for a mass produced product... a bit on the expensive side, but still, a kick ass figure.

If this opens the door for people being more creative, I welcome it!
I know I might tweak it a bit, but I don't want to judge until I see the figure first hand...
Anyway, just my 2 cents... again sorry for my previous ramblings...
:peace :duff!

At $250, unless you're clinically diagnosed as OCD, you shouldn't have to customize a goddamn thing. :dunno

You still consider yourself a newb??.. :monkey3

Nope, but I definitely still consider you one. :wink1:

Es increible como algunos foreros se empeñan en destruiir hilos y contestar como crios en lugar de aportar algo constructivo y discutir como adultos I have said it. Kuzeth , you have reason!! intelligent words you have there.

Come on Arnie, give us a great Indy:yess:

Yo estuve aqui :1-1:

Es increible como algunos foreros se empeñan en destruiir hilos y contestar como crios en lugar de aportar algo constructivo y discutir como adultos I have said it. Kuzeth , you have reason!! intelligent words you have there.

Aún más vergonzoso que algunos no pueden entender cuando un juguete no vale la pena el precio. :dunno

Kuzeh....it's good to read a thoughtful and well written post like this. Very classy!

Thanks dude :duff

At $250, unless you're clinically diagnosed as OCD, you shouldn't have to customize a goddamn thing. :dunno

Why not?, people customize even PF and Cinemaquette statues that are way more expensive...

Nope, but I definitely still consider you one. :wink1:

Well that's because you're old... :nana:

Completamente de acuerdo Restaura, hay ciertos personajes aquí que se creen cool por hacer pedazos trabajos tan impresionantes cómo este, si, siempre se puede mejorar, pero algunos cometarios aquí son realmente denigrantes y embarazosos... ni hablar!

Gracias!

Aún más vergonzoso que algunos no pueden entender cuando un juguete no vale la pena el precio. :dunno

Vaya vaya... Nam habla español!!! :panic:

A toy is worth whatever people want to pay for it...
I think the 12" Gentle Giant vintage figs are over-priced... but that's just me... unlike you, I can understand why some people would think they are worth it...
It's a shame that you always preach about this being a "discussion forum" yet it's "your way or the highway"... the fact that you keep complaining about the same
thing over and over again says a lot more about you than a "toy being over-priced", specially since you complain about "fanboys, whiners, and titty babies" quite a bit... :lol

Last edited:
That's right. En eso tienes razon. Los precios suben y suben y terminamos pagando un sobreprecio por algo que no tiene ese valor. This is the great problem of the collector. You pay what you consider the objet cost to you or what you are willing to pay for something you want

I really hope they give HT some free reign,as I think they could do way better than that in the packaging department.

You give them too much credit.

Their package as of late have been awful and leaves much to be desired. Especially the Terminator figures and their bright, flimsy silver packaging.

Lol who cares you like it buy it you hate it don't but to sit around and try to push someone into thinking like you do is w w w w wetttarted

6a00d8341c721253ef011168c6c0bd970c-800wi

A toy is worth whatever people want to pay for it...
I think the 12" Gentle Giant vintage figs are over-priced... but that's just me... unlike you, I can understand why some people would think they are worth it...
It's a shame that you always preach about this being a "discussion forum" yet it's "your way or the highway"... the fact that you keep complaining about the same
thing over and over again says a lot more about you than a "toy being over-priced", specially since you complain about "fanboys, whiners, and titty babies" quite a bit... :lol

I agree with you on the GG 12" SW figures. It's an overpriced gimmick. As for this, I'd like to buy a HT DX Indy on par with the Bruce Lee that's coming, the T1 and just about every other HT figure I own. However, the sculpt is iffy (I just don't think Kim can do Indy) and there are so many discrepancies in the wardrobe that it just boggles the mind that they'd slap on a $250 price tag and load it with lackluster accessories. And as it stands now, I won't be buying one. I really hope you guys are right as far as changes, but I think this train has already left the station.

I agree with you on the GG 12" SW figures. It's an overpriced gimmick. As for this, I'd like to buy a HT DX Indy on par with the Bruce Lee that's coming, the T1 and just about every other HT figure I own. However, the sculpt is iffy (I just don't think Kim can do Indy) and there are so many discrepancies in the wardrobe that it just boggles the mind that they'd slap on a $250 price tag and load it with lackluster accessories. And as it stands now, I won't be buying one. I really hope you guys are right as far as changes, but I think this train has already left the station.

Well, to be fair,
if you compare what BL comes with, vs. Indy...

Bruce+Lee_PR22.jpg

Bruce+Lee_PR21.jpg

DXindy12.jpg

DXindy13.jpg

i think Indy comes pretty much loaded with plenty of stuff, considering it includes the pedestal, so in reality, the only "questionable" thin would be the exclusive extra body from SS, and the accuracy of the likeness and some accessories...
But if you read some of the BL fans' comments, they have some complaints about the likeness and accessories as well...

