Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where else have I criticized HT about a figure not being worth the MSRP? Kindly quote it and post it here.

The price anticipation had more to do with LFL and less to do with HT. But given they knew they would be setting a new benchmark in pricing, they should've dropped Kim and given it to someone who can actually sculpt a decent Indy, or at least given it to another sculptor to refine. That said, there're also the blatant wardrobe discrepancies. As I said earlier, it's like they went off of black and white pics and memory when rushing out the prototype. A huge mistake. Especially at this price point and especially for HT whose Indy will naturally be compared to other HT releases.
I'm not isolating out your criticism of price. I've noticed you talking about bad likenesses in sculpts and QC issues on previous occasions, though. I wouldn't call you a "Hot Toys basher," but nor would I call a supporter of a given Hot Toys figure as a "Hot Toys fanboy." It's all an over-simplified compartmentalization of people.

I guess I just don't see why you are taking offense to someone doing to you as you have done to so many others.

I'm not isolating out your criticism of price. I've noticed you talking about bad likenesses in sculpts and QC issues on previous occasions, though. I wouldn't call you a "Hot Toys basher," but nor would I call a supporter of a given Hot Toys figure as a "Hot Toys fanboy." It's all an over-simplified compartmentalization of people.

I guess I just don't see why you are taking offense to someone doing to you as you have done to so many others.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

29zrkgp.jpg

Pretty much this thread.........

Once again, you don't know what the ____ you're talking about. Go read what I wrote. It was all about false hopes and getting mad at a company for not releasing or announcing a figure when they demanded. Completely different from staring at a prototype, looking at a price, and being baffled as to why the best company in 1:6 would actually be proud of this turd and expect us to pay the highest price for a DX yet.

How is it different?
You set your expectations to a certain level, setting yourself for disappointment... it's the same principle...
you pictured Indy one way in your mind, and when it's not what you expected, you post...
*does a quick search*
...a total of 146 posts in a single thread, whining about it...

If it bothers you that much, e-mail HT, clog their FB, put your money where your mouth is... ranting about it here won't make a difference...

Oh, and way to overlook all of the other points I made in my previous post...
I must've hit it pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that, huh kid?... :lol

whats so wrong about this figure? aside of the price I think is a really nice one.

How is it different?
You set your expectations to a certain level, setting yourself for disappointment... it's the same principle...
you pictured Indy one way in your mind, and when it's not what you expected, you post...
*does a quick search*
...a total of 146 posts in a single thread, whining about it...

If it bothers you that much, e-mail HT, clog their FB, put your money where your mouth is... ranting about it here won't make a difference...

Oh, and way to overlook all of the other points I made in my previous post...
I must've hit it pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that, huh kid?... :lol

Not really junior. Your juvenile banter is actually boring me. You can't stay on task and have to keep pulling in irrelevant ____ to try and make cheap jabs because you've got no foundation if you were forced to stick to this topic. If we were to poll it, I'm willing to bet that there're more people who agree with me, than are actually content to shill out the ridiculous asking price for the prototype we see.

whats so wrong about this figure? aside of the price I think is a really nice one.

:slap

The fact that it doesn't look like Harrison Ford is the largest issue. There are several dozen other issues that if you wait long enough you'll see rehashed here.

As Kuzeh said it's more about expectations than anything else along with a decent price jump.

IMO the sculpt isn't there, and I find that to be the one thing that bugs me the most. I know I was really hoping for a 1/6th Indy that was perfect, and that in itself might be unrealistic. It is a damn nice figure but I think it falls short of the lofty expectations that many of us have, myself included.

Did i happen to mention

29zrkgp.jpg

Pretty much all that can possibly be said about this figure has been stated already. Is there really a need to go on and on about.....well nothing?

Did i happen to mention

29zrkgp.jpg

Pretty much all that can possibly be said about this figure has be stated already. Is there really a need to go on and on about.....well nothing?
Yes... Yes, you did... and on that note I'm jumping back out of this thread for the foreseeable future. There's no reason to post here till we get some sort of revised sculpt photos.

