Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one of the better looking Indiana Jones sculpts. IMHO this comes second to Trevor's. This looks like Ford!

kennerindianajones.jpg
[/IMG]

Most of the sheep praising this figure weren't even born when that was released. That was HT quality back then. :lol

:lol I actually got this figure for my 10th birthday. This WAS the HotToys of it's day and other than the short lived 3 3/4" line. The only licensed Indy figure for a LONG time....

Got one of those Kenner 12" Indys for Christmas in 3rd grade... best present ever... I took that figure EVERYWHERE.... also got the truck, Toht, Swordsman and German disguise Indy the same christmas.. without a doubt my best christmas memory as a kid... no wonder I am obsessed with these damned figures still !

I remember seeing the TV commercial for it and wanting it, but alas my mother could never find it anywhere so I missed out on that one.

Here's one of the better looking Indiana Jones sculpts. IMHO this comes second to Trevor's. This looks like Ford!

kennerindianajones.jpg
[/IMG]

My father has this one, from 1981, long time before I was born. It was made using the head from the Han solo figure...the hat is priceless. Still better for its day than the new HT Indy.

Got one of those Kenner 12" Indys for Christmas in 3rd grade... best present ever... I took that figure EVERYWHERE.... also got the truck, Toht, Swordsman and German disguise Indy the same christmas.. without a doubt my best christmas memory as a kid... no wonder I am obsessed with these damned figures still !

You were lucky. We couldn't find Indy's anywhere in these parts. My dad called us from working out of town all excited once and said "I found Indy!". We ____ our pants with excitement. He said "yeah, he's got a green cap, green shirt....."

Never did find adventure gear Indy. And this is why RJ is still obsessed with Indiana Jones toys.

I'll bet your first order of business back then was making him a new gun belt and holster out of a brown pipe cleaner. ;)

I didn't get the Kenner adventure gear Indy for some time after that christmas... we were actually visiting family in Memphis and went to a large toy store there that had just stocked the shelves.. spent my allowance on the arabian horse and unbeknownst to me my brother had found one adventure gear Indy and bought it with his allowance, for me ! surprised me when we got in line to check out.. Awesome guy...

I didn't get the Kenner adventure gear Indy for some time after that christmas... we were actually visiting family in Memphis and went to a large toy store there that had just stocked the shelves.. spent my allowance on the arabian horse and unbeknownst to me my brother had found one adventure gear Indy and bought it with his allowance, for me ! surprised me when we got in line to check out.. Awesome guy...

Did you even know this word back then? Unbeknownst

So... I see the complaints for the head sculpt on this, but I still think its the best Indy sculpt to come out. Is it for certain that there will be modifications done before it comes out?

Regardless, having passed on the SS versions because I didn't like the look, I'm looking forward to these.

Believe you me, the sole reason many passed on SSC's offerings was the factory paint. They just couldn't see the superb sculpt that lay beyond it. Now I'm repainting mine I can truly appreciate what a fine piece it really is. It is the quintessential Indy sculpt to me.

At times, SSC might seem like HT's poor relation, but, the SSC Indy sculpt is a rare reversal of fortune.

CHEERS!

I think if I bought this as it is now I'd experience the same feelings as I'm having towards my Batman figures as a result of all the customs that are showing up...irritation.

I'd have to stay away from the Indy section altogether because the inevitable (and already existing) superior customs would just make me annoyed at my stock figure for not getting everything right straight out the door.

I think if I bought this as it is now I'd experience the same feelings as I'm having towards my Batman figures as a result of all the customs that are showing up...irritation.

I'd have to stay away from the Indy section altogether because the inevitable (and already existing) superior customs would just make me annoyed at my stock figure for not getting everything right straight out the door.

And at $250, that simply shouldn't be the case. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back