Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're basing everything off of someone else's photos and hearsay. I understand being inquisitive over photos posted online, hell, a few even have me stumped, but nitpicking it to death when you haven't even held the finished product is appalling.

That's the thing. I'm not basing it off of somebody else's photos. I'm basing it off of Hot Toys' photos. The photos they're using to promote the figure. And when the finished product arrives, and it looks just as off as this prototype, and it will, I'm gonna laugh you all the way out of this thread. Until then, keep getting distracted by all the accessories! :wave

Did i happen to mention

29zrkgp.jpg

Pretty much all that can possibly be said about this figure has been stated already. Is there really a need to go on and on about.....well nothing?

Don't insult Train wrecks like that....... :lol

As I said earlier, Wolverine existed outside of Jackman. While the figure released was supposed to be Jackman, despite the iffy likeness, it still perfectly captured the essence of who Wolverine was/is. Indy isn't Indy without Ford. Period. And there's not enough Ford in that likeness. Especially when you consider the MSRP (I live in the U.S. so any UK comparisons are entirely irrelevant to me).

Before Raiders of the Lost Ark hit the cinemas I had the novelization, and, to me, Indy looked like this:

DSCN3652.jpg

DSCN3653.jpg

:wink1:

Before Raiders of the Lost Ark hit the cinemas I had the novelization, and, to me, Indy looked like this:

DSCN3652.jpg

DSCN3653.jpg

:wink1:

What's the print date on that book?

Ballantine books published the first novel in April of '81 (film was released in June) and this is what Indy looked like:

287px-RaidersOfTheLostArk%28Novel%29.jpg

Last edited:
What's the print date on that book?

It was 1981.

I've been trying to discover the name of the artist, but there are no clues in the book, and net searches have come up with nothing either.

I remember picking this book off the shelf at WH Smiths in Southampton as clear as if it was yesterday. I was an instant fan of this new 'Indy' character!

Artist interpretation of the character pre-movie release is all well and good, but for folks Indiana Jones = Harrison Ford, and as such it's expected that the collectibles look like him.

Could be Jim Steranko.

I've never seen this pic before, but it's not very far from some prep work he did for ROTLA I've seen and Indy looked a lot like this (well, his equipment at least!)...

Of course, I may be totally wrong...

It was 1981.

I've been trying to discover the name of the artist, but there are no clues in the book, and net searches have come up with nothing either.

I remember picking this book off the shelf at WH Smiths in Southampton as clear as if it was yesterday. I was an instant fan of this new 'Indy' character!

That edition of the book could really be worth something. I only ever remember it with a metallic red cover with the poster image above on it. That was always my favourite Indy image, painted by Amsel. He nailed Harrison, I wonder how Arnie is doing? It seems a while since we saw anything official.

CHEERS!

I understand he has gone into hiding under an assumed name.

He attempted to create an assumed likeness, but no one could agree on whether or not he was successful. :wink1:

I wonder how Arnie is doing? It seems a while since we saw anything official.

That edition of the book could really be worth something. I only ever remember it with a metallic red cover with the poster image above on it.

It's not for sale. As Gollum would say, "It's my precioussss!"

It's value to me is worth more in nostalgia.

I've never seen another one since.

Arnie Kim is overrated...The only jobs I like from him are his Bruce Lee hs but his Godfather sculpt had nothing to do with HTs.

In fact wasnt he supposed to do the sculpt for the Superman Reeve DX? Too much coincidence its been delayed.

It's not for sale. As Gollum would say, "It's my precioussss!"

It's value to me is worth more in nostalgia.

I've never seen another one since.

I didn't even know it existed! I know that metallic red wasn't the only colour for the one I had, I think my friend had a green one. I have the TOD one and wish I had Crusade.

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back