Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I bought this as it is now I'd experience the same feelings as I'm having towards my Batman figures as a result of all the customs that are showing up...irritation.

I'd have to stay away from the Indy section altogether because the inevitable (and already existing) superior customs would just make me annoyed at my stock figure for not getting everything right straight out the door.

True, but there are some great bits to add to our customs from this. I'm considering getting one just for the map-room clothes, Ra headpiece and staff, sand bag, gun, shirt and shoes (if they fix the heels; they look like orthopedic shoes at the mo), gloved hands (possibly). It's a lot of money to boost my custom Indy, but loads of us are used to spending a lot on our custom Indys by now! Besides, I can make a bit back by ebaying the pedestal and other bits.

Would much rather be paying $250 for an awesome all-round Indy *sigh*

165147_488154957343_58690437343_6403166_7576622_n.jpg

IndianaJones(Arnie)_Raiders_02.jpg

Has anyone noticed how the jacket seems to be the same material as the DX Indy jacket?! WTF?:gah:

Has anyone noticed how the jacket seems to be the same material as the DX Indy jacket?! WTF?:gah:

Whip looks the same too. They should look at Mfisher's 1/6 whips for an example of how to do them properly.

Especially a cheap plastic pedestal (assuming it is plastic). That is one thing SSC sure got right with Belloq, their pedestal freaking rocks!

The SSC one is plastic. Only the extra front piece is polystone. It does look a lot better than HT's effort though. I love mine :)

Just wondering.......Not a lot changed from the prototype shots to what was shipped out with the SS Indy. I've never owned anything from Hot Toy's before....Are there ever major changes between what we see with their prototype figs and what is finally shipped out?

I'm also wondering if anyone knows for sure what the Hot Toys Idol Pedestal is made of?

HT are more likely to make changes I think, but don't bet on major changes. I expect the pedestal is plastic but I don't know for sure...

The likeness is ok in the first pic, but he looks like Kevin's Dad from the Wonder Years in the 2nd.

I've already written off this Indy. I'm working on my first Indy mash-up, and I think Spenser's new sculpt nails it.

Maybe I'll buy the jacket from this one when people start parting them out. It looks better than my Sideshow jacket. That's all I can say for HT Indy.

Those leather wraps and leash on the HT Tracker Pred should be whats used on Indy's satchel not that cheap pleather.
Its weird that more exacting detail is being given to a B movie creature design thats a hardly given
any screen time in another sequel attempt and is getting better treatment than Indiana friggin Jones.
:cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back