So, $220.00 versus $250.00 isn't that far off...

i think Indy comes pretty much loaded with plenty of stuff, considering it includes the pedestal, so in reality, the only "questionable" thin would be the exclusive extra body from SS, and the accuracy of the likeness and some accessories...
But if you read some of the BL fans' comments, they have some complaints about the likeness and accessories as well...

They're taking issues with the battle damaged sculpt. The other sculpt is about as perfect as they come. But even still, that BD sculpt is closer to Lee than this is to Harrison. And then there's the wardrobe and hat issues that you didn't mention. The hat is highly inaccurate, the jacket looks cheap, the belt and holster are completely wrong (color especially), the pants are wrong and the kicks aren't weathered. :huh

Well, to be fair,
if you compare what BL comes with, vs. Indy...

This fan is looking for accuracy not quantity.
:wave

They're taking issues with the battle damaged sculpt. The other sculpt is about as perfect as they come. But even still, that BD sculpt is closer to Lee than this is to Harrison. And then there's the wardrobe and hat issues that you didn't mention. The hat is highly inaccurate, the jacket looks cheap, the belt and holster are completely wrong (color especially), the pants are wrong and the kicks aren't weathered. :huh

People complained about the body as well, and a few months later it got fixed... it wasn't final, it was a prototype, maybe people should wait for final pics on Indy too? :dunno...

Besides, regarding Bruce Lee, people could complain about the snake not being screen accurate, the shoes not being weathered, and the rope being too white... nun-chucks seem to be too large, and the Bo too slim...
Yet, you don't see that happening, you know why?
Because it's a toy, which in the end is an artistic scale representation of a person, scale on every object will always be an issue, as well as materials available for MASS production. Also, licensing approvals can be an issue too...
I agree that a more accurate Indy "could" be produced, but saying this figure looks cheap it's an exaggeration IMO...

This fan is looking for accuracy not quantity.
:wave

Did you get Sideshow's Indy?...
How about Medicom's?
or even better, Toys McCoy's?

I think you'll be better off with a customized figure that would probably end up costing you around $350.00 after all is said and done...

I agree that a more accurate Indy "could" be produced, but saying this figure looks cheap it's an exaggeration IMO...

How easily you forget that it's the prototype that's supposed to get us to turn over cash for the figure. Based on what I've seen, for what they're asking, no amount of accessories is gonna brainwash me into thinking I'm getting my money's worth. As to the "cheap" remark. That's not what I said. I said the jacket looks cheap. And having bought several of the Hasbro Indys, I'd say it looks on par with them when I compare it to the prototype jackets of, say, Wolverine, Leon, T2 T-800, etc.

Did you get Sideshow's Indy?...
How about Medicom's?
or even better, Toys McCoy's?

I think you'll be better off with a customized figure that would probably end up costing you around $350.00 after all is said and done...

Bought all 3.
As far as quality(not quantity) goes the HT looks to be a tick or two above the Toys McCoy and about even quality wise with the Sideshow
version all things considered. When its over $200 I shouldnt have to do any customizing, certainly not $350 worth.
Didnt need to with Hellboy,Ironman,Blade,The Terminators,Leonidas or Enzio.
Indy is a few steps up on the iconic pop culture o'meter than most of HT's offerings and he should be treated as such by the HT artisans.

This thread = :horse:horse:horse:horse :nana:

No kidding right?? :lol...

Bought all 3.

Were you satisfied with the accuracy of any of those?
Because all of them are lacking plenty of it...
now don't get me wrong, I like the Sideshow one a lot, but it was far from accurate...

As far as quality(not quantity) goes the HT looks to be a tick or two above the Toys McCoy and about even quality wise with the Sideshow
version
all things considered. When its over $200 I shouldnt have to do any customizing, certainly not $350 worth.
Didnt need to with Hellboy,Ironman,Blade,The Terminators,Leonidas or Enzio.

Really?
Tell me you're joking... please...
:lol

From left to right Sideshow---------------- Medicom-------------------Hot Toys--------------------Toys McCoy

6a853733jw6ddi14t86qsj.jpg

I can't believe people complaining... HT looks ace!! :dunno

Besides, all of the figures you've mentioned have plenty of inaccuracies as well, and fans with OCD or "need for accuracy" have been customizing all of them at different levels... problems ranging from Hellboy being too short, to Ironman being too dark, too tall, missing some details, decals, ect. Blade with likeness problems, Terminators with inaccurate accessories, and details on jackets, belts and weapons, Leonidas with crappy body, Enzio with weird likeness and not 100% accurate outfit... we could nit-pick pretty much every other figure out there for years...

Indy is a few steps up on the iconic pop culture o'meter than most of HT's offerings and he should be treated as such by the HT artisans.

So you feel this was "rushed", you know for a fact that the production one will look cheap, rushed and inaccurate?...
Best of all, if you got the overpriced Medicom one, what's the problem in getting the over-priced Hot Toys one?... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back