Pretty much all that can possibly be said about this figure has be stated already. Is there really a need to go on and on about.....well nothing?

I dunno. I don't see it any different than post after post containing a bunch of trouser creampies from the fanboys saying "it's the best Indy figure ever."

The most annoying thing is, most of the hypocrites content with this (solely because of the brand) were dogging the ____ out of Sideshow's Indy when he was announced. You were there. You saw it too. :lol

Not really junior. Your juvenile banter is actually boring me. You can't stay on task and have to keep pulling in irrelevant ____ to try and make cheap jabs because you've got no foundation if you were forced to stick to this topic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you brought up the following:
- Bruce Lee DX,
- Me being an HT fanboy apparently,
- AVP Celtic Predator's price
- Che Guevara
- Value of a dollar

If we were to poll it, I'm willing to bet that there're more people who agree with me, than are actually content to shill out the ridiculous asking price for the prototype we see.

What part of "I agree this figure is overpriced" you didn't get"... :dunno
All I've been saying in case you missed it, is, maybe... just maybe,
instead of beating a dead horse, wait for updated pics and/or in hand pics?...

As Kuzeh said it's more about expectations than anything else along with a decent price jump.

IMO the sculpt isn't there, and I find that to be the one thing that bugs me the most. I know I was really hoping for a 1/6th Indy that was perfect, and that in itself might be unrealistic. It is a damn nice figure but I think it falls short of the lofty expectations that many of us have, myself included.

I've said it also, the figure can definitely be improved, but it's a nice figure and the best overall 1/6 Indy so far IMO...

Did i happen to mention

Pretty much all that can possibly be said about this figure has been stated already. Is there really a need to go on and on about.....well nothing?
:goodpost:

Yes... Yes, you did... and on that note I'm jumping back out of this thread for the foreseeable future. There's no reason to post here till we get some sort of revised sculpt photos.

:exactly:

I dunno. I don't see it any different than post after post containing a bunch of trouser creampies from the fanboys saying "it's the best Indy figure ever."

Funny, all I see is you whining about it! :lol!!
BTW, i do think that overall, as is, it's the finest 1/6 Indy... not the ultimate perfect one...

The most annoying thing is, most of the hypocrites content with this (solely because of the brand) were dogging the ____ out of Sideshow's Indy when he was announced. You were there. You saw it too. :lol

I liked SS Indy a lot when it came out...
upgraded it a little bit, but overall, great figure...

BTW, I stumbled upon this...

Would it really matter? It's almost like people don't appreciate the effort that goes into these things to begin with. With all this whining over all the minor petty crap of the 12" you'd think they dropped the cash on a Cinemaquette.

What stuns me is the fact that you're critiquing the hell out of something you don't even have in your hands yet. You're basing everything off of someone else's photos and hearsay. I understand being inquisitive over photos posted online, hell, a few even have me stumped, but nitpicking it to death when you haven't even held the finished product is appalling. This is one of the problems with starting a photo thread before you physically have the figure in your grimy little mitts to critique. I saw this happen in the HotToys TDK thread which was ultimately locked because it was an embarrassment for anyone, with any self respect, to read. That is what's shallow and pretty petty man.

Couldn't be better. Just tired of reading the same harsh critique, by the same user, rehashed to make it look new but emphasizing the same points over and over as if we're trying to be "convinced" to see things their way. Then being attacked for stating my observation of it all. Additionally, I think it's problematic when said harsh critique is being dolled out by someone who doesn't even have the figure in question.

I don't know dude...
Maybe you should wait to have this figure in hand?... :dunno!

:yess:

Last edited:
You'd think you were dropping the cash on a Cinemaquette....

I dunno. Common sense dictates that at near three times the price, one should expect near three times the quality. But I guess, like any child, you're distracted by all the accessories. :wave

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_lu6v6hE_bA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

I understand being inquisitive over photos posted online, hell, a few even have me stumped, but nitpicking it to death when you haven't even held the finished product is appalling.

Your words, not mine! :wave!!

2002.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back